Releasing that mod I made a couple days ago that will randomly place buildings on your map.
Watchtower ruin (built on sand/dirt)
Watchtower (built on sand/dirt)
Wooden house (built on dirt)
How it works
- You declare the building in the buildings.lua file (cf below)
- You force the server to generate new chunks
- Enjoy !
How to declare new buildings
The buildings file is basically a single table in which you have to declare your buildings. It uses the variables:
- name: the name of the building
- size: the dimensions of the building (in relation to the `structure` variable
- odds: chances the building has to be placed on the map for each chunk it fits in
- building_surfaces: a table of the nodes the building can be placed on
- structure: the actual building
I called it "villages" but it's merely a mod that allows you to place random buildings on the map. It's up to you to make it generate complete towns !
Note that every building you generate has to be AT MOST 15x15x15 nodes, which is the size of the chunks generated by the server.