[Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.87]

Sokomine
Member
Posts: 4317
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: [Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.86]

by Sokomine » Post

If you want to use the circular saw from moreblocks in VoxeLibre, that ought to be possible now with mcl_moreblocks.
A list of my mods can be found here.

geomagas
New member
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2024 20:02
In-game: geomagas
Contact:

Re: [Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.86]

by geomagas » Post

Hey guys,
Is there a changelog somewhere?

User avatar
Blockhead
Member
Posts: 1845
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:14
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256
Location: Land Down Under
Contact:

Re: [Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.86]

by Blockhead » Post

geomagas wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 10:38
Hey guys,
Is there a changelog somewhere?
The repository has markdown release note files for the last 4 versions: Voxelibre/releasenotes. Historical data isn't there though. ContentDB also doesn't have a release notes section, which would be nice, nor does the repository use Gitea releases. You'll have to trawl back through this thread for historical changelog notes.

That's for human-readable notes. You could always check the git commit log for full info. The main commit message should be understandable at least some of the time, even without programming knowledge.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

Nebbie
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 23:52

Re: [Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.86]

by Nebbie » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 11:18
geomagas wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 10:38
Hey guys,
Is there a changelog somewhere?
The repository has markdown release note files for the last 4 versions: Voxelibre/releasenotes. Historical data isn't there though. ContentDB also doesn't have a release notes section, which would be nice, nor does the repository use Gitea releases. You'll have to trawl back through this thread for historical changelog notes.

That's for human-readable notes. You could always check the git commit log for full info. The main commit message should be understandable at least some of the time, even without programming knowledge.
So: https://git.minetest.land/VoxeLibre/Vox ... release.md

Quite the release. Is the plan then to rename everything with a unique Minecraft name to avoid copyright/trademark issues? I get "Enderman", but "Creeper" is a common noun...

geomagas
New member
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2024 20:02
In-game: geomagas
Contact:

Re: [Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.86]

by geomagas » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 11:18
geomagas wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 10:38
Hey guys,
Is there a changelog somewhere?
The repository has markdown release note files for the last 4 versions: Voxelibre/releasenotes. Historical data isn't there though. ContentDB also doesn't have a release notes section, which would be nice, nor does the repository use Gitea releases. You'll have to trawl back through this thread for historical changelog notes.

That's for human-readable notes. You could always check the git commit log for full info. The main commit message should be understandable at least some of the time, even without programming knowledge.
Thank you! :)

User avatar
Melkor
Member
Posts: 383
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 01:03
Location: Underground

Re: [Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.86]

by Melkor » Post

the mob's replacement are ugly :(
oh well...

edit: my mistake

Herowl
New member
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2023 22:38

Re: [Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.86]

by Herowl » Post

Nebbie wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 15:41
Blockhead wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 11:18
geomagas wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 10:38
Hey guys,
Is there a changelog somewhere?
The repository has markdown release note files for the last 4 versions: Voxelibre/releasenotes. Historical data isn't there though. ContentDB also doesn't have a release notes section, which would be nice, nor does the repository use Gitea releases. You'll have to trawl back through this thread for historical changelog notes.

That's for human-readable notes. You could always check the git commit log for full info. The main commit message should be understandable at least some of the time, even without programming knowledge.
So: https://git.minetest.land/VoxeLibre/Vox ... release.md

Quite the release. Is the plan then to rename everything with a unique Minecraft name to avoid copyright/trademark issues? I get "Enderman", but "Creeper" is a common noun...
Creeper is the mascot of Minecraft, it had to be changed into an entirely new mob with similar functionality.

Herowl
New member
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2023 22:38

Re: [Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.86]

by Herowl » Post

Grossam wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 16:44
Hi ! I have an enchanted Diamond pickaxe with solidity III, i.e. about 6000 uses. When I kill a "captain" and get the Bad Omen effect, the number of uses goes back to the regular 1500 of a vanilla pickaxe.

I guess it's a part of the effect, but with a friend we were unable to find where this tool weakening is implemented in the sources. Someone know ?


Thank you !
It's not part of the effect, it's not intended. I reproduced it, it's a weird bug... I suspect it might be related to a bug in Minetest, which we must find workaround for. Thanks for the report!

Herowl
New member
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2023 22:38

Re: [Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.87]

by Herowl » Post

The bug mentioned above and a few others are fixed in the Hotfix, v0.87.1, which is live now!

Release notes for the hotfix AND the last release, 0.87.0, are available here:
https://git.minetest.land/VoxeLibre/Vox ... release.md

tuxayo
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2021 19:08

Re: [Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.86]

by tuxayo » Post

Thanks the continuous work on the project <3
It's one of the most mature and elaborated libre games projects, period.
Wuzzy wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 07:54
By the way, I strongly disapprove the promotion of proprietary software Discord. :P I don't just want to make games, I want free software to win. Using Discord is like surrender.
+1
It's a thing to have a bridge between a Matrix and Discord chat, but the libre one should be suggested first. In the previous messages before the Matrix room was mentioned, only the Discord one was mentioned. So I though it was the only official chatroom.
Discord is non libre and should at best be treated as a necessary evil in a project that is the go-to solution for a libre alternative to Minecraft.

