0.4.3 Couldn't load default images and mod mode not working

MarioMaster100

0.4.3 Couldn't load default images and mod mode not working

by MarioMaster100 » Post

I built 0.4.3 from source and I got the source of both minetest and minetest_game and placed it in the proper directory and once it was built it told me

Code: Select all

00:17:42: ERROR[main]: generate_image(): Could not load image "crack_anylength.png" while building texture
00:17:42: ERROR[main]: generate_image(): Creating a dummy image for "crack_anylength.png"
Font size: 8 15
00:17:42: ERROR[main]: generate_image(): Could not load image "heart.png" while building texture
00:17:42: ERROR[main]: generate_image(): Creating a dummy image for "heart.png"
I edited the minetest.conf and copied the /games/minimal/ default textures to textures/ and told minetest.conf to find those images there. That finally got it to run but now the mod mode doesn't run it runs but I just see the sky and I can't move and the inventory at the bottom of the screen isn't there. Oh also this is a debian wheezy system I'm running this on.
Last edited by MarioMaster100 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 15:46, edited 1 time in total.

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Make sure you run the "minetest" binary from the bin/ folder, not from the root Minetest folder. Also, you shouldn't copy anything around. Also, you should get the Minetest game:
https://github.com/celeron55/minetest_game

MarioMaster100

by MarioMaster100 » Post

I do run it from the bin/ folder and I did have the minetest_game and it's in the right directory.

MarioMaster100

by MarioMaster100 » Post

Also it's not building lots of things like doors or staircases and I'm following the recipe from the wiki O_O

MarioMaster100

by MarioMaster100 » Post

Gave my little the windows version to mess with and it turns out I'm missing a whole box of blocks that I'm supposed to see to the left of the screen when you press I for inventory O_O

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

That box on the left is the creative inventory and is only visible in creative mode (checkbox in the "Singleplayer" menu).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

MarioMaster100

by MarioMaster100 » Post

I did have creator mode checked on singleplayer. Hmm maybe the whole thing didn't compile well (though I followed all the directions) is there a log I should check?