Redcrab's server

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

MisterBananas wrote:I wouldn't normally do this but I'm getting really sick and tired of replacing all the glowglass in MY tunnel. Here's one of the Screen Shots for a reference of where it was. This tunnel, as well as another, are regularly robbed of the glowglass. If anything can be done about whoever keeps doing this please do it.

Player legendofexodia - banned.
Reason: stealing superglowglass from MisterBananas tunnel. I counted 20 missing glasses but I saw only small part of this tunnel.
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Sun Dec 30, 2012 09:37, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Strange, my house has a lot more glowglass than his, he only had 1-3 overhead lights that i saw...

Well darn, thats one best friend gone...

HELLO_IM_DEATH

by HELLO_IM_DEATH » Post

So am i going to be able to get back on or no CactuzPL???
Veteran Builder, Modern,medieval,futuristic types Hey Guys My MineTest Name Is HELLO_IM_DEATH or Death if you see me just say hey bro i hope to see everyone cause i like friendly people. :D

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

HELLO_IM_DEATH wrote:So am i going to be able to get back on or no CactuzPL???
No, Randy, sorry.
Nope

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

I do believe you are the same person as Randy. If you're telling the truth. Your Dad lied. Look at some of his posts ;-)
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Theft of glass (especially glowglass) happens very frequently. I suspect new players have no idea where/how to get sand. Another item that is in short supply is papyrus and thus paper. The technic mod supplies a very helpful grinder that can already turn stone into sand. Technic is a very fun mod of its own with its machinery. Unfortionately it depends on a lot of other mods like mesecons. RealBadAngel might be willing to do a more simple stand-alone coal-driven grinder :-) Would that be ok?

Another point is travelling. There's no point in doing a mod for this server if it won't get installed. I guess overall time to write a simple mod (one that i.e. presents a formspec on right-click and lets the player travel to one of a list of given locations; similar to bookmarks gui but with nodes and only public targets) will take me LESS time than having to press w+e for countless minutes! Would such a mod be ok?

Please don't misunderstand this: I'm very glad that Redcrab cares so much of his server and even wrote very helpful and good extensions like the new self-grant of privs and protection! Those are very useful. And cactuz_pl does a good job as a mod. The server turned from one looking almost abandomed (except by the players) to a good managed one. More experimental/complex mods like mesecons and animals would still be great, but would require more presence of the owner due to more problems occuring. Redcrabs server is very well suited to allow people to enjoy building on a multiplayer server with many other players. Stability might thus be more important than exciting complex mods.

Still, there are some annoying things left :-) Like the sand problem. It is annoying to constantly see holes where glowstone was stolen. Or read endless pages about people who stole glass/glowstone and them getting banned (stealing is stealing; but if the person was er...hungry...it might be slightly less worse than if a good house was destroyed because someone was bored). And even if one knows where and how to get sand and papyrus it has drawbacks: getting sand devastates entire landscapes (the bare stone remaining doesn't look good!), and getting papyrus needs running around a lot and generating lag due to newly generated areas.

For the building school, it would be good if someone could grant rights to a suitable location close to spawn. And maybe webdesigner would like to help or even build it alone? We need to tell people how they can craft things :-) (Yes, craft_guide would be a very good mod as well....)

Redcrab, please tell what you think about all this. What are your concerns? What kind of mods would you accept? Do you want to write them yourshelf? That would be ok as well :-) Do you have any special requirements? (apart from stability and as few cpu usage as possible) Please just tell. I think the above mentioned things are not just "nice to have" but needed additions to remove very annoying aspects of the game that are currently a problem.
A list of my mods can be found here.

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

^+100

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Glass: Anyone can ask how to make glowglass but craft_guide is very good idea.

Travel: When I discovered Minetest, I found Gameboom server, great impression made on me teleport chamber (any one of you was there?), room about 12x8, white walls and floor, teleportation pads were placed next to the walls.
One chamber with all teleports, and teleports to chamber in destination points, made travelling fast and easy.
But this mod is buggy (I heard so)and I don't know if it will works with 0.4.4 .

