Redcrab's server

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

irksomeduck, I am very upset when someone griefs my work. It took me time to make that road. Leroy has already griefed me.
And now you do it. I think redcrab should keep you 2 banned. Go play on a PvP server if you wanna do that kinda stuff.
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

davidpace wrote:irksomeduck, I am very upset when someone griefs my work. It took me time to make that road. Leroy has already griefed me.
And now you do it. I think redcrab should keep you 2 banned. Go play on a PvP server if you wanna do that kinda stuff.
I hardly did anything, a few panes of glass from a building which looked like there was no inhabitants or owners to it. But still, I know it's wrong, and I want to apologise to you as well, for any inconvenience raised within this matter.
Youtube Channel; Minetest Gaming Videos

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Does not matter how much of a problem it was. You broke the rules.

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

irksomeduck

by irksomeduck » Post

davidpace wrote:irksomeduck, I am very upset when someone griefs my work. It took me time to make that road. Leroy has already griefed me.
I am incredibly sorry to have disturbed your work. I understand that it is annoying to have someone ruin your work, but I am as irritated and upset as you are over unfair server admin.

My outline argument is that-

-No rules are actually stated on the front page
-No where on the front page (Where rules should be clearly stated) does it say anything about this server not being PVP
-Nowhere visible does the thread say "No Greifing"
-The "rule" that was brought up to ban me was not posted anywhere easy to see/find, and seems to be the only rule stated anywhere on the thread
-Although cactuz_pl said stealing=bad damaging= bad, it is not stated anywhere that this is not allowed.
-Even if you do make a set of rules now, I consider me and anyone else banned from the server exempt from these rules because they were made after the person was banned.
I love exploring minetest worlds :D
If you have a good seed let me know
--------------------------------------------------
My world/house pack- http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3066

irksomeduck

by irksomeduck » Post

davidpace wrote:Does not matter how much of a problem it was. You broke the rules.

I do believe, with you, that it doesn't matter how much of a problem it is, but no-where on the front page or anywhere easily find-able does it say are there any rules at all!

I do not see this as a loophole, but as a truth. If you want people to know the rules (if there is any) , put them on the front page. If this bothers you constantly, ask the server/thread admin to put up an official set of rules on the front page of the thread, so it will not happen again, and if it does, you can have them officially banned and tell them why, straight off the mark.

I will not let this go, but have a good evening anyways :)

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Unfair huh? You should be smart enough to notice that "anti-grief" section in the first post, that kinda indicates that you should not grief. And throughout the latest pages, including the one you requested privs. cactuz has been revoking peoples privs for griefing, people have been complaining about griefing. You really should be smart enough to notice this. I apologize if I come out as being rude. But you did break the rules, and on almost every page from 8 pages back people have been getting there interact privilages revoked, and people have been complaining about griefing... Your dumb mistake.

irksomeduck

by irksomeduck » Post

davidpace wrote:Unfair huh? You should be smart enough to notice that "anti-grief" section in the first post, that kinda indicates that you should not grief. And throughout the latest pages, including the one you requested privs. cactuz has been revoking peoples privs for griefing, people have been complaining about griefing. You really should be smart enough to notice this. I apologize if I come out as being rude. But you did break the rules, and on almost every page from 8 pages back people have been getting there interact privilages revoked, and people have been complaining about griefing... Your dumb mistake.
I used to think you were one of "The good guys" of the forum. It's not like you've never done anything wrong, not meaning to actually annoy anyone, and took the bullet and got annoyed about it. Have you no forgiveness? It's a game, and I have offered to do anything you want to make it up to you. I took the blame for what I did, apologised and bit the bullet. There is nothing I can do for you, now that my privs have been revoked, and you haven't helped a bit.

Oh, and by the way, there were no fair rules by my account.

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Hi, I would like to report Randy for stealing and killing people, I am very sorry for covering this whole page up with pictures.
Here are screenshots for evidence:
Here is randy running away from the scene of the crime:
I meant to say saw:
here's Randy dropping some of the stuff he took:
Him telling me to not follow him, lol:
Him "threatning" me lol:
This is proof he stole from rev.:
And here is proof of him killing me:
He killed me completely here:
Realize how there is no /spawn command by me:
More proof:
I think that is all I need to post as evidence. I have about 20 extra pics I wanted to post. But I think this is enough, he also killed me again after everyone thought it was over. I will not forget to mention he did give "most" of revs stuff back, not all of it. Once again, I AM SO SORRY for covering this whole page up!

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

cactuz_pl wrote:
irksomeduck wrote:I agree to this. All rules should be stated in large writing on the front page, and all rule updates should be listed immediatly. It seems that this server has banned 2 people in one day, both of which are misunderstandings and neither have said a word about "We didn't do it!". Please take this into consideration, both ObiWan and I are new members that did not hear about the instant ban rule and, as a result, both got banned. On the first day.
You did greif. I used rollback command, and there is no "We didn't".

