[Mod] 3D Animated NPC [1.5]

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Post

Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Post

jordan4ibanez wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:
jordan4ibanez wrote: Honestly, i have no idea what you just said
I downloaded this mod, edited it to spawn npcs.
Change all the vombie(minetest zombie) names to npc names.
Here is the vombie link. http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=629
That's probably not going to work at all, ever lol.
By the way I got it to spawn now I just need to tidy it up and fix the spawn blocks themselves really.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

User avatar
babe223
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 13:36
Location: Brasil,Rio de Janeiro

by babe223 » Post

Image
the horse could be?
I took this image of the mod minecraft see here the link of the mod
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/107 ... g-is-back/
Bem vindos Brasileiros,eu sou primeiro brasileiro daqui do forum, espero que tragam bastante mods

[MOD] torch http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3021
[MOD]HATCHE:http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3458

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Post

Ride horse= fast
Ride horse with saddle= mega fast
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Post

jordan4ibanez wrote:
Chinchow wrote:Do you mind if I attempt a very simple village mod that uses parts of this code?
Go ahead
This might help. http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=557
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

4aiman
Member
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 05:47

by 4aiman » Post

Minetest 0.4.3:

Code: Select all

21:49:21: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error running function 'on_step': ..../games/minetest_36c17b0/mods/addn_mods/npc/init.lua:173: attempt to call method 'set_animation' (a nil value)
Do I need 0.4.4?

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam
Location: Germany

by PilzAdam » Post

4aiman wrote:Minetest 0.4.3:

Code: Select all

21:49:21: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error running function 'on_step': ..../games/minetest_36c17b0/mods/addn_mods/npc/init.lua:173: attempt to call method 'set_animation' (a nil value)
Do I need 0.4.4?
Sure.

User avatar
markveidemanis
Member
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 15:41

by markveidemanis » Post

can you make the villagers atand still, and when clicked on with a sitting device, they will follow you. maybe you can an admin npc and give tools: stay, follow, sit. i know its not a dog, but it's kinda fun, as i said on irc
Last edited by markveidemanis on Sun Dec 16, 2012 07:46, edited 1 time in total.
BitCoin: 1Eq4arvykGNa1YC2DbJpWcwGfMvtFGjAoR

4aiman
Member
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 05:47

by 4aiman » Post

I don't know, whether it's a bug, or my game just glitching, but whenever I hit an NPC with a steel sword (didn't check other weapons/items) that very NPC becomes unlimited-hostile.
By @unlimited@ I mean that, even if I'm flying in the air, the NPC somehow is able to hit me and decrease my HP.
Here's a little picture (800x600, 81.22 KB):
Image
I'm VERY far from the NPC, but it still hurts!

PS: Is it normal when I hit 1 NPC and all NPCs that surround him became hostile?
Last edited by 4aiman on Tue Dec 18, 2012 05:58, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Post

is there a way to turn hostile off
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

4aiman
Member
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 05:47

by 4aiman » Post

jojoa1997,
They're neutral at the day time while you didn't hurt them. If you're OK with that, you could try to remove some lines from init.lua which makes them hostile at the night time.


A little offtopic... or not?
Anyway, I've noticed (yeah, I've read changelog ;)) that players are 3d now and they share the same model with NPCs, right?
So, PilzAdam, is there a way to add selected item mesh to the "hands" of npc/player? (Maybe by using added in 0.4.4 ability to "link" the entities?) That way anyone would know whether another player/mob is preparing an attack with his/her sword or just holding some block.
I'm saying "mobs", because a hostile 24/7 NPC is a mob to me :)

Moreover, is it possible to make mobs "draw their weapons" when they get hurt by someone?

