Faithful Minetest Texture Pack [32x] [0.4.x]

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

Faithful Minetest Texture Pack [32x] [0.4.x]

by Jordach » Post

Hey there!

GloopMaster / NekoGloop challenged me to make a faithful texture pack just like the Minecraft one Calinou converted.

Here are some screenshots:

In case anyone reading this is on a 3G Wireless Dongle / Smartphone (or have a limited connection), use this Imgur Album which uses less bandwidth:

http://imgur.com/a/0BSRN

Current Mod Support:

Default.
Bucket.
Wool.

Download .ZIP file:

https://github.com/Jordach/Faithful_Min ... master.zip

Notes:

I will happily accept pull requests to my repo, eg, better textures.

License: WTFPL.
Last edited by Jordach on Tue Jan 08, 2013 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

Josh

by Josh » Post

Nice! Look's like updated default minetest textures. :)

GloopMaster

by GloopMaster » Post

Your hand looks like a dog's paw.
Meow.

That is all.

dannydark

by dannydark » Post

hmm, is this supposed to be a Minecraft Faithful conversion/style pack?

Either way good work, they are a little too blur for me though.

Also no offence ^_^ if this is trying to be the Faithful pack of Minetest (and not a MC conversion) then I thought the whole point of having larger resolution textures was to improve/add more detail to them, not less detail than their 16px x 16px counterparts. Like with the MC Faithful texture pack, it is just an improved version of the default textures with more detail.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

@dannydark:
If that's too blurry you could take a look at my "heretic" textures here (mind that has WIP state by now).

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

dannydark wrote:hmm, is this supposed to be a Minecraft Faithful conversion/style pack?

Also no offence ^_^ if this is trying to be the Faithful pack of Minetest (and not a MC conversion) then I thought the whole point of having larger resolution textures was to improve/add more detail to them, not less detail than their 16px x 16px counterparts. Like with the MC Faithful texture pack, it is just an improved version of the default textures with more detail.
Certain textures such as dirt, cobblestone, grass and g side are decent, same for the cactus. (The spikes were hand drawn)

However, doing this is very difficult and very time consuming.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

I like the idea. I like the way you made it. I don't like the hand.
GJ!

dannydark

by dannydark » Post

Jordach wrote:
dannydark wrote:hmm, is this supposed to be a Minecraft Faithful conversion/style pack?

Certain textures such as dirt, cobblestone, grass and g side are decent, same for the cactus. (The spikes were hand drawn)

However, doing this is very difficult and very time consuming.
lol the spikes are just 11 pixels (including shadows) and all identical, you could have just drawn them once and copy & pasted / cloned the rest (depending on graphics program).

I think the cactus isn't too bad as the spikes take the attention away from the blur background, and I agree the dirt isn't too bad.

I do appreciate the time and effort you have put into doing this texture pack I just personally think they are slightly too blurry, maybe its because I use normally use a customised 32x32 version of the MC JohnSmith texture pack which has quite a lot of detail to it.