Post your mod requests/ideas here

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

could someone make a mod that adds mud and dry mud. i want to build a quick shelter but dirt just doesnt seem sensible so i thought why not mud. Then i remembered this game doesnt have mud. the one thing that it must have is a easy recipe that you can make from the begining
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

chase programer

by chase programer » Post

i want a mod with this
Back and ready to help with this amazing community that i lost.

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

chase programer wrote:[image]
i want a mod with this
There's like five different nuke/tnt mods that I found with one quick search. Just install one and add that texture, and there you go :)
Last edited by Menche on Wed Jan 16, 2013 00:25, edited 1 time in total.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I am suggesting the creation of a version of fire that either spreads and hurts players but doesn't destroy nodes, a version that behaves like normal fire but spreads much more slowly, or a version that doesn't destroy nodes but causes them to be charred and messy looking (which can then be cleaned up, replaced, or used in unique crafting recipes.)

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Counter or Statistics,
This mod would count actions and save them in file.
Actions like collected cobble, treeblocks, (...),steps , crafted wood planks, chests(...).

Example:

Code: Select all

Issued command: /stats
Server: total (collected )cobble-1334; mese-32; dirt-554;
Server: total (placed) cobble-213; mese-3; dirt-20;
Server: total (crafted) wood planks-65; furnances-0;
Server: Player stats: total steps-984; deaths-5; eaten apples-2;
...for other players:

Issued command: /stats RandomPlayer
Server: total (collected )cobble-2; mese-52; dirt-54;
Server: total (placed) cobble-213; mese-3; dirt-40;
Server: total (crafted) wood planks-55; furnances-7;
Server: Player stats: total steps-988; deaths-7; eaten apples-1;
And:

Issued command: /top_stats
Server: Most (collected) cobble-6677 (player1); dirt-56544(player2)
Server: Most (placed) cobble-2113 (player2); mese-44(player4);
Server: Most (crafted) wood planks-55 (player2); furnances-7(player3);
Server: Most: steps-9884(player1); deaths-70(player5); eaten apples-9001(player2)
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Thu Jan 17, 2013 19:02, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

I'd like such a statistic mod as well. Collected and placed nodes can be counted through the same function that is used for node protection. Crafting might be a bit difficult. At least I know of no suitable function there. Same applies to apples eaten. And what is steps supposed to be?
A list of my mods can be found here.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Sokomine wrote:I'd like such a statistic mod as well. Collected and placed nodes can be counted through the same function that is used for node protection. Crafting might be a bit difficult. At least I know of no suitable function there. Same applies to apples eaten. And what is steps supposed to be?
Distance traveled.
Nope

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Distance travelled...hm. There's no function for that I'm afraid. The mod could look from time to time where the player is and calculate distance, but.../home and /spawn kind of interfere here. As does the bug that sometimes randomly attaches players to other players elswhere.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

I understand, it was only suggestion.
Counting collected and placed nodes is enough for me.
What about deaths counter?

Edit: I found this:

minetest.register_on_dieplayer(func(ObjectRef))
^ Called when a player dies
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Thu Jan 17, 2013 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

Menche

by Menche » Post

What about a PvP game mode that uses a death counter to calculate scores, teleports players to a separate observation area after they have respawned a set number of times, and prints and resets scores and begins spawning players back in the main area when all players have been removed from the game?

Another idea I had that may or may not be possible, have a timer for each player, so players can look up the total time they have been active on a server. It would only count for a set time after a player has been active (placed/broke a block, sent a chat message, etc) so the count wouldn't include afk time.
Last edited by Menche on Thu Jan 17, 2013 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Menche wrote:What about a PvP game mode that uses a death counter to calculate scores, teleports players to a separate observation area after they have respawned a set number of times, and prints and resets scores and begins spawning players back in the main area when all players have been removed from the game?
I agree that this should be added but for points it is counted by how many a person killed. Also the points should not be reset so that there could be rankings of who is best. With the respawning to an observation area make the respawn to spawn but get rid of their interact and give them fly, shout, fast. They could be invisible and maybe have their own channel as to not interfere with the people still playing.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Menche

by Menche » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:
Menche wrote:What about a PvP game mode that uses a death counter to calculate scores, teleports players to a separate observation area after they have respawned a set number of times, and prints and resets scores and begins spawning players back in the main area when all players have been removed from the game?
I agree that this should be added but for points it is counted by how many a person killed. Also the points should not be reset so that there could be rankings of who is best. With the respawning to an observation area make the respawn to spawn but get rid of their interact and give them fly, shout, fast. They could be invisible and maybe have their own channel as to not interfere with the people still playing.
Whenever a player dies, his score should be decremented and his killer's score incremented. And by "reset score" I meant start a new game, the scores could be saved elsewhere for highscores.