And even more: could you possibly add some kind of config file, so mod would read it and add various NPC?
That file could be smth like this:

Code: Select all

+---------------+------------------------+--------------------------------+-----------------------------+
|               |     Name, HP, Speed,   |                                |                             | 
|     ID        | Weapon, Mesh, Textures |             Type               |      profession             |
+---------------+------------------------+--------------------------------+-----------------------------+
| IDK for       | Obvious for a mob/npc  | 0 - neutral mob                | if type=0 or type=1 then:   |
| what purpose, | properties, maybe some |     (never becomes hostile,    | 0 - animal (domestic/wild)  |
| it's just a   | privileges, like       |      but runs away if hurt)    | 1..n - npc/villager         |
| habbit ;)     | flying (but the last   | 1 - passive mob #1             |                             |
|               | one is too early to    |     (becomes hostile, if hurt) | IDK, what "professions" are |
|               | think about).          | 2 - passive mob #2             | needed, but it'll be good   |
|               |                        |     (hostile at night,         | to have a Smith and a       |
|               |                        |      otherwise passive;        | merchant. Maybe a doctor    |
|               |                        |      becomes hostile, if hurt) | would be nice.              |
|               |                        | 3 - regular mob (hostile 24/7) |                             |
+---------------+------------------------+--------------------------------+-----------------------------+
Using such a file could help others to add their own mobs/npc.

PS: All above is just questions, though. Don't get me wrong, please!
Last edited by 4aiman on Tue Dec 18, 2012 07:05, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Post

4aiman wrote:jojoa1997,
They're neutral at the day time while you didn't hurt them. If you're OK with that, you could try to remove some lines from init.lua which makes them hostile at the night time.


A little offtopic... or not?
Anyway, I've noticed (yeah, I've read changelog ;)) that players are 3d now and they share the same model with NPCs, right?
So, PilzAdam, is there a way to add selected item mesh to the "hands" of npc/player? (Maybe by using added in 0.4.4 ability to "link" the entities?) That way anyone would know whether another player/mob is preparing an attack with his/her sword or just holding some block.
I'm saying "mobs", because a hostile 24/7 NPC is a mob to me :)


Moreover, is it possible to make mobs "draw their weapons" when they get hurt by someone?

And even more: could you possibly add some kind of config file, so mod would read it and add various NPC?
That file could be smth like this:

Code: Select all

+---------------+------------------------+--------------------------------+-----------------------------+
|               |     Name, HP, Speed,   |                                |                             | 
|     ID        | Weapon, Mesh, Textures |             Type               |      profession             |
+---------------+------------------------+--------------------------------+-----------------------------+
| IDK for       | Obvious for a mob/npc  | 0 - neutral mob                | if type=0 or type=1 then:   |
| what purpose, | properties, maybe some |     (never becomes hostile,    | 0 - animal (domestic/wild)  |
| it's just a   | privileges, like       |      but runs away if hurt)    | 1..n - npc/villager         |
| habbit ;)     | flying (but the last   | 1 - passive mob #1             |                             |
|               | one is too early to    |     (becomes hostile, if hurt) | IDK, what "professions" are |
|               | think about).          | 2 - passive mob #2             | needed, but it'll be good   |
|               |                        |     (hostile at night,         | to have a Smith and a       |
|               |                        |      otherwise passive;        | merchant. Maybe a doctor    |
|               |                        |      becomes hostile, if hurt) | would be nice.              |
|               |                        | 3 - regular mob (hostile 24/7) |                             |
+---------------+------------------------+--------------------------------+-----------------------------+
Using such a file could help others to add their own mobs/npc.

PS: All above is just questions, though. Don't get me wrong, please!
I mean could you make a command Vanessa wont have it on here server unless it is always peaceful even if you hit the npc. Also could the command need the server priv. I also would want to have them sometimes hostile in single player but other rimes peaceful.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Post

Is the above post possible
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Post

Any news?
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

User avatar
jordan4ibanez
Member
Posts: 1895
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 18:44
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez
Location: Rhode Island, USA

by jordan4ibanez » Post

I changed the license to WTFPL so anyone can make a mod of it, but please, no one make a shitty mod of it, i haven't tested this, but it sounds pretty good :)
Last edited by jordan4ibanez on Sat Dec 22, 2012 03:56, edited 1 time in total.
I've been gone for a long time

User avatar
RobotSnakeMaster
New member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 04:33
Location: The Nether

by RobotSnakeMaster » Post

I got this and my lag reduced!!

