[Mod] Deploy Nodes [deploy_nodes] nodes that turn into big structures

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

Now has shooting arrows to place structures!

BZab

by BZab » Post

error_message = ServerError: LuaError: error running function 'on_step': .../mods/minetest/deploy_nodes/deploy_building/init.lua:28: 'popen' not supported
And game crushes...

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

Which OS are you running?

Feorth

by Feorth » Post

Woah, great mod! Thanks!

BZab

by BZab » Post

cornernote wrote:Which OS are you running?
Linux Ubuntu... one of newest...

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

It seems the OS detection script I have is not working.

Can you please run a simple test to see the output:

my_mod/init.lua

Code: Select all

print("HOME is: "..os.getenv('HOME'))
print("home is: "..os.getenv('home'))

BZab

by BZab » Post

Failed to load and run...

luciferleftwing

by luciferleftwing » Post

same problem on the last opesuse, the os detection apparently works but the popen results unsupported
also the command for linux and mac seems wrong at least on linux it will give file not found, tried it in bash

i've tried also to rebuid minetest from the sources because the standalone lua interpreter supports io.popen so i thinked it could be a problem of the package but it does not change from wat i see it seems to be an engine rather that a mod problem

these are my 2 cents as a noob

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

If you are running in linux, and the OS detection works, it should never call io.popen(). Instead it should call os.execute('\ls -a ...... ").

Can you paste the exact command you ran from bash which gave file not found?
Last edited by cornernote on Tue Oct 09, 2012 03:18, edited 1 time in total.

luciferleftwing

here is the code that i have

Code: Select all

-- get_files
deploy_building.get_files = function(size)
    local directory = minetest.get_modpath("deploy_building").."/buildings/"..size
    local command = 'dir "'..directory..'\\*.we" /b' -- windows
    if os.getenv('home')~=nil then 
        command = 'ls -a "'..directory..'/*.we"' -- linux/mac
    end
    local i, t, popen = 0, {}, io.popen
    for filename in popen(command):lines() do
        i = i + 1
        t[i] = filename
    end
    return t
end

adding a print instruction for the command i get

ls -a "/home/baltar/MINE/celeron55-minetest-9696ed3/bin/../games/minetest_game/mods/deploy_nodes/deploy_building/buildings/small/*.we"

that returns

ls: impossibile accedere a /home/baltar/MINE/celeron55-minetest-9696ed3/bin/../games/minetest_game/mods/deploy_nodes/deploy_building/buildings/small/*.we: File o directory non esistente

that means cannot access file .... file or directory does not exist

i also have redownloaded it so i think it should be the last version

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

ok, i am getting mods confused, sec.. i'll fix this now..
Last edited by cornernote on Tue Oct 09, 2012 04:11, edited 1 time in total.

luciferleftwing

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

fixed, please try again now

luciferleftwing

it works :D, on a side note Lua on linux does support popen i can't see why in minetest it does not :P

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Just for the record: The os detection didn't work for me. Lua complained about popen missing. When I had a look at the code it was obvious that the popen part was not relevant for my Debian system. Changing the if-condition to always true (or false - don't remember) and thus disabling os detection solved the issue for me.
A list of my mods can be found here.

BZab

by BZab » Post

Now it works, but i can't choose building...

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Post

I had an idea that I thought I'd run by you. What if when you placed a cylinder node, sphere node, etc, that they did nothing, until you placed a block on top of the special node. So if you placed a sand node on top of the pyramid node, it would build a sand pyramid. That way you would only need 1 special node for each shape, and the users could build out of whatever node they wanted, from any mod.

For cylinders, if a cactus node was placed on the right of the cylinder node, a cactus cylinder would be generated to the right. If the brick was placed on top of the cylinder node, a brick cylinder would grow upward. Thus a cylinder could grow in 5 directions.

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

BZab wrote:Now it works, but i can't choose building...
You're not supposed to be able to. Try towntest or worldedit if you want to choose the building.

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

Neuromancer wrote:I had an idea that I thought I'd run by you. What if when you placed a cylinder node, sphere node, etc, that they did nothing, until you placed a block on top of the special node. So if you placed a sand node on top of the pyramid node, it would build a sand pyramid. That way you would only need 1 special node for each shape, and the users could build out of whatever node they wanted, from any mod.

For cylinders, if a cactus node was placed on the right of the cylinder node, a cactus cylinder would be generated to the right. If the brick was placed on top of the cylinder node, a brick cylinder would grow upward. Thus a cylinder could grow in 5 directions.
I think thats a cool idea! Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time upcoming. Feel free to fork my code and have a crack at putting this in.

alakemega

by alakemega » Post

says failed to load and run E:mine.test 1\bin\..\mods\minetest\cornernote-minetest-deploy_nodes-47c2e9b\ir

alakemega

by alakemega » Post

please help

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

please paste the last ~20 lines of your debug.txt

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

alakemega wrote:says failed to load and run E:mine.test 1\bin\..\mods\minetest\cornernote-minetest-deploy_nodes-47c2e9b\ir
Try without the /ir ?

alakemega

by alakemega » Post

i didnt put the ir it just came up need to know what to rename mod i am very easily confused and am not good with computers

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

I tried it out and got it working.

0. You need (one of) the latest minetest builds (0.4.3, celeron55-minetest-25cf375 for example)

1.a Did you put the mod in the right place? I use Lubuntu (Linux) and have minetest installed local. My folder structure looks like this:

/home/TOPYWO/celeron55-minetest-8c3ffa3-test 1/mods/minetest/cornernote-minetest-deploy_nodes-47c2e9b

1.b. Linux system wide and Windows: http://c55.me/minetest/wiki/doku.php?id=installing_mods

2. You do not need to rename cornernote-minetest-deploy_nodes-47c2e9b, because it's a modpack (with a modpack.txt in it).

3. You need PilzAdam's throwing mod in mods/minetest, because deploy nodes depends on it. Rename the folder/directory to throwing. Example: /home/TOPYWO/celeron55-minetest-8c3ffa3-test 1/mods/minetest/throwing

Download the the one under Download http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2805

4. You also need PilzAdam's farming mod in mods/minetest, because throwing depends on it.. Rename it to farming. Example: /home/TOPYWO/celeron55-minetest-8c3ffa3-test 1/mods/minetest/farming

Download the the one under Download http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2787

I hope it works.