[Offering] Affordable Personal and Professional Full Service Minetest Hosting

Mineminer

[Offering] Affordable Personal and Professional Full Service Minetest Hosting

by Mineminer » Post

Hiya there! I was tired and frustrated of not being any "dedicated" Minetest hosting which included primary proper panel management for this game, performance tuning and/or at least a few backing up implementations. That I gone to the point of getting a dedicated server. Just so I am able to make implementations possible.

Though because I already set up the various instrafacture components (monitoring, alerting and so on) and do have capacity at our disposal from the dedicated server. I thought it would be appropriate for me to share my hosting and game management experiences by offering hosting servicing in this community.

Here is What You Will Get
Spoiler
  • Pterodactyl Panel's control of the Minetest's server. This includes start, stop, restarting and many more of the Minetest server.*
  • 3 Backup spots (upgradeable), so you can keep multiple backups shoved away on a seperate local server for your Minetest server. Speed and reliability all in one package!
  • Additionally offsite backups are done to a high quality HDD VPS. This task is automatically ran frequently throughout the day for typically 30 days retention. Additionally this VPS is located near enough for speedy recoveries without worrying so much about totally losing those backups with it.
  • I said full service and I means it. If you requires it, migrations, setting up, configuring game/mods and so on are generally included. In addition to panel and instrafacture concerns of course. Additionally I can configure WAL for your Minetest Server so you are able to reap the full performance possible out of the builtin database.
  • Flexibility, if you need different billing terms, limits and so on let me know and I will see what I am able to do for you. Even if it like having the service only active for the weekends because your grandkids are over then, I will make it happen. :)
  • Tired of wasting money on services that don't work for you and your needs? Being deaf and blind I totally gets this. That why all new clients will have the option to try the service for 14 days free of charge. To make sure the panel, Minetest server, servicing and so on are up to your needs and expectations.
*The databases tab is non operational since Minetest does not support MySQL/MariaDB as their alternative databases. Nor does the panel supports any of the dedicated database servers that Minetest may operates on instead of the built in one.
Here is What You Will Pay
Spoiler
$2 per month per...
512MB RAM
2GB SSD Storage
Optional Extra SSD Storage
$0.25 per 1GB per month
Optional Extra Backup Slots Beyond 3
$2/each per month
Possible Questions Answered
Spoiler
Where is this located?
Answer: North Carolina USA so you will get good/great pings from within the US, Europe, etc.
What Processor (CPU) is in use?
Answer: I will promise at least an i7-8068K (4Ghz Variant) in terms of single threaded performance, exact processor may vary.
How are other limitations applied?
Answer: Everything not mentioned is unmetered so you generally do not need to worry. If it a problem, I shall let you know unless it's absolutely needed for me to react right there and then. To prevent/respond to the host server from hanging, crashing, degrading, etc.
How to Order or to Contact me Privately

You may reach me in addition to using the PM feature of the forum...

Contact me...
Though Reddit https://www.reddit.com/user/DBFriendly
through email rickytorres551@gmail.com
Though Matrix, I am @friendlyperson:matrix.org on there
You can usually expects me approximately 10AM-11PM EST servicing all 7 days. If I am planning on being unavailable for much out of these timings, I will update this accordingly and any existing clients as well. :)
Last edited by Mineminer on Sun Dec 05, 2021 20:03, edited 2 times in total.

Minix
In-game: Minix

Re: [Offering] Personal and Professional Full Service Minetest Hosting

by Minix » Post

This looks promising, I have two questions:

1)Where can people contact you to hire your service ? I do not see any website or contact address apart from sending you a private message through the forum.
2)Are you self-hosting this service or are you renting a VPS for this ?

Mineminer

by Mineminer » Post

Minix wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 02:19
Thank you very much, much appreciate that of you! I will be more than happy to respond to both of these questions as below. :)
1)Where can people contact you to hire your service ? I do not see any website or contact address apart from sending you a private message through the forum.
You or anybody else for that matter may in addition to using the PM feature of the forum...
Contact me through email rickytorres551@gmail.com
Though Matrix, I am @friendlyperson:matrix.org on there

This should be added to the OP shortly so it more clear as well. :)
As explained on the OP it is indeed a VPS so that you can expect the usuals (generally 24x7 operations, DDoS mitigation, etc). So it's really professional grade hosting indeed. :)

Thanks again and you have a nice evening if we don't see each other for the rest of the evening. :)

UPDATE: How to Order and Contacting me Privately been added along with approximate availability of myself. :)

Mineminer

Deployed "As Needed" Backup Server Availability! All Without Impacting Typical Services!

by Mineminer » Post

I was concerned about the fact that I had a backup server "just sitting" there running on a schedule for pulling backups even if no backups are pending to be put into it!

Time I got to work and came up with a whole little setup to just do that!

Hence the Backup server will not run 24x7 by design yet not impacting your enjoyment of my services! The host server will simply "reactivates" the Backup server within the hour of you taking a backup! Then once it's done ALL of it's pending backing up duties. Simply "deactivate" that Backup server for the cycle to repeat itself!

So you could say that my services a bit green minded to boot! :)

Mineminer

by Mineminer » Post

I would like to put a little note regarding Hextrix's detection of "44 minutes downtime".

As I stated on the notation quite recently this was NOT observed on my end, even though I was actively running my own "main" Minetest server myself and even was playing on it with another player of mine.

So unless it repeats itself over and over again I gonna just leave it at that. As there were no drops in actual services like panel and the game server themselves.

Mineminer

by Mineminer » Post

Minix wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 02:19

I had long since updated my offerings ever since I got sorted with a different host that seems to better with handling networking related issues than I had in the past so I will "re" answer your questions to reflect the current situation...

1. I since added Reddit to another option to contact me it's https://www.reddit.com/user/DBFriendly

2. I now since moved to a i7 8068K (4Ghz Variant) DEDICATED server. Under it's case we got...
2 8GB sticks running at 3,200MT/s each (16GB total installed right now)
2x500GB RAID 1 SLC cached and TLC backed SSDs (they akin to 840 PROs or possibly the latter EVOs. Don't worry they don't sucks like MX500s. :) )
1Gbps uplink with tens of TB of monthly bandwidth to spare.