GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

[Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.4.0]

by VanessaE » Post

VanessaE's Creative Server

daconcepts.com, port 30000

IRC: Libera netrwork, channel #ve-minetest-servers

Admins: VanessaE, ShadowNinja, kaeza, cheapie, bulldog1 (and others as needed)

Please try my Creative Building server also, for lower-end machines: daconcepts.com 30008

Game Info:

This server runs in Creative mode with minetest_game and my Dreambuilder modpack: everything you probably will ever want to build with, plenty of tools to get the job done, and no limits on the materials you can use!

To get an idea of most of the server's content, you may wish to take a look at my Dreambuilder forum topic.

Server Status:

For detailed statistics regarding the performance of the server hardware, see http://daconcepts.com/vanessa/hobbies/m ... stats.html

This server shuts down briefly for backups at 5:00 am US Eastern time (11:00 am CET).

Software Version

This server runs Minetest from the official Github repository, and requires version 5.4.0 or newer.

To connect and play, you will need a reasonably good PC. A dual core 2 GHz CPU (or faster) with 2 GB of RAM and any GPU less than 10 years old should do. Mobile devices are not recommended.

This server has an extra mod which disallows entirely-numeric, "Guest123456", gibberish, and other crap usernames. Please choose a proper username when you sign on.

Default Privileges

fast, fly, shout, home, tpr, tphr, zoom

This server runs in creative mode. Damage, PvP, fire, TNT and bones are disabled. Griefing absolutely will not be tolerated, and will result in rollback and ban if confirmed. This server runs the newplayer-rules mod, so to get interact, read the rules and plug the keyword contained therein into the space provided for it in the form.

Please do not ask to be a moderator or admin, or for additional privileges. Such requests will be denied. We are not looking for more staff at this time.

Skins

This server runs cheapie's player_textures mod, so if you have a specific Minetest or Minecraft skin, point me to it via this forum topic or catch me on IRC, and I will install it. Such changes will affect both this server and my Survival server. If it's a Minecraft 1.8 skin (e.g. 64x64 pixels), it will be cropped to 1.0 format, so please choose skins that won't lose too much detail.

Building on the server

You can build anything you want, anywhere you want, with the following guidelines: Near the spawn, please stick to serious, high-class structures only please. Pixel art and generally-artsy stuff should be kept away from the spawn.

If someone else has built in an area you wanted to use, do not build into or immediately above those structures, period! Even if the building looks vacant, don't touch it - there are no "abandoned" buildings here. Griefing any part of any structure is strictly forbidden.

Please keep your structures near a main road, but do not build right on the end of the road (e.g. if extending the road would go through your structure); if this isn't practical, or there is no road yet, please build one, or build a spur off an existing road somewhere and then build alongside that. Try to keep your roads straight and try make them run out past your structure so others can build further. Sky structures are welcome, but please build them up high enough so as not to obscure or cast shadows on anything below.

And please - REPLANT YOUR TREES! (Preferably with the same type as that which you cut down).

Land ownership:

See the forum topic for ShadowNinja's Advanced Area Protection Mod for instructions. The short version: to mark the area you want to claim, dig a few meters down in one corner of the area, and do /area_pos1. Then go to the opposite corner, fly up above the area, and do /area_pos2. Then do /protect <some description here> to actually claim the area.

If the area is too big, request areas_high_limit privilege from one of the admins, or just have them protect the area for you.

Also, there are protection blocks you can craft and place, which protect a fixed radius around the block. Placing the block automatically protects the area, and digging it removes the protection. Shift-digging will delete the protection block (i.e. you don't get it back), but will leave the area protected.

Language

This server is primarily English-speaking.

Of course there are limited exceptions, for players who just can't speak English at all.

Freedom of speech is paramount here, but I do have some rules about it: 1. Don't harass anyone. 2. Hate speech, harrassment, etc. are absolutely not tolerated. 3. Leave your religion in your house of worship - this applies equally to in-game names as to your speech. 4. This server is not the ghetto, so take the rap-video trash-talk somewhere else.

Undesirable Actions

This server runs ShadowNinja's "areas" mod, xban, and future_ban. Griefing absolutely will NOT be tolerated and will result in loss of build privileges and a ban if confirmed.

Interactive Map of the Server (click image to open viewer):

This overview is located at: http://daconcepts.com/vanessa/hobbies/m ... d/map.html

Generated using est31's Leaf map generator and Rogier-5's fork of minetest's mapper.

Screenshot

Northeast of the spawn, as of 2014-01-20
Last edited by VanessaE on Sat Feb 01, 2014 07:12, edited 1 time in total.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Awesome! Right now I can't get on because I'm on a very old computer, I'll get on later though :).
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

Aqua

by Aqua » Post

Can I have interact please?
Hi there ^.~

Razor

by Razor » Post

Can I have Interact please Vanessa?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Interact granted to Aqua and Razor.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Ade96

by Ade96 » Post

May I have interact privilege on the server?
If you're interested, here are some screenshots of my Redcrab's server's medieval town: http://ade96.imgur.com/ (Updated 8th of December)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Interact granted to Ade96.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Can i have interact?
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Ade96

by Ade96 » Post

Here's the skin I'd like to have for me: http://i.imgur.com/yP3ZP.png
If you're interested, here are some screenshots of my Redcrab's server's medieval town: http://ade96.imgur.com/ (Updated 8th of December)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Skin installed for Ade96

Interact granted to rubenwardy

playzooki

by playzooki » Post

Please can I have interact privs?
bad signature is bad

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Hi, Could I have interact privs? In-Game-Name is: david

Thanks

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Interact granted for playzooki and david[pace]

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

playzooki

by playzooki » Post

VanessaE wrote:Interact granted for playzooki and david[pace]
Thank you!
bad signature is bad

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Skin installed (and then immediately updated.. ;-) ) for david[pace].

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

VanessaE wrote:Skin installed (and then immediately updated.. ;-) ) for david[pace].
Why thank you! :)

LionLAD

by LionLAD » Post

http://www.mediafire.com/?d47kp310de9mpdf <----- Skin request please user:captainLAD
In game names:LAD,captainLAD,LionLAD
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Skin installed for captainLAD.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

can toy put this as my skin
http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/621618/steve/
my ingame name in jojoa1997
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

LionLAD

by LionLAD » Post

thank you
In game names:LAD,captainLAD,LionLAD
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Skin installed for jojoa1997.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

thank you
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

can you put modpack on here
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

What modpack?