Redcrab please resolve the dispute.
alright heres what i think, your new members so what, you should know not to grief and steal especially roadways and creations those are obvious "DO NOT GRIEF" items. also being new members and users of the forum you should know to make sure your caught up on all recent rules and mods that are add. you both are at fault and you know it, you know what you did was wrong and you shouldnt have done it. you knew when you were griefing that is was wrong. your ban will remain intact unless otherwise said by redcrab himself. but i do agree that from now on all new rules should be added to the first page of the forum. that is all
"Get busy Living or Get busy Dying" ~Alexander Supertramp

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

What have I done wrong on the forums or the game?
irksomeduck wrote:
davidpace wrote:Unfair huh? You should be smart enough to notice that "anti-grief" section in the first post, that kinda indicates that you should not grief. And throughout the latest pages, including the one you requested privs. cactuz has been revoking peoples privs for griefing, people have been complaining about griefing. You really should be smart enough to notice this. I apologize if I come out as being rude. But you did break the rules, and on almost every page from 8 pages back people have been getting there interact privilages revoked, and people have been complaining about griefing... Your dumb mistake.
I used to think you were one of "The good guys" of the forum. It's not like you've never done anything wrong, not meaning to actually annoy anyone, and took the bullet and got annoyed about it. Have you no forgiveness? It's a game, and I have offered to do anything you want to make it up to you. I took the blame for what I did, apologised and bit the bullet. There is nothing I can do for you, now that my privs have been revoked, and you haven't helped a bit.

Oh, and by the way, there were no fair rules by my account.

Liandri

by Liandri » Post

irksomeduck and Obiewan1111, let's assume the following:

You both invite me to your real life home, and once inside, I steal , for example, your stereo. According to your previous statements, you both can't complaint about that, because I haven't seen any sign, letter, mark or text telling that it's not allowed to steal anything inside your home.

Q: Why don't you have a sign hanging in a wall telling the rules?

A: Because it's a matter of COMMON SENSE not to steal or destroy others belongings. Period.

Who can be so crazy to let me in after that?. I think no one.

Obviously this is a game, IRL the stolen stereo is a loss of money (and probably, a friend), but in this case, it's a waste of time.

This could sound somewhat extreme but, personally, I would like to see people like you permabanned from the game, your forum account deleted, with all your mods (if any) deleted as well, this way, people will think twice to grief someone work.

Oh, and calling the admin "unfair" as an excuse is... pretty lame.

Just my two cents.

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Well puy Liandri, well put.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Irksomeduck wrote: -No rules are actually stated on the front page
-No where on the front page (Where rules should be clearly stated) does it say anything about this server not being PVP
-Nowhere visible does the thread say "No Greifing"
Some rules are implicit.
Irksomeduck wrote: -The "rule" that was brought up to ban me was not posted anywhere easy to see/find, and seems to be the only rule stated anywhere on the thread
True. Depending on the extend of the griefing (just a few blocks or heavy griefing?), maybe a timeout without interact might be enough (but that is up to Redcrab - it's his server). After all, you did apologize.

Another point: Some time ago, lots of glowglasses from streetlamps where stolen, and stonesquares where missing here and there from roads. I wonder why that is so. Maybe the griefers where really poor and didn't know how easy stonesquare (4x cobble) and glowglass (torch above glass) can be crafted? Or they where too new to the game and inexperienced and had no idea that they just had to go out a couple of meters to areas where they could find lots of sand and so much stone most people discretely dispose of it with /pulverize most of the time? If so, how can we help them?
A list of my mods can be found here.

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

Liandri wrote:irksomeduck and Obiewan1111, let's assume the following:

You both invite me to your real life home, and once inside, I steal , for example, your stereo. According to your previous statements, you both can't complaint about that, because I haven't seen any sign, letter, mark or text telling that it's not allowed to steal anything inside your home.

Q: Why don't you have a sign hanging in a wall telling the rules?

A: Because it's a matter of COMMON SENSE not to steal or destroy others belongings. Period.

Who can be so crazy to let me in after that?. I think no one.

Obviously this is a game, IRL the stolen stereo is a loss of money (and probably, a friend), but in this case, it's a waste of time.

This could sound somewhat extreme but, personally, I would like to see people like you permabanned from the game, your forum account deleted, with all your mods (if any) deleted as well, this way, people will think twice to grief someone work.

Oh, and calling the admin "unfair" as an excuse is... pretty lame.

Just my two cents.
like david said, well put. btw he was wrong in saying the admin when he meant moderator, cactuzpl is moderator not admin

aldobr

by aldobr » Post

The law is natural.

Before it becomes a law, in written, positive form, it already exists in peoples behaviour and mind, as natural law.

You cannot argue that you did'nt know the law, because it only takes two and a half neurons to detect the obvious : destroying something you did not build, without express consent from the person who built it, is not acceptable, because YOU yourself would not accept this if it was done against you.

