Redcrab's server

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

davidpace wrote:Hi, I would like to report Randy for stealing and killing people, I am very sorry for covering this whole page up with pictures.
(...)
I think that is all I need to post as evidence. I have about 20 extra pics I wanted to post. But I think this is enough, he also killed me again after everyone thought it was over. I will not forget to mention he did give "most" of revs stuff back, not all of it. Once again, I AM SO SORRY for covering this whole page up!
He stolen items. It was second time when he caused problems.

Randy's 'interact' has been revoked. (I will ban him if he will online. I can't ban offline players.)

All Randy's activities have been withdrawn. Reverand received your items back.
Nope

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

About irksomeduck and Obiewan1111:

I agree, rules should be posted in the first post.

But tell me how we should treat players who destroy other people's work?
With respect? That they have not proved to us, destroying the fruits of our labor?

Q: Why permanent ban? Why not temporary ban?
A: Because If someone greif once, he will greif again. Especially if they do it on the first day. How we can trust them?

Example: Randy, a few posts ago. That was second time when he greif. I gave him a second chance, you can see what he did with it.
Some players do not know how to properly maintain, and we do not want such.

Imagine this world without no node-protection and and banning players for 3 days.
All buildings would be greifed, greifers would felt that with impunity.
If you cant, imagine real word without police and prisons, all thieves and murderers walk the streets with impunity, do you want to live in such a world? I do not and I think that no one would want to. That's why we need strict laws.
Honest players should feel safe, greifers shouldn't.

Small/big greif, where is the boundary?
I my opinion greif is greif. (Except situation where some one broke 2-3 blocks, this could be greif by mistake).
Nope

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

cactuz_pl wrote:About irksomeduck and Obiewan1111:

With respect? That they have not proved to us, destroying the fruits of our labor?

A: Because If someone greif once, he will greif again. Especially if they do it on the first day. How we can trust them?

Example: Randy, a few posts ago. That was second time when he greif. I gave him a second chance, you can see what he did with it.

Imagine this world without no node-protection and and banning players for 3 days.
If you cant, imagine real word without police and prisons, all thieves and murderers walk the streets with impunity, do you want to live in such a world? I do not and I think that no one would want to. That's why we need strict laws.

I my opinion greif is greif. (Except situation where some one broke 2-3 blocks, this could be greif by mistake).
I understand how you feel about this. And I am truly sorry for my actions, and if possible, I would replace everything I greifed. I now understand similarities to these actions, such as a real-life scenarios to my actions and I really see why it was wrong. Hopefully, you do not see me as a permanent greifer, as these greifs were not meant to annoy/hurt, if you get to know me, you shall see that I am a honest, kind and caring person inside. If you really are a good person, can you give me a second chance? And this time.. I won't touch anyone's build without their permission to do so, as it says in the rules.

Thank you,

Obiewan1111
Youtube Channel; Minetest Gaming Videos

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Maybe we need seperate threads for different discussions. Maybe what is best is to start an NEW thread and close this one come year's end.

I would suggest a thread for griefing/player complaints, another for protection requests.
One more for announcements which only admins can post.
Maybe in the first forum for screen shots and general discussion concerning Redcrab servers.

That way things can be spelled out clearly and spare us having to sift through hundreds of posts for those relevant to our needs.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

One question does protection prevent griefing/vandalism or simply log it?

I think this dicussion deserves it's own thread.

As far as I feel ... gruadated privs, graduated punishment. Do well, gain privs. Act like a jerk, lose privs. If privs is just interact/build there is nothing to gain, all to lose. However, if doing good gains let's say 'fly' privledge. Those grounded would act accordingly so they can gain the same priv. If bad actions means losing 'fly' priv, they would do anything to keep it.

However, how do you prove the burden of guilt? Maybe couple of players have an axe to grind or just fill spiteful or 'because they can' they 'frame' an user. I certainly saw that on Gameboom and was targetted by users after I kicked them out for griefing a town project because the admin would do squat.

there has to be a mechanism for complaints but also for the accuse to defend themselves.

Josh

by Josh » Post

Cactuz_Pl, If you can add ceratin skins for players, can you make this my skin?
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/102401091/SamFisher.png

aldobr

by aldobr » Post

@redcrab: can you add my mint & automatic selling machine mod to this server ?

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

cactuz i have something to discuss with your in private, i will email you so we can discuss it. it has to do with the greifing situation going on
"Get busy Living or Get busy Dying" ~Alexander Supertramp

Josh

by Josh » Post

I saw some pics of Randy greifing and stuff, i don't like greifer's either. There actually should be strict laws (as you mentioned Cactuz_Pl) If not we should create a server for greifers where they can just greif other greifers

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

how do you create the kind of map on the first page cuz i wanna make one for the area around my city

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

Tommorow I get my privs back.
UBUNTU BRO!

HeresTommy

by HeresTommy » Post

Neuro wrote:
HeresTommy wrote:
davidpace wrote: He killed me completely here:
Realize how there is no /spawn command by me:
read the ingame chat on these pictures from before and after he died, 1 its says he died, 2 the chat continues from the 1st picture to the 3rd. dont doubt people if you havent fully looked at the evidence in detail.
Cant read it its so small
()-()=|---|> BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Look closer buddy :)
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

Cumehtar

by Cumehtar » Post

Josh wrote:Cactuz_Pl, If you can add ceratin skins for players, can you make this my skin?
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/102401091/SamFisher.png
What is your nick in game, Josh?

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

HeresTommy wrote:
Neuro wrote: read the ingame chat on these pictures from before and after he died, 1 its says he died, 2 the chat continues from the 1st picture to the 3rd. dont doubt people if you havent fully looked at the evidence in detail.
Cant read it its so small
use your browser's zoom feature ever browser has one, its required

martinmb126

by martinmb126 » Post

Dear CactuzPL or redcrab....
Could i get some privs where i can remove locked chests for a short time ???
There are locked Chests of old people in my hotel and i have to remove them because i change the rooms completely.
Is it possible that i can get that privs OR can you come to my hotel and remove them ???

I would be very happy when they will be gone so i can continue changing the Hotel :-)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Michael Eh? wrote:

One question does protection prevent griefing/vandalism or simply log it?

I think this dicussion deserves it's own thread.

As far as I feel ... gruadated privs, graduated punishment. Do well, gain privs. Act like a jerk, lose privs. If privs is just interact/build there is nothing to gain, all to lose. However, if doing good gains let's say 'fly' privledge. Those grounded would act accordingly so they can gain the same priv. If bad actions means losing 'fly' priv, they would do anything to keep it.

However, how do you prove the burden of guilt? Maybe couple of players have an axe to grind or just fill spiteful or 'because they can' they 'frame' an user. I certainly saw that on Gameboom and was targetted by users after I kicked them out for griefing a town project because the admin would do squat.

there has to be a mechanism for complaints but also for the accuse to defend themselves.
Some newbies don't know what greifing is
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Redcrab: can you post the code you used to disable bucket use on others'-owned land? I'd like to implement this on my server also.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Cumehtar

by Cumehtar » Post

Since I do not have Redcrab's email, here are all the skins. They are renamed according to the players that wanted them.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33484464/skins.zip

Razor

by Razor » Post

Cume did you get the ninja one I was wanting? :)

Cumehtar

by Cumehtar » Post

Will everyone ask now whether his skin is included? )) I have 18 skins all together there. Your ninja is there too, Razor.

qwrwed
In-game: qwrwed or Nitro

by qwrwed » Post

I would like to request this skin: Image
Tech Armour.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

martinmb126 wrote:Dear CactuzPL or redcrab....
Could i get some privs where i can remove locked chests for a short time ???
There are locked Chests of old people in my hotel and i have to remove them because i change the rooms completely.
Is it possible that i can get that privs OR can you come to my hotel and remove them ???

I would be very happy when they will be gone so i can continue changing the Hotel :-)
I guess there is no such privilege, and even redcrab can't remove locked chest, unless using WorldEdit.
Nope

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Michael Eh? wrote:Maybe we need seperate threads for different discussions. Maybe what is best is to start an NEW thread and close this one come year's end.
(...)
That way things can be spelled out clearly and spare us having to sift through hundreds of posts for those relevant to our needs.
We know, but thanks for your interest.
cactuz_pl wrote:
AspireMint wrote:Sory, its off topic, but i must say it... other forums have nice rule, "never quote last reply". This forum is so spammed.
Or can somebody explain me why is good quote last reply?
Why? Because we have a few discussions and only one topic in this forum.

Protection requests, discussion about greifers, mod requests, recruitment requests, other requests to redcrab, posting random screen-shots etc.

We need to quote last post.

Or, forum dedicated to only this server with separated topics (protection requests, greifers reports, offtopic ...).

Or, more topics (about this server) on this forum.
Nope

Cumehtar

by Cumehtar » Post

qwrwed wrote:I would like to request this skin: Image
Tech Armour.
I've updated my archive