[Mod] TerrariumBlocks [v. 1] [terrariumblocks]

Fifi

[Mod] TerrariumBlocks [v. 1] [terrariumblocks]

by Fifi » Post

TerrariumBlocks v. 1

Description
TerrariumBlocks is a mod, which adds metal bricks (tin bricks, copper bricks, bronze bricks, rusty bricks, silver bricks, golden bricks, mithril bricks) alongside with stone wall, planked wall and wooden beam to MineTest. All of that things is inspired by Terraria game (although tin, bronze and rusty bricks are my own ideas). It also adds some of materials, which I personally missed in MineTest - marble, porphyry and granite (alongside with corresponding bricks) and three bonus materials (carbon fibre, coal bricks, sandstone bricks).
In short words - this mod adds more colorful and aesthetic materials to MineTest game.

Most of nodes added by this mod have breaking speed set to 3 and tool set to pickaxe. The only exceptions are Wooden Beam, with tool set to axe, and carbon fibre stuff (excluding carbon, but non-fibre nodes) with breaking speed set to 1 (slower than 3).

License stuff
Code is licensed under BSD license, while all textures are licensed on CC BY-SA rules.

Mod dependencies
This mod requires the following mods: default, moreores, lavacooling.

Download
[here]

Crafting recipes (output amount given in brackets)

Marble [1]
Smelt Stone in the furnace.

Porphyry [4]
Smelt Gravel in the furnace.

Granite [16]
Smelt Molten in the furnace.

Carbon Fibre Block [6]
@@
@@
Where @ = Coal.

Sandstone Bricks [8]
@@
@@
Where @ = Sandstone.

Stone Wall [27]
XOX
OOO
XOX
Where O = Stone and X = nothing.

Planked Wall [27]
@O
Where @ = Stone Wall and O = Tree.

Wooden Beam [8]
@
@
Where @ = Tree.

Bricks
@O
Where O = Stone and @ is:
  • Marble - for Marble Bricks [6]
  • Porphyry - for Porphyry Bricks [8]
  • Granite - for Granite Bricks [8]
  • Carbon Fibre Block - for Carbon Bricks [4]
  • metal Ingot - for metal Bricks [5]
Tin produces Tin Bricks, Copper produces Copper Bricks, Bronze produces Bronze Bricks, Iron produces Rusty Bricks, Silver produces Silver Bricks, Gold produces Golden Bricks and Mithril produces Mithril Bricks.
You can use metal Lump instead of metal Ingot, but this will decrease output Bricks amount by 1.

any Panel [8]
@@
Where @ = Panel material.

any Slab [8]
@@@
Where @ = Slab material.

any Stairs [8]
XXO
XOO
OOO
Where O = Stairs material.

any "wall" Panel [8]
@
@
Where @ = Panel material.

any "wall" Slab [6]
@
@
@
Where @ = Slab material.

any "wall" Stairs [7]
OOO
XXO
XXO
Where O = Stairs material.

Inverted Panels, Slabs and Stairs
You can produce inverted versions of such blocks by putting the original ones into the crafting grid (the output will be an inverted version of block). You can also produce the regular ones back by doing this trick again.

Screenshots

Bricks
Begining from the left: Coal Bricks, Tin Bricks, Copper Bricks, Bronze Bricks, Rusty Bricks, Silver Bricks, Golden Bricks, Mithril Bricks.

New rocks
Begining from the left: Granite, Porphyry, Marble. We can finally build majestic, ancient buildings. ^^

Planked wall, wooden beam and stone wall
Begining from the left: Planked Wall, Wooden Beam, Planked Wall (again), Stone Wall.

New rocks bricks and sandstone bricks
Begining from the left: Granite Bricks, Porphyry Bricks, Marble Bricks, Sandstone Bricks.

Carbon fibre stuff
Finally, some usage for coal. ^^

New rocks stairs
Begining from the left: Granite, Porphyry, Marble.
Last edited by Fifi on Sun Sep 02, 2012 09:02, edited 1 time in total.

Spots

by Spots » Post

might be cool but smelting gravel makes tar in another mod

Lelix

by Lelix » Post

good!

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

Spots wrote:might be cool but smelting gravel makes tar in another mod
Quite true in fact its my mod building_blocks originally part of my now discontinued Tar mod
Edit: while i would be pleased with an alternate recipe Tar was just a way for me to have a use for gravel as a decorative node again and i wouldnt care if you used the recipe.
Edit2: maybe on interaction with lava gravel would turn into this stone?
Last edited by sdzen on Thu Aug 30, 2012 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

Zen S.D.

