Redcrab's server

mali_nexa

by mali_nexa » Post

Hello redcrab. You probably remember me. Can i get the privileges. Also can my bro stefanizer get the priviliges. Thanks!
The Mighty Serb

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

mali_nexa wrote:Hello redcrab. You probably remember me. Can i get the privileges. Also can my bro stefanizer get the priviliges. Thanks!
Please read first post, you can do it yourself.
Nope

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Wow!
Cactuz, that was impressive, that's how I would want an admin/owner of any server to act. Of the people, by the people, for the people, eagle.

If that wasn't sarcastic, you have just earned +1000 respect points from me, although those probably arent worth much.

Btw, can you unban legend_of_exodia then? I don't know if he ever goes on forums, so I'm asking for him.

FallingSkies

by FallingSkies » Post

To be honest, I liked the previous rules. Griefing is griefing, and it destroys people's work. I had my house griefed; I don't want the person to be able to come back on. I certainly don't want Randy back on.
Yes, the server can be rolled back, I admit that. But it seems like more work for Cactuz (because griefing WILL go up).
I believe the former rules were fair and discouraged griefers more than these, in my opinion, incredibly lenient ones.
I think Death is Randy, because no adult would act like that or talk like he did during the entire debacle.

I'm not posting to try to get Cactuz to change the rules, I'm just saying that I'm not looking forward to the onslaught of griefers that are apt to pour in and that I appreciated the former rules and what they did.

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Sokomine wrote:For the building school, it would be good if someone could grant rights to a suitable location close to spawn. And maybe webdesigner would like to help or even build it alone?
Well, I'm not interested in building another school, I just finished one in DC :)
But if you want, I can help you a little bit if you want ;)

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Ok, I've got an idea for the crafting school:

You could build it near a mountain and a sea. At the sea you can simulate a beach where you can find sand and clay. In the mountain, you can build a mine, where a player with "give"-priv can put some ores-in-stones (only for demonstration). You could explain where to find this ore and what you can do with it......
I think this would be very realistic :)
And yes, I'll help you :)

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

@Skies: We can see how this goes, if it becomes a disaster, than we can go back to the previous ruleset. However, on my servers, we had very few greifers with a minimum of 4 people on at all times.

I may've just been lucky.

@WD/Soko: Can I help build the school? I'm totally bored right now, making roads just dosn't cut it.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

FallingSkies wrote:To be honest, I liked the previous rules. Griefing is griefing, and it destroys people's work. I had my house griefed; I don't want the person to be able to come back on. I certainly don't want Randy back on.
Yes, the server can be rolled back, I admit that. But it seems like more work for Cactuz (because griefing WILL go up).
I believe the former rules were fair and discouraged griefers more than these, in my opinion, incredibly lenient ones.
I think Death is Randy, because no adult would act like that or talk like he did during the entire debacle.

I'm not posting to try to get Cactuz to change the rules, I'm just saying that I'm not looking forward to the onslaught of griefers that are apt to pour in and that I appreciated the former rules and what they did.
Thanks, I still think that HELLO_IM_DEATH is Randy, too. But you saw previous post they are clearly against old rules and they believe Randy couldn't be HelloImDeath. Most of them believe life is simple, easy, good always wins and everything has happy end. No, life isn't fair is cruel, other people isn't fair and they will cheat, if it were otherwise then why in the world are law enforcement? Because some people doesn't want to be fair and stick to rules.

The best would be if we all can vote and decide: "No mercy law" or "New freedom law".

David no offense but I think that you agree with each post: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1705&p=129
davidpace wrote:I do believe you are the same person as Randy. If you're telling the truth. Your Dad lied. Look at some of his posts ;-)
davidpace wrote:Neuro, I think you're ignoring some options here... #1. Why would Death's dad even play this, if he is real. #2. Randy might've thought it'd be funny to create 2 accounts, one for trolling and griefing. The other for playing nice boy.... It's very possible he did create 2 accounts just for fun.
davidpace wrote:Alright, HELLO_IM_DEATH, I believe you. I've been in your situation and I've hated it.

Cactuz_PL I reccomend unbanning him. keep randys privs revoked and change his password. Please.
But it is your choice. If you see a similarity between him and randy. Its because there father and son. Not because hes the same person. I'm sorry Death for accusing you and now believing you.
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Mon Dec 31, 2012 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Traxie21 wrote:@WD/Soko: Can I help build the school? I'm totally bored right now, making roads just dosn't cut it.
I would say yes, what do you think soko?

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Alright, alright. Here's why I changed my mind.