On the other side, i believe the penality is too harsh. There should be a time limit for the ban.

Actually i believe the time should be quite big (like a 3 months or so), because they are using arguments like "it was not a huge grief" etc

If you trully understand the meaning of what you did, you wouldnt even say "it was not huge" etc because the only person who can measure if the grief was big or small is the person who suffered the grief, not the perpetrator.

When you try to excuse yourself behind "it was not huge" you are, again, against the law, because you are entitling yourself to decide what is important and what is not important, as if you were above the interests of the community.

As a perfectly natural law, the law is a positive representation of what is already the behaviour of the community. When you break such law you put your interest above that of the others.

When you entitle yourself to decide if your grief was small or big, you again put yourself above others (the collectivity represented by the law), making me think that you dont trully regret what you did, only putting a facade of regret in order to gain mercy.

Can you understand that idea ?
Last edited by aldobr on Sun Dec 16, 2012 01:56, edited 1 time in total.

slendergirl66

by slendergirl66 » Post

Can you make this a possible skin? Image

I really want it, since i'm slendergirl
I'm one of the 2 current owners of Slender Fire Village in Redcrab's 4.4 server

slendergirl66

by slendergirl66 » Post

I'm one of the 2 current owners of Slender Fire Village in Redcrab's 4.4 server

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Again, well put, very well put.
aldobr wrote:The law is natural.

Before it becomes a law, in written, positive form, it already exists in peoples behaviour and mind, as natural law.

You cannot argue that you did'nt know the law, because it only takes two and a half neurons to detect the obvious : destroying something you did not build, without express consent from the person who built it, is not acceptable, because YOU yourself would not accept this if it was done against you.

On the other side, i believe the penality is too harsh. There should be a time limit for the ban.

Actually i believe the time should be quite big (like a 3 months or so), because they are using arguments like "it was not a huge grief" etc

If you trully understand the meaning of what you did, you wouldnt even say "it was not huge" etc because the only person who can measure if the grief was big or small is the person who suffered the grief, not the perpetrator.

When you try to excuse yourself behind "it was not huge" you are, again, against the law, because you are entitling yourself to decide what is important and what is not important, as if you were above the interests of the community.

As a perfectly natural law, the law is a positive representation of what is already the behaviour of the community. When you break such law you put your interest above that of the others.

When you entitle yourself to decide if your grief was small or big, you again put yourself above others (the collectivity represented by the law), making me think that you dont trully regret what you did, only putting a facade of regret in order to gain mercy.

Can you understand that idea ?

HeresTommy

by HeresTommy » Post

davidpace wrote:Hi, I would like to report Randy for stealing and killing people, I am very sorry for covering this whole page up with pictures.
Here are screenshots for evidence:
Here is randy running away from the scene of the crime:
I meant to say saw:
here's Randy dropping some of the stuff he took:
Him telling me to not follow him, lol:
Him "threatning" me lol:
This is proof he stole from rev.:
And here is proof of him killing me:
He killed me completely here:
More proof:
I think that is all I need to post as evidence. I have about 20 extra pics I wanted to post. But I think this is enough, he also killed me again after everyone thought it was over. I will not forget to mention he did give "most" of revs stuff back, not all of it. Once again, I AM SO SORRY for covering this whole page up!
You couldve said /spawn waited for it to disappear and then take the screen shots
()-()=|---|> BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Ugh Tommy, realize before I got killed, look at the chat. The last thing I had said before he killed me was nope, look at the picture where I appear at spawn. the nope I said is still there. It also says YOU DIED! There is no doubt that I was killed, sometimes you need to look a bit close at the pics.

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Hey guys, it's nice to put screenshots here, but please: If you quote a post with many screenshots, please replace them with (...) => Better for my loading time, i have slow connection ;)

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Yes. sorry webdesigner97.

Cumehtar

by Cumehtar » Post

Concerning the Randy situation, I have seen him killing David and admitting to stealing from Reverend and killing him.

About the situation with permanent bans, I would agree with Aldo. I'm not a complete supporter of the idea of a natural law, but in the case of community (server), banishing (ban) is a just punishment for breaking the rules of the said community. Even in the case these rules are implicit.

The rules should be mentioned on the first page, however, in my opinion )

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

HeresTommy wrote:
davidpace wrote: He killed me completely here:
read the ingame chat on these pictures from before and after he died, 1 its says he died, 2 the chat continues from the 1st picture to the 3rd. dont doubt people if you havent fully looked at the evidence in detail.

AndTheKnifeSays

by AndTheKnifeSays » Post

Cumehtar wrote:
AndTheKnifeSays wrote:I'd like to request this skin.

http://i.imgur.com/ypM0L.png

My in-game name is AndTheKnifeSays
Knife, the link doesn't work now, can you re-upload the skin somewhere else?
http://oi48.tinypic.com/2daysg7.jpg

Here you go.