???

irksomeduck

???

by irksomeduck » Post

I was wandering around my new world after dying, and like an idiot I hadn't written down the co-ordinates for my house, so I was looking for a place to start a new one. I was in a flatland area with a few trees dotted around and a spacy lagoon was nearby, so I decided to settle there, when I found this creepy little shack. Image It is made entirely of tree apart from the roof, which is made of leaves. I was shocked mainly because I have only played on this world for about 3 hours max, and have only had the time to make one proper house (And keep in mind I have always lived in the desert). After checking out the house a bit, (which I decided to leave alone) I found a fountain around the back, which seemed to match the house. Image (Note- screens were taken at the same time so I could show you guys) It is a stone fountain with one tree block in the middle, of which the water comes out.

Now for the creepy bit. When I was in the house, I heard the sound of footprints on sand, even though I was standing still on stone. Then, when I looked outside I saw the flame of a torch, just hovering around. I went outside to look, and it followed me for about 20 seconds, before exploding like TNT in my face. Luckily I did not have damage turned on, so lived to tell the tale. Then, about 10 seconds later, another of these flames rose up from the top of the house and flew round to the fountain, and placed itself on top of the fountain. (Note- this all happened in the space of 20-25 seconds) The water then turned into gravel, which nearly killed my poor processor.

I have heard about similar things happening to people after installing PilzAdam's Simple Mobs Mod, but on a much smaller scale. I do not have this mod installed. Any ideas?
I love exploring minetest worlds :D
If you have a good seed let me know
--------------------------------------------------
My world/house pack- http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3066

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

irksomeduck wrote:[...]
That is so creepy.

EDIT by Moderator: DON'T quote a long post
Last edited by sfan5 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
UBUNTU BRO!

yohoho

by yohoho » Post

Too dark, can't see anything.

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

That is the creepiest story I have ever heard on minetest...... Could I have the seed and coordinates for this place?

I'd like to check it out for myself :)
Last edited by davidpace on Sun Dec 02, 2012 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

A more descriptive thread title wouldn't hurt :-p

Josh

by Josh » Post

Creepy.......you should have captured it on video :)
Irksomeduck, what i would do is investigate further into the matter, find clues and jot down notes. And finally capture the
suspect :)

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

It's too dark. I cannot see anything. And please use F12 to take your screenshots.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Zigz1

by Zigz1 » Post

Another fake "herobrine" fact.
Misled by shadows..

irksomeduck

by irksomeduck » Post

davidpace wrote:That is the creepiest story I have ever heard on minetest...... Could I have the seed and coordinates for this place?

I would like to give it to you, but I used an installer for minetest that someone made and it has changed the formatting of the files so I can't find debug.txt or the world folder, but if someone could help that would be nice.

irksomeduck

by irksomeduck » Post

irksomeduck wrote:
davidpace wrote:That is the creepiest story I have ever heard on minetest...... Could I have the seed and coordinates for this place?

I would like to give it to you, but I used an installer for minetest that someone made and it has changed the formatting of the files so I can't find debug.txt or the world folder, but if someone could help that would be nice.
Sorry, lol. I just remembered you can find the seed in-game. Here they are-

Seed- 642653385229085971

Co-ordinates- -690.1, 10.5, 324.7

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Sweet! Thanks, ill check it out for myself!

[EDIT] I did not find such a thing as you described, all I found was winter wonderland
irksomeduck wrote:
irksomeduck wrote:

Sorry, lol. I just remembered you can find the seed in-game. Here they are-

Seed- 642653385229085971

Co-ordinates- -690.1, 10.5, 324.7
Last edited by davidpace on Mon Dec 03, 2012 16:44, edited 1 time in total.
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

Gage

by Gage » Post

this happend to me also exsept the lights i keep finding buildings and "man" made stuff on my maps i even fell in a trap once

Gage

by Gage » Post

can any one explain this??? oh and my freind made me make a site about it check it!! www.herobrineinminetest.webs.com/

Gage

by Gage » Post

umm i was exploring your seed pilz and i went to the near edge of the map and found a shack made of tree and leaves no funtain and wene i went in side i fell into a lava trap but in stead of dying i was glitched and kept hering footsteps so i got scared and deleted the world