EDIT: maybe the penalty for dying should be less than the bonus for killing, so you don't get really negative scores for some players. How do most fps games count scores?
Last edited by Menche on Thu Jan 17, 2013 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Menche wrote:Whenever a player dies, his score should be decremented and his killer's score incremented. And by "reset score" I meant start a new game, the scores could be saved elsewhere for highscores.
Okay but i think that the score should not be lessened because what if someone falls off a cliff by accident and no one killed him. Also the killer already has a reward of getting a higher score and the killed person has to go back to start and potentially lose all his stuff and isn't that punishment enough.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Penalities for dying are something for PvP servers. The mod request was for statistics. Dying certainly ought to affect any points gained (after all survival failed), so it is more suitable for a mod that gives points.

Menche

by Menche » Post

Sokomine wrote:Penalities for dying are something for PvP servers. The mod request was for statistics. Dying certainly ought to affect any points gained (after all survival failed), so it is more suitable for a mod that gives points.
I understand, the death counter just gave me the idea. I wasn't trying to draw attention away from the stats request, was just posting another idea.
Last edited by Menche on Thu Jan 17, 2013 21:05, edited 1 time in total.

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Menche wrote:
Sokomine wrote:Penalities for dying are something for PvP servers. The mod request was for statistics. Dying certainly ought to affect any points gained (after all survival failed), so it is more suitable for a mod that gives points.
I understand, the death counter just gave me the idea. I wasn't trying to draw attention away from the stats request, was just posting another idea.
There's no way to count "Kills" by a player since there's no way in the current API to ascertain who/what killed a player.
You can still decrement points with an on_dieplayer callback.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

kaeza wrote:There's no way to count "Kills" by a player since there's no way in the current API to ascertain who/what killed a player.
You can still decrement points with an on_dieplayer callback.
for now maybe have 100 points and make the player lose point when they die
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Inocudom wrote:I am suggesting the creation of a version of fire that either spreads and hurts players but doesn't destroy nodes, a version that behaves like normal fire but spreads much more slowly, or a version that doesn't destroy nodes but causes them to be charred and messy looking (which can then be cleaned up, replaced, or used in unique crafting recipes.)
A mod known as moretrees will soon introduce new types of wood planks, so that is why I made the suggestion above.

Is it possible for a mod to be created that allows for the displaying of custom pictures in picture frames? It could have a folder in it where pictures could be placed so that they could be displayed in a frame in the game.

lord_james

by lord_james » Post

I'm not sure if my idea is for a mod or a new feature: change the speed of player or mobs if they are on a special group of nodes. For example: half speed if group speed =0,2.

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

3rd person view, much like in minecraft.
Youtube Channel; Minetest Gaming Videos

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

can someone make a animal mod that adds naturak animals that also drop stuff when killed. I have code for the dropping stuff. finally can they be 3d like the player
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

yves_de_beck

by yves_de_beck » Post

Hello all,

what about mod, includes wether or natural phenomenons???

A Mod that add rain, dust or snow...
pehaps windy regions where the grass and leaves blocks are animated.
In the desert region, its very bright and the sun is dazzling. lensflare?

Whats about thunder and lightning when it becomes to rain etc.

Thats make a bit more atmosphere in the game =)

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

jojoa1997, look into MOBF (thare are problems, but it's much better than 2 months ago)
yves_de_beck, there was discussion about that in the "rain" and "weather concept" threads. As well as Jeija was talking (IRC) smth about particles emitters that can be used to simulate weather, but yet need to be coded. Maybe one should ask him if he would code some weather support? (IDK, maybe he already making that possible and maybe not)

Obiewan1111

by Obiewan1111 » Post

Block push mod. Like in minecraft when you place a block on a loose one it pushes it along, yeah, somewhat like that. Also, make so you can't right click and put a tool into a placed block, it just bounces off. That would be extremely useful.
Youtube Channel; Minetest Gaming Videos

Is suggesting the Offtopic Section and getting it added an achievement? I guess it is!

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

4aiman i was talking about C++ animals in default
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging