GameBoom's server is looking for city planners and veteran builders

ghostshell

GameBoom's server is looking for city planners and veteran builders

by ghostshell » Post

As some of you know, our MT server has suffered a lot lately and has been crashing a lot. I really think it's due to the ancient map we are using -- and I think it's time to rebuild. But rebuild right.

For this new rebuilt server, I would like to create a "Spawn City" near 0,0,0, a static no-build town that has monuments, information, supplies, commerce and common areas. All of this has to fit in a sized grid and its construction will be public but limited.

Here is where you can help. We are looking for city planners to design this new SpawnCity and volunteers to help build it following the approved plan.

Initial specs (open to discussion):
- Build grid area: 2000x2000 (complete top and bottom)
- Minimum height of 3 blocks per floor. With proper, modern lighting (leave torches for caves)
- All stairs must be real stairs, not blocks.
- Buildings must have stone and/or metal foundations, doors and signs to indicate use.
- Roads and sidewalks, using dirt, sand and/or gravel, with intersections labelled with signs.
- You have the option to flatten the entire area or use the terrain as is.
- Default spawn (0,0,0) must be an info center or tourist center, with a large banner (2x6 to 3x8) with the world name (using paint mod)
- At least 2 common areas must be available: 1 marketplace/shopping and 1 townhall or convention center
- At least 1 supply depot or area with chests to help newbies with supplies, could be combined with info center.
- At least 2 parks, and 1 with a large monument. One of the parks must have a fountain (could be combined w monument).
- At least 2 boards for 2x6-3x8 announcements (using paint mod), building side walls are ok.
- The entire city must be enclosed with fences and/or walls, with 2 or more access gates. City enclosing can be circular or square.
- No underground access yet. Any quarrying must be done outside the city, do not hollow the underground.

You must post your plans on this thread drawn in image in top-down view. You must indicate where default spawn point will be, along with the other areas. If your design is selected, we will need individual buildings in side 3d views (front/sides/back), as many as needed to create your vision.

Mods available for design/build: bobblocks, coloredwood, creative, doors+, homedecor, lights, locked_sign, moreblocks, painting, stairs+, teleporter, unifiedbricks, unifieddyes, xfences.

The winning designer will get the monument of his choice (with credited sign) built at one of the parks to be displayed for the life of the world -- nothing distasteful nor taller than 2 tree's height. The designer and all build volunteers will get paid 2000c (game currency) and their names will be displayed near the default spawn. Also, they will have first-pick to own a 200x200 area of their choice in the world -- must be outside of the city though.

If you are interested you must post your design on this thread. Feel free to comment if you have questions too. The specs are not set in stone but are very close to. For ideas, search new city planning maps in google images.

Full discussion here: http://gameboom.net/node/3095

You can also join us via IRC on irc.freenode.net channel #gameboom
link: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=gameboom
Last edited by ghostshell on Sat Sep 29, 2012 18:49, edited 1 time in total.

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

well well do I qualify to be a veteran builder? if so I'm more then happy to help heck maybe my bar wont get grieved on this fresh start!

Zen S.D.

The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

LoneWolf

by LoneWolf » Post

I would be honored to be your help in time.
(Owner Of Saren Estates) Veteran Builder Add Me On FaceBook... https://www.facebook.com/randy.hammond.336

Razor

by Razor » Post

I would like to help, Ghosty as long as you can get me my Razor acc back or load up my Slick account :)

PowerOfMese

by PowerOfMese » Post

I have been building since i was 6 so im a veteran builder!
Irritating griefers may destroy my house but dungeon masters never hurt me!

Kacey

by Kacey » Post

i would like to join
mostly veteran builder and a little bit of a planner
on a scale of 1 to 10 i am OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Octupuslegs

by Octupuslegs » Post

Il do it ghost i wish to rebuild my favorite server
Co-Founder of OC Construction with my buddy captainfap, Founder of Wetmatrix and Co-Founder of Sealife cove on Ecube's server

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

Like this?Image
Last edited by mauvebic on Wed Oct 17, 2012 23:58, edited 1 time in total.

raybreezy1

by raybreezy1 » Post

may i pleas have privileges i signed up for a gameboom acount but nothing happend i just wanna play to be honest and not to be disrespectful im new to this i just wanted to play please may i have privileges

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

mauvebic wrote:Like this?
That would be great :-)

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

What's the status of not just the minetest server but gameboom itself? First it gave a drupal message it was in maintenace mode then nothing. It be sad to see gameboom gone.

LionLAD

by LionLAD » Post

I would enjoy to get back on this server and help out to rebuild the best server!
In game names:LAD,captainLAD,LionLAD
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.

ghostshell

by ghostshell » Post

Michael Eh? wrote:What's the status of not just the minetest server but gameboom itself? First it gave a drupal message it was in maintenace mode then nothing. It be sad to see gameboom gone.
The website is still down (drupal got hacked) but the minetest server is back online and upgraded to 0.4.4