jjk1
GitHub: jjk4
IRC: jjk1
In-game: jjk1

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.69.1]

by jjk1 » Post

I get this error, if I try to make a grasspath with an efficiency shovel:

Code: Select all

2021-01-04 14:48:21: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod '' in callback item_OnPlace(): ...in/../games/mineclone2/mods/ITEMS/mcl_tools/init.lua:222: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
2021-01-04 14:48:21: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2021-01-04 14:48:21: ERROR[Main]: 	...in/../games/mineclone2/mods/ITEMS/mcl_tools/init.lua:222: in function <...in/../games/mineclone2/mods/ITEMS/mcl_tools/init.lua:193>

Fleckenstein
GitHub: EliasFleckenstein03
IRC: Fleckenstein
In-game: Fleckenstein

by Fleckenstein » Post

This was already fixed (fix will be available in the next release)

kay27
GitHub: kay27

by kay27 » Post

By the way, @Wuzzy, @MysticTempest: REFI textures are much more 'up to date', speaking of making final Wuzzy release :)

Nicu
GitHub: kneekoo

by Nicu » Post

Fleckenstein wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 18:41
I'll maintain MineClone2 in the future if you guys want me to.
Both you and kay27 have done great work lately, but you've solved some more difficult/grindy tasks at a speed I wouldn't have expected to see that stuff done. And by the way, I love the new XP bar, it looks great! Minecraft is now the cheap imitation. :))

Kidding aside, thanks a lot for the enchantment update. With the latest commits I even found enchanted books in chests, which is great. Now I look forward to occasionally fish out enchanted fishing rods or books - I haven't been fishing much since the latest commits, but I will.

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

Fleckenstein wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 18:41
kay27 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 16:17
P. S. Still hope you will change your mind. But if not - probably currently most active developer is Elias Fleckenstein - he told me that he worked on Crafter (here). Looking at his dragonfire hacklient, I think it might be promising.
I'll maintain MineClone2 in the future if you guys want me to.
Yes, please do this, this would be great!

goats

by goats » Post

@Leun You didn't mention testing and and others also confirming, you said "like a huge explosion happened," in reference to one instance which sounds like "it could be anything i don't know," so i merely offered what i have already observed many times in recent releases and Kay's server. Sure sounds more like a code issue now.

Of course, we are using the 5.3.0 client i am sure as well.

kay27

by kay27 » Post

Portals need some space to get built which they try to find. If minetest protection is used and an area is protected - this area shouldn't be used for new portal creation. Otherwise it can produce the result described. The rest of system resources uses for locating already existing portals, it really takes a lot of resources and still needs more to avoid the problems in some terminal points like a bedrock layer. I'll try to improve it (but can't promise), and hope you'll try to protect your creations and see if it helps

Leun
In-game: Leun

by Leun » Post

@goats, I know I didn't mention that stuff in "my" post. I said that markr had posted below my post, which markr did (scroll down), confirming that it happened to markr and markr explained how the explosion got triggered, which is same way it happened to me. I copy paste what markr posted below, sorry you got confused..

markr: "As for the Nether portal. I just got this to trigger. My crater wasn't as big as I expected but it is a few blocks all the way around the base. I got it to happen by putting the lowest 2 blocks of obsidian below the bedrock level where there had been stone. Just setting the entire thing right above the bedrock didn't case the problem. Now, my return portal was created at ground level. I never seem to be able to come back to my original portal no matter what. I tested this on your survival server at first but I couldn't trigger a return to my portal, it always goes back to a different one someone else already had in place. I caused the effect on a new world locally with a fresh git pull from your repo just now for the exploding effect."

Leun

by Leun » Post

@kay27, I've started a new world and have built a portal one block above Bedrock and it works fine now. It is not that big of a problem for me now. If it gets fixed in future, cool and if not no worries. Still enjoying the game. :)

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Seeking MCL2 successor

by Wuzzy » Post

I think we're getting closer to the 0.70.0 release, which is (hopefully) more or less stable. It won't be perfect, but it will be the last release triggered by me, if everything goes right.

I am now looking for a potential successor of this project, see here: https://git.minetest.land/Wuzzy/MineClone2/issues/984

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Version 0.70.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.70.0 is here! Nicknamed “The End of an Era”.
With lots of thanks to EliasFleckenstein for almost all of the bugfixes in this release.

