[Mod] UraniumMod [0.4] [uranium]

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

It is not true that this mod has no dependencies. As of Minetest-c55 0.4.3, this mod depends on "default" and "legacy" (both are official mods, though). Yep, legacy, too, because you are using deprecated names for a stick and a cobblestone. If you don't have legacy mod in your game installed, some recipes won't work.
You say "Stick" but you should use "default:stick" instead. You say "cobble" but you should use "default:cobble" instead. Simply replace these words in your init.lua and you get rid of the dependency of legacy. But you still depend on "default" of course.

Besides that, I like that mod. I have created a small world full of holes that go into the deeps. I simply placed nukes in the desert everywhere and placed uranium blocks for the light. (Oh, and I cheated... *oops*) If I am in a good mood, I'll upload screenshots and the world data some day, who knows?

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

thought you might want to look at this it is a display block and has uranium http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 393#p59393
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

This is awesome, but I cannot construct breeder reactors, or things of that nature. Since I am not a good programmer, I can;t implement said behavior, but I might create a google doc describing how that would occur realistically. If anyone is interested, I'l lcreate the google doc.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

rarkenin wrote:This is awesome, but I cannot construct breeder reactors, or things of that nature. Since I am not a good programmer, I can;t implement said behavior, but I might create a google doc describing how that would occur realistically. If anyone is interested, I'l lcreate the google doc.
Is this for my mod?
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:
rarkenin wrote:This is awesome, but I cannot construct breeder reactors, or things of that nature. Since I am not a good programmer, I can;t implement said behavior, but I might create a google doc describing how that would occur realistically. If anyone is interested, I'l lcreate the google doc.
Is this for my mod?

Yes, if you'd like. I have a physics background so I understand this in a complex way, involving moderation and fissile operations, but I lack the skills to fully implement said ideas.
Last edited by rarkenin on Thu Dec 27, 2012 00:17, edited 1 time in total.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

rarkenin wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:
Is this for my mod?

Yes, if you'd like. I have a physics background so I understand this in a complex way, involving moderation and fissile operations, but I lack the skills to fully implement said ideas.
I can just give you the code. Also i can give you an updated code once i fix some problems. They are not real problems just things that i want to change.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

Well, do whatever you want. I probably don't have time or skill to implement such things, I just wanted to offer a techincal insight if you wanted one. It's OK if no, and sorry for my incompetence.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

It is just copy and paste
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

rarkenin wrote:Well, do whatever you want. I probably don't have time or skill to implement such things, I just wanted to offer a techincal insight if you wanted one. It's OK if no, and sorry for my incompetence.
You are talking about the display blocks mod right?
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

No, the Uranium mod.

Edit: It appears that due to my ignorance, I've been talking to the wrong person. I... think... so...
Last edited by rarkenin on Thu Dec 27, 2012 03:27, edited 1 time in total.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

rarkenin wrote:No, the Uranium mod.

Edit: It appears that due to my ignorance, I've been talking to the wrong person. I... think... so...
LandMine made this not me.Also i thought that you made this mod. :-) LOL
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

Why is the logo and reactor flame icon a biohazard symbol? You want a radioation one, right?

This one is public domain:

recarv

by recarv » Post

Maybe add uranium tools? I do not know how to install mods. It says on the wiki bla bla and I don't get this.
If I knew how I would download this mod.
I wonder if Minetest Tekkit is coming...
When will we get it?

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Some of the recipes aren't working on worlds that do not have legacy installed. You should add legacy to the list of dependencies, or even better, change "cobble" to "default:cobble".

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Does anyone have a 0.4 version of this mod. The download link doesn't work.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:Does anyone have a 0.4 version of this mod. The download link doesn't work.
Sure, have fun with it!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65428713/uranium0.4.zip

(original 0.4 version)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Topywo wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:Does anyone have a 0.4 version of this mod. The download link doesn't work.
Sure, have fun with it!

(original 0.4 version)
thanks now I can make some changes that I did a while ago but deleted XD
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Jesseman1
In-game: Jesseman1 or Plant_Operator

Re: [Mod] UraniumMod [0.4] [uranium]

by Jesseman1 » Post

Can you please make it possible to download it as a zip file? The link you provided for the download doesnt work for me.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Jesseman1 wrote:Can you please make it possible to download it as a zip file? The link you provided for the download doesnt work for me.
Do you mean my post 2 places above yours, with the alternative/replacing download link to a zip-file in dropbox? If not, try that one, it is still working.

Jesseman1
In-game: Jesseman1 or Plant_Operator

by Jesseman1 » Post

Topywo wrote:
Jesseman1 wrote:Can you please make it possible to download it as a zip file? The link you provided for the download doesnt work for me.
Do you mean my post 2 places above yours, with the alternative/replacing download link to a zip-file in dropbox? If not, try that one, it is still working.
Oh, I thought that was for an older version of minetest, its downloading now.

Merlin
GitHub: sct-0
In-game: my

by Merlin » Post

Hi,

I like the idea of radioactive stuff in the game.
For something to add, maybe the need to cool the reactor or else a meltdown will happen? Cooling could reduce that risk to a minimum.
You could also add lead. Lead blocks most radiation, so out of lead and fabric the player could make some special armor to be able to work with uranium and without it the radiation would kill him. The armor could get damaged over time, so that the player has to rebuild it.
Also, in case of a meltdown, the radiation could be so strong, that the armor would be destroyed very fast, so players would have to build a dugout with lead for the case of a meltdown.

[Just saw that rarkenin already mentioned it.]
But one little thing: A biohazard sign doesn't quite fit to a non biological hazard.
Biological hazards, also known as biohazards, refer to biological substances that pose a threat to the health of living organisms, primarily that of humans.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_hazard

I think this would be more fitting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ionizing_radiation

GJH105775

by GJH105775 » Post

File has been removed, anyone have a copy?

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

Re:

by Xanthin » Post

Sure, the keeper of mods does :)
Topywo wrote:
Sure, have fun with it!

(original 0.4 version)

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I uploaded the mod as forum attachment.
Please note that this mod is very old and may not work very well with latest Minetest releases, but see for yourself.
Attachments
uranium0.4.zip
(31.12 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

How do I freaking download this????? It looks so COOL yet that download page does not let me download!!!!! >>>>:(((((

EDIT: OH