The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

Spots

by Spots » Post

if i'm not mistaken again isn't there a marble out where you use the tar and stone?

Fifi

by Fifi » Post

Yes, if I recall correctly.

In my mod Marble comes from smelting Stone.
Last edited by Fifi on Fri Aug 31, 2012 02:02, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Unified Dyes uses cooked stone to get a material for white paint.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Spots

by Spots » Post

http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=674
has the uses for the tar and yes i use that mod a lot and it has the marble made from tar

Fifi

by Fifi » Post

sdzen wrote:
Spots wrote:might be cool but smelting gravel makes tar in another mod
Quite true in fact its my mod building_blocks originally part of my now discontinued Tar mod
Edit: while i would be pleased with an alternate recipe Tar was just a way for me to have a use for gravel as a decorative node again and i wouldnt care if you used the recipe.
Edit2: maybe on interaction with lava gravel would turn into this stone?
Hm, interaction checking could be a bit resource-consuming for the computer, but I got an idea - maybe, if you'll be so nice, you could change tar recipe to smelting planks (because it will better resemble real tar making)? Of course if you don't want such solution, I'll just search for a better recipe for my mod. ;)
VanessaE wrote:Unified Dyes uses cooked stone to get a material for white paint.
I thought up another recipe but I wanna ask first: What about changing Unified Dyes white paint recipe to smelting Marble? It will better explain source of white paint. :) Please tell me what you think about it, if you don't want such an idea, I'll of course just change my recipe. ;)

Small announcement about TerrariumBlocks mod
I'll probably update this mod soon with Cobbled Pavement (for roads - it would be strange to have that cool rocks (Marble, Granite, Porphyry) and build classic Roman buildings without famous Roman roads), colored torches and one secret surprise (or maybe more than one).
I'll also fix the recipes conflicts, depending on mod authors decisions.
Last edited by Fifi on Sat Sep 01, 2012 16:54, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I could possibly do that, though I'm not sure if marble makes a particularly good source of titanium dioxide :-)
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

Fifi wrote: Hm, interaction checking could be a bit resource-consuming for the computer
I dont belive it would be too resource consuming depending on how its done after all it would only need to be called when lava is in interaction with gravel and there could be a delay in it so it doesnt happen immediately just thinking

edit: 1000th post!
Last edited by sdzen on Fri Sep 07, 2012 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

Zen S.D.

Owner of the Zelo's

Fifi

by Fifi » Post

VanessaE wrote:I could possibly do that, though I'm not sure if marble makes a particularly good source of titanium dioxide :-)
Hm, so yes or no. ;)? I have alternative recipe for mine, if you won't like to change yours. :) I just wanna know if I should use it, or not.
It's rather about the look and feel, not just the chemistry. ;)
sdzen wrote:
Fifi wrote: Hm, interaction checking could be a bit resource-consuming for the computer
I dont belive it would be too resource consuming depending on how its done after all it would only need to be called when lava is in interaction with gravel and there could be a delay in it so it doesnt happen immediately just thinking
Hm, you're right, but after some thinking I'm quiet sceptic about that, because it will be a bit complicated and time-consuming for the player. :(
What about my idea for tar recipe. :)? I have alternative recipe for mine, if you won't like to change yours. :) I just wanna know if I should use it, or not.

Small announcement about TerrariumBlocks mod
I updated recipes list with wall panels, slabs and stairs recipes (I forgot to write them down before).
Last edited by Fifi on Sun Sep 02, 2012 05:53, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I think it's better to leave it as cooked stone -> titanium dioxide.

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

the recipe for terrariumblocks:porphyry conflicts with building_blocks:tar

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

cornernote wrote:the recipe for terrariumblocks:porphyry conflicts with building_blocks:tar
/me looks up at previous conversation about this
/me WTF!

Zen S.D.

Owner of the Zelo's

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

I see, sorry didnt read the entire post because I was reporting broken recipes in several mods. So what should we do, stop using building blocks cos its obsolete, change tar, or change this mod?

edit, now i am back at my pc... ok i see, recommendation is changing tar to be smelting wood planks
Last edited by cornernote on Tue Sep 25, 2012 01:20, edited 1 time in total.

GJH105775

by GJH105775 » Post

Cool.
+1
Check out my mod xtrablocks, has some different types of marble that you can build with or mine at different depths

I am not here regularly as I just kind of pop in and out. If you want to find me I'll be on quadcopterforum.com helping with multirotor builds and spending other's money haha.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a119/ ... hicons.jpg