Idea For Mese

Josh

Idea For Mese

by Josh » Post

I think mese should be smelted down like iron & when you mine mese you should get a mese lump. We can still have the mese block with the word mese on it i just think it would be a bit better if mese was smelted down into mese ingots. Who thinks it's a good idea?

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I'm for the idea, but will c55 go for it? After all, there are a fair number of mods that expect a straight mese block, and none that I know of that would use an ingot or lump.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Josh

by Josh » Post

I think dungeon masters tend to hang around mese. but there fireballs could be made of mese. then that would mean that if we got mese ingots & we had the throwing mod we could make flaming mese arrows. Because dungeons masters could use mese to chrage up there fireballs.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

vanessa, i think we can leave the block, but add lump and perhaps ingot. and then everything is fine.

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

I think we should keep Mese as it is. Mese isn't a normal ore. Mese (as I've heard) was a placeholder back when ores were first being added to the generator, and it never got removed. It's a byproduct of testing a new feature and is distinctively minetest; similar to the Creeper (originaly a failed attempt at a pig) and Minecraft.
Last edited by Menche on Thu Jul 26, 2012 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

How about, all ores are in 3 forms; grains (only a few bits of the ore, can be crafted 3x3 to get a nugget of the ore), nuggets (a little more than grains, can be crafted 3x3 to get a chunk) and a chunk (or, ''lump'') which is what we have as of now. Maybe, even mese grains, mese nuggets, mese lumps, and the ''legendary'' mese block, which is very rare as an ore, and can be crafted from mese lumps. Maybe, even leaves have a chance to drop some sticks when mine or when the leaves decay (like how saplings are dropped, but more sticks are dropped than saplings). Eh?
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Menche wrote:I think we should keep Mese as it is. Mese isn't a normal ore. Mese (as I've heard) was a placeholder back when ores were first being added to the generator, and it never got removed. It's a byproduct of testing a new feature and is distinctively minetest; similar to the Creeper (originaly a failed attempt at a pig) and Minecraft.
+1. Keep Mese as it is right now, it's fine. ;)

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

Calinou wrote:
Menche wrote:I think we should keep Mese as it is. Mese isn't a normal ore. Mese (as I've heard) was a placeholder back when ores were first being added to the generator, and it never got removed. It's a byproduct of testing a new feature and is distinctively minetest; similar to the Creeper (originaly a failed attempt at a pig) and Minecraft.
Unless you want to use it for mods.

sky

by sky » Post

i can make it josh just tell me if you want to help look i need only a texture then i will make mese when mined to give default mese then to be smelted in mese ingots with them you can make sword pick shovel and axe so can i help you ???

Shadowmang

by Shadowmang » Post

LolManKuba wrote:
Calinou wrote:
Unless you want to use it for mods.
But don't we have moreores for that?

Personally I think that we shouldn't pick up the entire block, just "Mese", like how diamonds work in MC, since making tools out of the straight block seems silly...

I do wish that Mesecons used a different ore though, since at the moment it serves the purpose of redstone AND diamonds, while being as rare as diamonds.

Josh

by Josh » Post

sky wrote:i can make it josh just tell me if you want to help look i need only a texture then i will make mese when mined to give default mese then to be smelted in mese ingots with them you can make sword pick shovel and axe so can i help you ???
Yes that would be good. You can help me sky :D
By the way have a look at Cisouns texture pack there is a mese texture that looks like an ore.

sky

by sky » Post

Josh wrote: Yes that would be good. You can help me sky :D
By the way have a look at Cisouns texture pack there is a mese texture that looks like an ore.
ok now doing
Last edited by sky on Sun Oct 28, 2012 05:07, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

MESE are the sigs for Military Enveloped Special Equipment

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

Dragonop wrote:MESE are the sigs for Military Enveloped Special Equipment
+1
lol

MirceaKitsune
GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

1 - Create a rationally looking texture for it in minetest_game, first and foremost. That yellow texture with "MESE" written on it makes MineTest look silly.

2 - If a mese pickaxe can be created, I also believe mese variants for all items should exist. So the next thing I wish to see are mese swords, shovels, axes, and possibly hoes for the farming mode.

3 - Don't make it yellow, and allow gold to be a separate ore type. I know mese was meant to mean gold, but I think it would be better to turn it into a special MineTest ore type, possibly colored red / purple / green or something else. It should probably stay the rarest and most powerful ore in MineTest otherwise.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

For 1, that's easy enough; in my HDX pack I have what I consider a very nice Mese image (with embossed lettering, as if it's an artifact that got buried). For 2, Mese starter kit contains those tools already. For 3, keep it yellow but don't use that tired old ore pattern that coal, iron, etc. all use - pick something with more shape to it (make it look like little nuggets maybe). As for gold, c55 said he added Mese just so the game had something for players to look forward to finding, not necessarily to replace gold. Besides, we already have gold in moreores, which to my mind is one of those "essential" mods that everyone should have.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)