New trees

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

This mod might be interesting to those reading this thread...

http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4394
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Post

I downloaded xyz's 1/08/13 version, but still all the trees look like the old trees. What do I have to do to see the new trees?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Download a mod such as More Trees (by me, with code from cisoun and bas080 and tweaks by RealBadAngel):

http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4394

That mod requires plants_lib/plantlife mod from no earlier than Jan. 11 and minetest 0.4.4 git from no earlier than Jan. 7.

Also, look through the forums, there have been a few tree definitions posted that, if made into a mod, might also look nice.

Note that this and similar mods/trees code generally do not try to replace the default trees, but rather, they add new ones. Replacing default trees is possible, but I am not sure how it is done.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

some new screenshots again:
oaks with acorns:
spruces with cones
palm trees:

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I don't know if this can be done, but you may want to make the palm trees look a little more solid. For variety reasons, I recommend that all trees do have slight height variations in terms of how high their leaves are on their trunks.

Is VanessaE working on this with you? I think that the palm trees and the birch trees would make good additions to her moretrees mod. Where are birch trees intended to appear anyway?

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Post

I can't wait for the new mapgen!

One suggestion: for the palms make the trunk go strait up and for the leaves use some drawtype like raillike or signlike.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

another update. trees framework is gettin close to be finished. Today the planks:

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Are these beautiful trees going in the default game, or are they just a demonstration of what can be done with your changes to the engine?

dannydark

by dannydark » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:another update. trees framework is gettin close to be finished. Today the planks:
Nice ^_^, Can't wait to get my grubby hands on the new planks.

@0gb.us: These trees will be in the new mapgen (v7) and biome specific :D can't wait!

Spots

by Spots » Post

kick ass Angel!!

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

dannydark wrote:@0gb.us: These trees will be in the new mapgen (v7) and biome specific :D can't wait!
Nobody said that.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Actually danny is half-right:

They indeed *will* be biome-restricted, but the current plan is to integrate them into my moretrees mod, rather than the mapgen.

dannydark

by dannydark » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
dannydark wrote:@0gb.us: These trees will be in the new mapgen (v7) and biome specific :D can't wait!
Nobody said that.
@VanessaE:
Yeah sorry VanessaE I forgot about your mod >_< I wouldn't mind but I'm using it to haha.

@PilzAdam:
Actually you're wrong, Hmmmm mentioned about needing content for the biomes in the new mapgen and RealBadAngel mentioned that he was working on the L-system treegen and trees ready for the new mapgen.

so yeah some are available of the trees are available already via VanessaE's mod but originally the treegen was being done for the new mapgen.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Great! This is becomming better and better! I'm looking forward to the new planks. Please include horizontal versions of the thrunks as well. And what happened to the jungletree?

Those new planks and thrunks will certainly allow even nicer houses to be built. Hope the mod will be installed on may servers!
A list of my mods can be found here.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Sokomine wrote:Great! This is becomming better and better! I'm looking forward to the new planks. Please include horizontal versions of the thrunks as well. And what happened to the jungletree?

Those new planks and thrunks will certainly allow even nicer houses to be built. Hope the mod will be installed on may servers!
I believe that with the edition of moreblocks jungle trees already have planks.

I looked at those new wooden plank types and found them to be such useful additions to the game. However, as we all know, wood can get burned up very fast by a fire. In an attempt to solve this problem, I made a suggestion in the thread where mod ideas go.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

All of these trees have now been implemented into my More Trees mod!

See here: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4394

guilleelcapoextra

by guilleelcapoextra » Post

error lua

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

guilleelcapoextra wrote:error lua
Update to latest minetest_game and minetest. See xyz's/sfan5's/PilzAdam's Win32 builds.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

"error lua" is nowhere near enough information. What problem are you having?