Changelog:
  • Fix XP bar overflowing after enchanting
  • Add burning
  • Make golden shovels enchantable
  • Undead monsters burn in sunlight
  • Fix possible crafting guide-related crash
  • Fix mobs despawning while close to player
  • Fix snow-covered dirt dropping wrong node when dug with silk touch tool
  • Fix crash when digging gravel with Shovel with Fortune enchantment
  • Fix you becoming very small after you died in a boat
  • Fix crash in mcl_experience
  • Tweak bookshelf glyphs
  • Simplify catching of XP orbs
  • Fix displayed item of item frame sometimes keeping in mid-air after destroying item frame
  • Fix water source over lava source without effect
  • Fix bone meal sometimes not correctly growing saplings
  • Fix sugar cone not dropped by piston in Creative Mode
  • Drop items on ground if you catch an item with fishing rod but your inventory is full
  • Fix creepers not always dropping music disc when killed by skeleton
  • Fix mobs seeing through blocks
  • Fix armor stand on obsidian not dropping correctly if blown up by explosion
  • Fix endermen running away at daytime
  • Fix bows not correctly interactting with chest and itemframe
  • Fix end spawn portal sending players to destroyed bed
  • Fix Nether mobs not drowning in water
  • Fix spiders spawning on carpets
  • Fix spiders spawning too close to player
  • Fix several enchantment incompabilities
  • Fix magma cubes burning
  • Fix blazes not setting player on fire

Important announcement!
This release is probably the last one I will make for MineClone 2. I am now in the final phase of leaving the project, that is, choosing successor(s).

Nicu

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.70.0]

by Nicu » Post

Thanks, Wuzzy and EliasFleckenstein! :) This is a great release.

NO11
GitHub: NO411
In-game: NO11

by NO11 » Post

Is it possible to add a swimming animation that makes the player 1 block tall? Or in general that a player can be 1 block in size? (e.g. under a trapdoor)
PS: many thanks for the great release, Wuzzy

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Hem, sorry to ask, but, in this version, are there structures (like Desert Temple, Witch's house, ...)?
I don't seem lucky to find at least one.
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

Leun

by Leun » Post

@JiCeyCraft
I have found Desert Temples and Witch Huts, but I've never found any Ocean Temples yet. I recently found 3 Desert Temples very close to each other in 0.70.0, although one was almost completely destroyed by terrain gen, one was half buried and had chests, and the other temple was half destroyed by terrain gen and had chests. The chests had some enchanted books in them, some emeralds, bones and etc. Because I'm a nice guy, posting seed below with coordinates to each temple. Enjoy. :)

Seed: 999 (map gen: v7)
Temple #1 Pos: 382.8, -407.4 (half buried, has chests)
Temple #2 Pos: 519.3, -413.0 (half destroyed by cavern, has chests)
Temple #3 Pos: 456.0, -481.8 (mostly destroyed by terrain gen, no chests found by me)

*edited post to include map gen used
Last edited by Leun on Mon Jan 18, 2021 20:23, edited 1 time in total.

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Leun wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 19:58
@JiCeyCraft
I have found Desert Temples and Witch Huts, but I've never found any Ocean Temples yet. I recently found 3 Desert Temples very close to each other in 0.70.0, although one was almost completely destroyed by terrain gen, one was half buried and had chests, and the other temple was half destroyed by terrain gen and had chests. The chests had some enchanted books in them, some emeralds, bones and etc. Because I'm a nice guy, posting seed below with coordinates to each temple. Enjoy. :)

Seed: 999
Temple #1 Pos: 382.8, -407.4 (half buried, has chests)
Temple #2 Pos: 519.3, -413.0 (half destroyed by cavern, has chests)
Temple #3 Pos: 456.0, -481.8 (mostly destroyed by terrain gen, no chests found by me)
xD OOOkay!
The "JiCeyCraft is NOT lucky" Rule applies, then....*facehoof!*
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

goats

by goats » Post

@JiCeyCraft: Desert temples have been around ages. You must be very unlucky. Better luck in the future!

@NO11 It's definitely possible, but might take a bit of work to adapt or implement anew for mcl2. They work on so many things, some features come later than others.