It's not only about software freedom, there is also privacy:
https://libreddit.bus-hit.me/r/privacy/ ... heres_why/
(https://www.reddit.com/r/privacy/commen ... heres_why/)

A libre software project - even not very formally organized - would be a place where one shouldn't need to keep staying very vigilant about software freedom and privacy like with non libre games communities.
Another little concrete thing would be for Discord links to have some kind of reminder that it's non libre and bad privacy wise. Even if it's vague common knowledge, it's not something to get resigned about and not even mention. Especially with a libre alternative.


Anyway, back to spending hours mining, crafting and building while listing to podcasts/videos :D

ancientmariner
Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2022 22:31
In-game: ancientmariner

Re: [Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.86]

by ancientmariner » Post

tuxayo wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 21:10
Thanks the continuous work on the project <3
It's one of the most mature and elaborated libre games projects, period.
Wuzzy wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 07:54
By the way, I strongly disapprove the promotion of proprietary software Discord. :P I don't just want to make games, I want free software to win. Using Discord is like surrender.
+1
It's a thing to have a bridge between a Matrix and Discord chat, but the libre one should be suggested first. In the previous messages before the Matrix room was mentioned, only the Discord one was mentioned. So I though it was the only official chatroom.
Discord is non libre and should at best be treated as a necessary evil in a project that is the go-to solution for a libre alternative to Minecraft.

It's not only about software freedom, there is also privacy:
https://libreddit.bus-hit.me/r/privacy/ ... heres_why/
(https://www.reddit.com/r/privacy/commen ... heres_why/)

A libre software project - even not very formally organized - would be a place where one shouldn't need to keep staying very vigilant about software freedom and privacy like with non libre games communities.
Another little concrete thing would be for Discord links to have some kind of reminder that it's non libre and bad privacy wise. Even if it's vague common knowledge, it's not something to get resigned about and not even mention. Especially with a libre alternative.


Anyway, back to spending hours mining, crafting and building while listing to podcasts/videos :D
I personally cannot stand Discord, but 90%+ of our players access us through that proprietary hell. There is no good that can come from dogmatically shutting them out. Since I took over, I've regularly been maintaining bridges to Matrix for all our channel despite the fact it seems to get wiped out every month. It's beyond frustrating. We announce everything in Matrix, and polled in Matrix. Our players can come to us through a FOSS option if they wish and that is something we spend effort doing. We can open the door, but we cannot force people to walk through it. You don't win people over that way.

It's very easy to stand from the sidelines, but not that easy when you come in after a long days work, and your back is killing and you can hardly sit, but you need to manually go through 30+ channels and rebridge them regularly. On top o that, to get people pointing very sharp fingers at us for it doesn't help. Maybe focus on projects that don't bridge effectively. I think Minetest do not bridge all their channels, and have a much bigger moderation team. Maybe your energy is best placed elsewhere to promote libre software.

Of course, we're always looking for volunteers to help. FLOSS software doesn't get better by folks pointing fingers, it gets better by people volunteering their free time to make it better.

thomz92
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 03:08

Re: [Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.87]

by thomz92 » Post

Thanks to all developers for the great work! Is there any way for me to create a "peaceful" and kid-friendly version by removing all monsters (aggressive animals are ok) and magic (potions, enchanting, etc.)? I also posted this same question regarding Mineclonia...

ancientmariner
Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2022 22:31
In-game: ancientmariner

Re: [Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.87]

by ancientmariner » Post

thomz92 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 18:14
Thanks to all developers for the great work! Is there any way for me to create a "peaceful" and kid-friendly version by removing all monsters (aggressive animals are ok) and magic (potions, enchanting, etc.)? I also posted this same question regarding Mineclonia...
Glad you're enjoying it. There is a setting: "only_peaceful_mobs". If you select that, hostiles shouldn't spawn. I think also enable_damage turned to off can help. If you have any issues with these, please let us know as it would be a bug we would need to address.

thomz92
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 03:08

Re: [Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.87]

by thomz92 » Post

ancientmariner wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 20:53
Glad you're enjoying it. There is a setting: "only_peaceful_mobs". If you select that, hostiles shouldn't spawn. I think also enable_damage turned to off can help. If you have any issues with these, please let us know as it would be a bug we would need to address.
Ah of course. Should have thought of that.

Doesn't look like there is that option for magic, so I may have to edit code or mods myself if I want it out?

User avatar
Blockhead
Member
Posts: 1845
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:14
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256
Location: Land Down Under
Contact:

Re: [Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.87]

by Blockhead » Post

thomz92 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 03:00
Doesn't look like there is that option for magic, so I may have to edit code or mods myself if I want it out?
Yes it seems you'll have to. What are the "magic" components to remove exactly? Enchanting? Alchemy? Nether portals? Beacons? The magical mobs are already taken out.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

Herowl
New member
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2023 22:38

Re: [Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.87]

by Herowl » Post

More fixes and improvements in another minor release, 0.87.2, which is live now!

Release notes for this update, along with the release notes for the previous hotfix and the last major release, 0.87.0, are available here: https://git.minetest.land/VoxeLibre/Vox ... release.md

thomz92
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 03:08

Re: [Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.87]

by thomz92 » Post

Yes it seems you'll have to. What are the "magic" components to remove exactly? Enchanting? Alchemy? Nether portals? Beacons? The magical mobs are already taken out.
Yeah, I suppose I have a somewhat subjective line drawn somewhere after nether portals and before enchanting.

The Mineclonia guys had some ideas in case anyone else is interested.

viewtopic.php?p=436878#p436878

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: YaCy [Bot] and 0 guests