I had:
More Ores
Stairs+
Moreblocks
Nuke
Mesecons 0.5

P.S: Why can`t I find a single NPC?
Last edited by RobotSnakeMaster on Sat Dec 22, 2012 04:55, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Post

jordan4ibanez wrote:I changed the license to WTFPL so anyone can make a mod of it, but please, no one make a shitty mod of it, i haven't tested this, but it sounds pretty good :)
Thank you. I was wondering if we could collaborate to make a better mod. You could have normal NPCs while i have peaceful ones. :-)
Also i am a beginner modder so i only know how to do basic stuff.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

User avatar
RobotSnakeMaster
New member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 04:33
Location: The Nether

by RobotSnakeMaster » Post

After I added a Herobrine texture and put it in the .lua file, i cant run minetest or it says"ModError: Failed to load and run the init.lua file.

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Post

That is my problem. jordan4ipbanez where is the npc health set in the script?
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

User avatar
RobotSnakeMaster
New member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 04:33
Location: The Nether

by RobotSnakeMaster » Post

I have made a Slenderman Texture and put it in this one, replacing the zombie.

User avatar
jordan4ibanez
Member
Posts: 1895
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 18:44
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez
Location: Rhode Island, USA

by jordan4ibanez » Post

Here is a version of santa which will turn smoothly, I have not yet made it turn with calculations based on which direction to turn left or right is smoother, but here is a simple sample of it, it's quite nice.
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/cs0vhq8kkzpcvre/santa.zip?dl=1
I've been gone for a long time

User avatar
aximx51v
Member
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 03:47

by aximx51v » Post

Wow. really cool intellegence on these NPCs!
any idea's as to why I'm not getting injured? they chase me, i let them walk inside of me, but i could stand there all day and they never do damage. i run 4.4-d1, does it need to be a different version?
also, the game likes to crash whenever an NPC jumps while occupying the same space as me.

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Post

aximx51v wrote:Wow. really cool intellegence on these NPCs!
any idea's as to why I'm not getting injured? they chase me, i let them walk inside of me, but i could stand there all day and they never do damage. i run 4.4-d1, does it need to be a different version?
also, the game likes to crash whenever an NPC jumps while occupying the same space as me.
Is your damage off.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

User avatar
Mito551
Member
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 15:03

by Mito551 » Post

PilzAdam wrote:Maybe you should think about using the Simple Mobs API.
+1
jojoa1997 wrote:
aximx51v wrote:Wow. really cool intellegence on these NPCs!
any idea's as to why I'm not getting injured? they chase me, i let them walk inside of me, but i could stand there all day and they never do damage. i run 4.4-d1, does it need to be a different version?
also, the game likes to crash whenever an NPC jumps while occupying the same space as me.
Is your damage off.
do you have armors mod installed?
Last edited by Mito551 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 04:10, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
aximx51v
Member
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 03:47

by aximx51v » Post

Mito551 wrote:
PilzAdam wrote:Maybe you should think about using the Simple Mobs API.
+1
jojoa1997 wrote:
aximx51v wrote:Wow. really cool intellegence on these NPCs!
any idea's as to why I'm not getting injured? they chase me, i let them walk inside of me, but i could stand there all day and they never do damage. i run 4.4-d1, does it need to be a different version?
also, the game likes to crash whenever an NPC jumps while occupying the same space as me.
Is your damage off.
do you have armors mod installed?
The "enable damage" box is checked. I do have the armor (older version) mod installed, and i had wondered if that could be the issue, but when i removed my armor (in the game) it didn't seem to affect anything. MOB framework works well with the armor mod, i guess i just assumed that the NPC did too.

I just removed the armor mod, and yes, that was it. i now get damage. is there a way to fix the compatibility, or does the newer armor mod work?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Red_King_Cyclops and 3 guests