[Mod] Craft Guide [craft_guide] - Shows crafts for all loade

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

madarexxx wrote:Cornernote, thank you for this mod, it works fine, but i found 3 issues in it:
1) It crash Minetest if you have many mods and world have some dropped things (about 1 stack is enough for crash)
2) If there is two or more recipes which are producing same thing, you can see only one of them. What about adding buttons near a craft window, which will switch recipes?
3) It works slow sometimes (not critical, but is a little irritating)

And what about a function, to find, in which recipes is this thing using. It will be very useful for people, who have many mods.

Thanks you very much
1)
I have a LOT of mods in my world. Most of them from the forum. Can you give more info about the crash? What are you doing at the time, anything useful in debug.txt ?

2)
At this point in time the game engine does not give me the output of both crafts, only the last registered one. If the engine does not gain support for this in the next release or so I may update the mod to have its own registry. The problem with this is the installation for users is a little more tricky.

3)
Yeah, again I'm going to have to blame the engine. I'm not sure why, but if you have a lot of mods it does that.

If you simply want a way to see all the items and recipes, you may consider using my GameWiki. It will give you a website that shows how to make everything your game offers (even if recipes overlap). You can have unlimited bookmarks, multiple tabs and search (all thanks to your web browser).
tjefferson wrote:ok i am learning alot about minetest but i can't figure this out
11:52:11= error[main]= moderror= failed to load and run c\users\daddy\desktop\minetest-0.4.2-rc1-d38b465-win32\bin\..\mods\minetest\cornernote-minetest-craft_guide-a28d7f9\init.lua if you can help me on this and please make it simple i don't understand alot of computer terms so if you please can make it lamen terms. thanks so much for your help.
You have to rename it to craft_guide (or remove the - (minus) characters, MT doesn't like them in the filename).

PewDiePie

by PewDiePie » Post

i try to download it and put it in my mod folder but it doesnt work. someone help.
_Pewdy_
There's A Reason Your Heart Is On The Left Side Because Its not Always Right.
-Wiz Khalifa

Temperest
GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Post

"Doesn't work" gives very little information about what's wrong. "Doesn't work" could mean a number of things, such as your computer being on fire, or turned off. Assuming your computer is on and not on fire, what isn't working? Were you not able to download it? Were you not able to install it? Were you not able to find a fire extinguisher?
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.

PewDiePie

by PewDiePie » Post

no my computer isnt on fire. i put it in my mod folder and open minetest and it says mod error.
-Wiz Khalifa

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

What is the folder named? Make sure it's named "craft_guide", and make sure you can find "init.lua" in that folder (and not in a folder inside that folder).

If init.lua is in a folder inside that folder, move that subfolder out into its own folder and delete the original one.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

PewDiePie

by PewDiePie » Post

do i unzip the folder?
-Wiz Khalifa

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

Um, yes.

You also need to have MineTest, and it also needs to be unzipped.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

PewDiePie

by PewDiePie » Post

k thx it worked.
_Pewdy_
-Wiz Khalifa

mrtux

by mrtux » Post

Nice mod! Finally I don't need to view the mods source code to get the crafting recipies.
+1
thanks doge

Blackthorne

by Blackthorne » Post

Hmm. I keep getting a LUA error with this mod whenever I try to open my private world.

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Post

cornernote, to clear the air about crashes take this - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7HUMr ... 2Y5YkZoaXM
it is my minetest combined linux/windows folder. Steps to get crash:
1) Open world, for example sdf. Try to use something, it shell work fine.
2) Drop something, for example a stack of cobblestone.
3) Exit to menu.
4) Try to open this world again.
5) Look, how it crashes.
6) Move a craft_guide mod folder to somewhere and launch it again. It works!
Sorry for my bad English, please help me learn it - correct my worst mistakes :)

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

madarexxx wrote:cornernote, to clear the air about crashes take this - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7HUMr ... 2Y5YkZoaXM
it is my minetest combined linux/windows folder. Steps to get crash:
1) Open world, for example sdf. Try to use something, it shell work fine.
2) Drop something, for example a stack of cobblestone.
3) Exit to menu.
4) Try to open this world again.
5) Look, how it crashes.
6) Move a craft_guide mod folder to somewhere and launch it again. It works!
Thanks for taking the time to send this bug report.

I downloaded your game, and i was able to replicate the issue, and also to see the issue go away when i removed craft_guide. However the issue also went away when i removed realistic_ores_and_metals (can you confirm this is the same for you?).