Edit: I was on Gameboom, Tpads works with 0.4.4 . They have new world now and only 2 pads (from spawn to jungle and from jungle to spawn), you can try it if you want: boomtown.atomicle.com port:30000 .
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Sun Dec 30, 2012 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

That would be AMAZING to have!!!!!!!

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

There has to be something special about the glass. Else why would it get stolen that often? Mese, yes, understandable. Or gold blocks or something like that. But glass isn't rare as such. Only...close to spawn you won't find much of it. Or can't dig it up. Thus I suspect that it is because people don't find sand.

You can find teleporters on the kingarthur server. They work very well there; but so do mesecons. Teleporters have to constantly look around if there is any player willing to be teleported (i.e. standing nearby). It was mentioned in this thread that that causes too much lag? Therefore I suggested a version that is entirely passive and only does something when the player clicks on it. If there are other reasons for teleporters not beeing there (i.e. not too much easy travelling everywhere?), you, cactuz, could authorize new targets. Players ought to be able to travel to points of intrest (Desert City, Ades medieval town etc.) more easily.
A list of my mods can be found here.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Glass: There is a lot of deserts with sand. It looks like greifers are acting like magpie, they taking shining stuff.
Nope

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Yeppers

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

cactuz_pl wrote:
No, Randy, sorry.
cactuz im vouching for him, he definitely isnt randy, randy was an A-Hole death isnt he helps when he can with anything he can, randy was the opposite. plus randy and i didnt get along so if death is randy why would we be getting along easily and why would he want to help me? like i said before just unban the ip, keep randy's privs revoked and change randys password so he cant get back on. death will get his dad to play something else. and btw i could say i was a veteran builder cuz i've built many things on minecraft with my friends i had a kingdom in every type of way: on land, underwater, underground, in the sky, and in the nether
"Get busy Living or Get busy Dying" ~Alexander Supertramp

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Neuro wrote:
cactuz_pl wrote:
No, Randy, sorry.
cactuz im vouching for him, he definitely isnt randy, randy was an A-Hole death isnt he helps when he can with anything he can, randy was the opposite. plus randy and i didnt get along so if death is randy why would we be getting along easily and why would he want to help me? like i said before just unban the ip, keep randy's privs revoked and change randys password so he cant get back on. death will get his dad to play something else. and btw i could say i was a veteran builder cuz i've built many things on minecraft with my friends i had a kingdom in every type of way: on land, underwater, underground, in the sky, and in the nether
Randy also at the beginning was nice and helpful, he helps Ade96 and Cumehtar with medieval town, isn't right? I think he even has house in Nameless.
  • The same IP,
  • Account created day after ban
  • Both avatars referring to death
  • Same "Veteran Builder" in both profiles, with the same red color and upper cases in the same places.
  • And blocked facebook link
To big coincidence for me.

As Randy, trying to get our confidence, and then stick a knife in the back.

Check it out FIRST SECOND

Case closed.
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Sun Dec 30, 2012 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

cactuz_pl wrote:
Neuro wrote:
cactuz_pl wrote:
No, Randy, sorry.
Randy also at the beginning was nice and helpful, he helps Ade96 and Cumehtar with medieval town, isn't right? I think he even has house in Nameless.
  • The same IP,
  • Account created day after ban
  • Both avatars referring to death
  • Same "Veteran Builder" in both profiles, with the same red color and upper cases in the same places.
  • And blocked facebook link
To big coincidence for me.

As Randy, trying to get our confidence, and then stick a knife in the back.

Check it out FIRST SECOND

Case closed.
day after ban, randy wasnt banned that day his privs were revoked, the next day death made an account on forum, get your facts straight, death had been on the server before randy's privs were revoked if you had been paying attention to everything ppl were saying you could have easily know that but obviously you werent cuz you're to damn stubborn to give him a chance your stuck on the thought that hes randy, i can tell you hes not, why would he use 2 accounts on the same server and both have privs and one likes ppl that the other doesnt like at the same time? can you answer me that. and the link expired, he can change his FB link. and also if you had been paying attention you would see what i suggested you do, unban IP keep randy's privs revoked and change his password so he cant get on, if a third players joins from that IP thats prolly randy. as long as death doesnt do anything wrong you should allow him the ability to play, it very unfair. he hasnt done anything wrong.
"Get busy Living or Get busy Dying" ~Alexander Supertramp