I've been in his shoes, and did not like it one bit. I was telling the truth. But nonthelesss people thought I was lying.

I also liked the old rules also. It seemed more fair that griefers should be perma banned. But redcrab NEEDS, I mean needs.
To put rules in the first post. When i first started out I hade NO idea what griefing even was. Some very nice person Named Inocudom, taught me what griefing was, And how to get privs. thats how I started out. Also robro was helping me alot.

I just didn't want imdeath to be hurt that we didn't believe him. I also believe that ALL of the people that come here for the first time. Should read the ENTIRE first post by redcrab. I think it is very possible for Randy to be IAD (I am death).

But I didn't want to take a chance with that. But I still think we should keep the old rules and have griefers banned! :-)
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Sooo
First everyone prefers the rules more lenient, then everyone wants to change em back?

Pancakes, so flipplty-floppity
Last edited by Traxie21 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

I never said I want to change the rules!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

If the people that build their buildings keep an eye on them and chase off people that try to grief them, things might be a little more safe on this server. A good neighborhood watch can bring crime down. Where are all of the griefers coming from anyway?

JoeyXtreme

by JoeyXtreme » Post

it looks like there are many griefers now.
when i joined i thought there weren't many griefers
but maybe i didn't notice it...
Hi i'm a signature :D

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

This is the biggest. Server. Yet.

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

Can we get the Boats mod?
It will make water travel easier
Last edited by Leroy on Mon Dec 31, 2012 19:35, edited 1 time in total.
UBUNTU BRO!

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

Protection request: My Busmobile.

COORDS:-68.8, 20.5, -251.2 to -81.3, 19.5, -245.1

bump
Last edited by Leroy on Tue Jan 01, 2013 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
UBUNTU BRO!

webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Happy new year 2013 :)

Leroy

by Leroy » Post

For some reason, When I drop something, It dissapears completely!
UBUNTU BRO!

aldobr

by aldobr » Post

my two cents :

How people grief ?

I watched a total stranger enter the server for the first time. What was his first action ?

He tried to grief the spawn area (he was unable because the spawn is protected).

So i told him not to touch anything he did not build himself, because he could get banned.

I dont know if he followed my advice. Thats not the point.

The point is : why the f... the first reaction of new people is to try to destroy the first thing that the server throws at them ??

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Alrighty guys, I get a new job today, and will not have time/resources to play anymore. If anyone wants my house, they can claim it, getting on and unclaiming chests and signs.
Its above spawn a bit, stonebrick/cobble castle with red wool accents up top and a lava moat.

slendergirl66

by slendergirl66 » Post

Just a note, I likely wont be visiting at all. Don't get me wrong, guys, I love all of you. It's just that i recently discovered that Minetest was taking up WAY too much space on my computer, so I deleted it.
Anyways, I will still visit the forums, so I'd love to keep in contact with everyone!
Love ya all
SG66
PS: If anyone sees Cold_Fire online, please tell him!!!
I'm one of the 2 current owners of Slender Fire Village in Redcrab's 4.4 server

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Bye all! My house is unclaimed and all my things are in public chests, signs are removed. Restrooms are still public, womens is on left, mens on right.

BYE!!!
Wish I could stay longer, but real life has just claimed another victim.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

aldobr wrote:The point is : why the f... the first reaction of new people is to try to destroy the first thing that the server throws at them ??
It's simple:
cactuz_pl wrote:Some players do not know how to properly maintain
Most of them think: "It's just game lol, let's destroy this house and have fun lolololol" and I don't want tolerate such.

I don't want to be dictator.

I can restore the old rules, but I don't want to do this myself, I need your support.

I came up with a way to vote:
1. We will find free spot and divide it into two areas, first for "No mercy law" and second for "New indulgence law".
2. Players* can vote by placing locked signs in areas.
3. If somebody vote twice, both his votes will be cancelled.
4. I will count votes after week.

Players* (who can vote?) - to avoid multi-accounting, may vote only players with 2 areas (according to the list form last night, 31th, I have it on my PC)
Edit: Sub-areas doesn't count.

What do you think about this concept?
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Tue Jan 01, 2013 09:14, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Traxie21 wrote:Bye all! My house is unclaimed and all my things are in public chests, signs are removed. Restrooms are still public, womens is on left, mens on right.

BYE!!!
Wish I could stay longer, but real life has just claimed another victim.
I will protect your castle, it is too amazing to leave it unprotected. Edit: Done.

But the chests are still to take. :D
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Tue Jan 01, 2013 09:55, edited 1 time in total.
Nope