I put craft_guide and realistic_ores_and_metals on (and no others), and it loaded fine. The debug.txt showed a lot of lines like this:

Code: Select all

INFO[main]: Client: Detached inventory update: "craft_guide"
Finally I tried something random that worked...

Change the 0 to 10 in init.lua on line 307, this line:

Code: Select all

minetest.after(0, function()
Let me know if that works.

madarexxx

by madarexxx » Post

cornernote wrote: I downloaded your game, and i was able to replicate the issue, and also to see the issue go away when i removed craft_guide. However the issue also went away when i removed realistic_ores_and_metals (can you confirm this is the same for you?).
No, it's not same - after moving realistic ores and metals minetest still crashes :(

cornernote wrote:Finally I tried something random that worked...

Change the 0 to 10 in init.lua on line 307, this line:
minetest.after(0, function()

Let me know if that works.
Damn, Man- It work!! Thank you for fixing this annoying bug!
Sorry for my bad English, please help me learn it - correct my worst mistakes :)

Matsetes

by Matsetes » Post

I tried the mod but the recipes has some errors... For example in the technic mod it display the RE battery and the battery box with the same recipe. It gives me the same problem with another pair of objects that now I don't remember...
In plus it will not show the objects of all the mod. It doesn't display the lights mod, one object of the teleport mod and all of the mesecon mod, perhaps it doesn't show more objects that the ones I noticed...

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

Matsetes wrote:I tried the mod but the recipes has some errors... For example in the technic mod it display the RE battery and the battery box with the same recipe. It gives me the same problem with another pair of objects that now I don't remember...
I see the same thing. Seems that the builtin craft registry is not working well.
Matsetes wrote:In plus it will not show the objects of all the mod. It doesn't display the lights mod, one object of the teleport mod and all of the mesecon mod, perhaps it doesn't show more objects that the ones I noticed...
There was a known issue for items that had quotes inside quotes.

Anyhoo...

I changed it back to use my own registry. This means you will have to put a depends.txt in the default mod with the contents "craft_guide". See README.txt for more info.

Matsetes

by Matsetes » Post

I didn't understand...

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

Try the latest version, should solve those issues.

Jordanlw

by Jordanlw » Post

I was just wondering if you knew that you can drag the listed items (which you don't own) out of the craft guide window onto the ground and pick them up?
Also it's currently not displaying any items at all (except for the craft guide PC & sign), I only have craft guide installed, I tried adding "craft_guide" to the depends.txt in the right location but I get this error:

09:25:42: ERROR[main]: ModError: mod "craft_guide" has unsatisfied dependencies: "default" "stairs".

Thanks.

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

Jordanlw wrote:I was just wondering if you knew that you can drag the listed items (which you don't own) out of the craft guide window onto the ground and pick them up?
LOL, no I didnt know that! I wonder how you prevent that from happening?...

Remove the depends.txt from craft_guide and try again. Let me know how you go. I removed it in git too.

EDIT - these issues are fixed in latest Git
Last edited by cornernote on Wed Sep 12, 2012 02:03, edited 1 time in total.

Jordanlw

by Jordanlw » Post

Is there a unique item ID? (one for EACH item?), if so maybe you can save that ID during craft guide use and after it, if there's a item with matching ID delete it?

EDIT: forgot to mention, craft guide's working now! Thanks.
Last edited by Jordanlw on Wed Sep 12, 2012 01:41, edited 1 time in total.

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

Jordanlw wrote:Is there a unique item ID? (one for EACH item?), if so maybe you can save that ID during craft guide use and after it, if there's a item with matching ID delete it?
Each item has a name like mod:name, default:wood, wool:red, etc

Not sure what you mean about deleting it. Do you mean about the previous exploit where you can drop items off the side? If so thats fixed now.

Jordanlw

by Jordanlw » Post

Ooh, I was just wondering if there was a unique identifier for every instance of a item, like a serial number for each item which could be used to track if the item came from the craft guide interface, if so delete it after the interface is closed?
But now that bugs fixed it doesn't matter.

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

Oh, just a note, both links in the download section point to the ZIP, whereas the "git" link should probably point to the GitHub repository.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

Jordanlw

by Jordanlw » Post

I just found another bug, if you open the craft guide and move an item you don't own into the bookmark section, you can then drag it to the floor and keep it.

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

fixed, you hacker you =)