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

The majority of bans on this server are dealt with unfairness, lack of forgiveness, and purely stubbornness. Neuro and Death, you'll never win this battle, I was once in a position very similar to yours, I had stolen a few glass panes (Quantity: 2-3) and I begged for forgiveness for over a week. But that heartless server moderator has nothing in him that merely nudges on a sense of forgiveness.
Youtube Channel; Minetest Gaming Videos

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Neuro, I think you're ignoring some options here... #1. Why would Death's dad even play this, if he is real. #2. Randy might've thought it'd be funny to create 2 accounts, one for trolling and griefing. The other for playing nice boy.... It's very possible he did create 2 accounts just for fun.

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

Actually I agree with Neuro on this, this just might be a different person and if he griefs just ban him if this is not randy then he should not be punished for it like Neuro said revoke Randy's privs and unban the IP
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

HELLO_IM_DEATH

by HELLO_IM_DEATH » Post

dude my name is Anthony if you want to know my name just please let me be able to play on the server once again its not my fault that my father screwed up but that does not mean you can put my fathers bad behavior upon me seems unfair...
Veteran Builder, Modern,medieval,futuristic types Hey Guys My MineTest Name Is HELLO_IM_DEATH or Death if you see me just say hey bro i hope to see everyone cause i like friendly people. :D

slendergirl66

by slendergirl66 » Post

Like i said, everything has gone to hell...
Anyways, Cactuz, HELLO_IM_DEATH is nothing like Randy, trust me. He has been a member of my village since he joined, and he is rather trustworthy as far as I can tell. I believe in second chances, but hey, it's your call. Have fun with all the arguing, guys!
I'm one of the 2 current owners of Slender Fire Village in Redcrab's 4.4 server

HELLO_IM_DEATH

by HELLO_IM_DEATH » Post

slendergirl66 wrote:Like i said, everything has gone to hell...
Anyways, Cactuz, HELLO_IM_DEATH is nothing like Randy, trust me. He has been a member of my village since he joined, and he is rather trustworthy as far as I can tell. I believe in second chances, but hey, it's your call. Have fun with all the arguing, guys!
Thats The Thing I Highly Dislike Arguing but im trying to prove my point that im not like my dad! ugh.... life even on the internet is a hassle. :/

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Alright, HELLO_IM_DEATH, I believe you. I've been in your situation and I've hated it.

Cactuz_PL I reccomend unbanning him. keep randys privs revoked and change his password. Please.
But it is your choice. If you see a similarity between him and randy. Its because there father and son. Not because hes the same person. I'm sorry Death for accusing you and now believing you.

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

No one has touched on this yet, so I'll do so.

What if the father told the son about the server? That would explain the registration dates. Also, check online time in logs if possible, if they come on about the same time. As I have experience running MC servers, I doubt Death/randy is telling the truth though.

Also, @slendergirl, I believe in second chances. On all my servers, greif banning was this:
1st time: Warn, 2nd: kick, 3rd: temp ban 5 days, 4th: Perma ban.

I'm probably too lenient, but if it was a major greif, than it went straight to temp-ban/perma.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Moderator is to serve the community. If you claim that I'm too restrictive, I will change the rules.

1. All first time banned players will be unbanned. (like Obiewann1111)
2. Randy will be unbanned, but i will change his password (he was guilty more times), so you can play HELLO_IM_DEATH.
3. I will rollback any greif, You still can send greif reports. So, if player "zzzzz" build house and greif another, I will rollback all his actions, his house disappears.
4 I will ban players after 3 big* greif reports. big* - more than 10 blocks.

I hope you like new rules, please don't blame if the number of greifs will increase.

I will unban HelloImDeath/Randy and Obiewann1111, if any one else wants to be unbanned please send me PM, or post here.

Happy New Year!

Edit: Almost forget, all of you have 'interact' back.

I hope that at least some of you understood my previous rules, I wanted to protect the work of other players, but I'm here for you. And that you have the final say.
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Mon Dec 31, 2012 09:02, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

Thank you cactuz, I won't disappoint.
Youtube Channel; Minetest Gaming Videos

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!