NO11

by NO11 » Post

@Elias Fleckenstein: I saw your videos on Youtube (you have my subscription), including "Dual Wielding for Minetest".
Could that be added to Mineclone2? This is a great mc feature.
@goats ok...
And to everyone: does anyone have an idea how to make water (and lava) an eighth smaller, like in mc? Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work that easily with the current engine.

goats

by goats » Post

you can make water flow less, but i don't know that the flow physics can otherwise be replicated. (e.g. not spreading in all directions infinitely on slopes if you set up your sources correctly and don't do anything to make the flowing nodes update in a way you don't want)

markr
GitHub: CableGuy67

by markr » Post

I'm not sure if this is a new issue or an old one. I saw some talk about the issues with placing the end frame blocks and their having to be oriented correctly to create a portal. I'm using a local version of kay27's git which is as far as I know up to date with the main repo. I first saw the issue when trying to activate a found portal on his server. I dug down and found one with 3 eyes in the frame so I added the other 9 but the portal wouldn't activate. I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong but before I could check more his server vanished so I tried with my local copy here. It appears that the frame pieces are rotated 180 degrees on the y-axis from where they need to be. The 2x2 solid block on the top of the frame that serves as an indicator are all inside the frame facing toward the center, as opposed to being directly on the outside.

kay27

by kay27 » Post

@markr, woops, yep, thank you so much for notifying, it is my fault.
I changed the orientation for checkup function but didn't change the structures themselves.
And I'm still not sure whether the textures match the orientation!!! Who ever decided that to be so... I don't like it in Minecraft and have strong desire to remove "or node.param2 ~= ep_scheme[j].p" from this line. But it would be not like in MC :((( So I won't do that.
I'll have fixed that asap. Thanks again, I do apologize.

upd. fixed. a bit tricky. end portal block now rotates after you place it, so MC way of building (from the center) is cloned still, and it was easier than change the texture and the schematics and, moreover, all existing worlds

kay27

by kay27 » Post

as mesehub is again down for me right now i've pushed to gh experimental fix of some structures, like mentioned above
https://github.com/kay27/MineClone2/com ... 3448e172e7
the only minor is that i still cant find anything visible at pos 519.3,-413.0 @Leun
Attachments
screen207.png
screen207.png (183.9 KiB) Viewed 1242 times

Leun

by Leun » Post

@kay27, The outside of temple at 519.3, -413.0 was ok, but the inside was half destroyed by a cavern due to map gen.. when I went there. That temple did have chests, however, some temples I have visited in the past were missing the area with chests due to terrain gen.. either by a cavern or ravine intersection or whatever.

@kay27, And when I went to 456.0, -481.8, the outside of that temple was mostly missing.

@kay27, I'm actually playing on a different seed now, just going by the notes that I took when playing on seed 999. I figure it is hard to keep the underground part of the temple intact and not destroyed by terrain gen, so I'm not really concerned. I was only posting the seed and coordinates to let JiCeyCraft know that desert temples are indeed in game.. he just had bad luck in finding them, lol.

NO11

by NO11 » Post

Excuse me for the really stupid question :O , but I can't get it to use the texture converter. I get the following error:

Texture conversion BEGINS NOW!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./minetest-5.3.0/games/mineclone2/tools/Texture_Converter.py", line 436, in <module>
convert_textures()
File "./minetest-5.3.0/games/mineclone2/tools/Texture_Converter.py", line 142, in convert_textures
with open("Conversion_Table.csv, newline=") as csvfile:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'Conversion_Table.csv, newline='

can someone give me an example of what I would have to enter into the terminal....
Sorry again for the stupid question and my bad English, NO11

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

Code: Select all

nicu@nas:~/.minetest/games/mineclone2/tools$ python3 Texture_Converter.py 
ERROR: You didn't tell me the path to the Minecraft resource pack.
Mind-reading has not been implemented yet.

Try this:
    Texture_Converter.py -i <path to resource pack> -p <texture size>

For the full help, use:
    Texture_Converter.py -h

nicu@nas:~/.minetest/games/mineclone2/tools$ python3 Texture_Converter.py -h
This is the official MineClone 2 Texture Converter.
This will convert textures from Minecraft resource packs to
a Minetest texture pack.

Supported Minecraft version: 1.12 (Java Edition)

Syntax:
Texture_Converter.py -i <input dir> [-o <output dir>] [-d] [-v|-q] [-h]
Mandatory argument:
-i <input directory>
	Directory of Minecraft resource pack to convert

Optional arguments:
-p <texture size>
	Specify the size (in pixels) of the original textures (default: 16)
-o <output directory>
	Directory in which to put the resulting Minetest texture pack
	(default: working directory)
-d
	Just pretend to convert textures and just print output, but do not actually
	change any files.
-v
	Print out all copying actions
-h
	Show this help and exit