[Mod] Firearms [0.2.0] [firearms]

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:please add a recipe.lua to your github because i have some ideas and want to add a pull request
You can add it yourself to your repo, and open a pull request. Having recipes will help greatly.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Post

Are you going use my sounds Kaeza?
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

kaeza wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:please add a recipe.lua to your github because i have some ideas and want to add a pull request
You can add it yourself to your repo, and open a pull request. Having recipes will help greatly.
i dont have a repo and github is wacking out for me. just name the file and i can do the rest
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:
kaeza wrote:
i dont have a repo and github is wacking out for me. just name the file and i can do the rest
How are you going to open a pull request if you can't upload to your fork? :)
If you want, create a recipe.lua file yourself, upload to a site like ompldr and post the link here.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

you go into the github and press the edit one. then it makes a pull request
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Okay, done. Have fun :)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

thank you
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

guilleelcapoextra

by guilleelcapoextra » Post

error lua

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

guilleelcapoextra wrote:error lua
Can you post the actual error message? Hint: look at debug.txt in your minetest directory or the console output.
Last edited by kaeza on Sat Jan 26, 2013 01:58, edited 1 time in total.

guilleelcapoextra

I use linux and this is the error I get is the following
/home/user/.minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/minetest-firearms-master/init.lua/
Last edited by guilleelcapoextra on Sat Jan 26, 2013 02:21, edited 1 time in total.

Josh

by Josh » Post

Hello kaeza, when i go to start the game it creates dummy image's for this mod. Would you like me to post some ERROR lines from debug.txt, so this problem can be solved? Or is this mod just missing some textures?
Last edited by Josh on Sat Jan 26, 2013 02:35, edited 1 time in total.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

does anyone have any ideas for recipes
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Josh wrote:Hello kaeza, when i go to start the game it creates dummy image's for this mod. Would you like me to post some ERROR lines from debug.txt, so this problem can be solved? Or is this mod just missing some textures?
Try updating the mod. I have added most (if not all) of the missing textures. If you still experience problems, pleast post again with the error message. Thanks for reporting :)

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

guilleelcapoextra wrote:I use linux and this is the error I get is the following
/home/user/.minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/minetest-firearms-master/init.lua/
you must rename the folder to just "firearms"

guilleelcapoextra

kaeza wrote:
guilleelcapoextra wrote:I use linux and this is the error I get is the following
you must rename the folder to just "firearms"
thanks

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Likwid H-Craft wrote:Sounds!!

Ak-47
Rocket Launcher
Sniper Rifle
Music(If you ever get there)
Plus some other sounds.
A jet sound(Well it sound like it)

All in this "ZIP"

Btw the file size is, 1.27 MiB

Well hope you like.
Sorry for the late response (I somehow missed your post).
I can't download the file because it seems I need to register on the forums. I will try it if you upload to a site that does not require any kind of registration (ompldr, Dropbox, etc).

My comments:
- Rocket Launcher: Would be similar to the Bazooka. What's the difference with yours?
- AK-47: I may add this one.
- Sniper Rifle: Already suggested and added.
- Music: It's not really in my goals for this mod. Maybe you could do that as an external mod or package along this mod in a modpack/game.
- Sounds: Some of *my* sounds are a bit...crappy. This is due to the fact that most public domain sounds out there (or for that matter, media files in general) are crappy, and the good ones are released as CC-BY-NC or similar licenses (i.e. not for commercial purposes). My sound making/editing skills are very bad to none, so couldn't do them myself. I hope yours sound better :)

Again, I'll look at your weapons once I can download the file, and decide what is worth adding. Thanks for contributing.
Last edited by kaeza on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:02, edited 1 time in total.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:does anyone have any ideas for recipes
- 1 recipe for a standard metal part (steel_ingots)
- 1 recipe for a standard wooden part (wooden planks)
- or both in 1 recipe.

Use those 2 or 1 to combine with more steel/wood in recipes for the individual weapons

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Topywo wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:does anyone have any ideas for recipes
- 1 recipe for a standard metal part (steel_ingots)
- 1 recipe for a standard wooden part (wooden planks)
- or both in 1 recipe.

Use those 2 or 1 to combine with more steel/wood in recipes for the individual weapons
OK i was planning on that but what about distinguishing between the different ones. Should i use steel blocks? moreores? or should i add some material to the tip of the gun?
Idea: add a scatter gun. it is grenade launcher that when the grenade explodes it shoots out more grenades. also both the grenade and the scatter grenade ammo could be used with th grenade launcher.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:Idea: add a scatter gun. it is grenade launcher that when the grenade explodes it shoots out more grenades. also both the grenade and the scatter grenade ammo could be used with th grenade launcher.
Nice idea.

Also, about the recipes, try to make them according to the general usefulness/power of the weapon. For example, a .45 pistol (as well as ammo) should have a cheap recipe (for example, a steel ingot paired with something else), while the Bazooka should have a much more expensive recipe (maybe involving MESE or even gold or mithril).

If you need to add new craft items in the process (such as for example, gunpowder), feel free to do so.

EDIT: BTW if someone finds a weapon too powerful/weak, feel free to suggest a change.
Last edited by kaeza on Sat Jan 26, 2013 13:13, edited 1 time in total.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

kaeza wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:Idea: add a scatter gun. it is grenade launcher that when the grenade explodes it shoots out more grenades. also both the grenade and the scatter grenade ammo could be used with th grenade launcher.
Nice idea.

Also, about the recipes, try to make them according to the general usefulness/power of the weapon. For example, a .45 pistol (as well as ammo) should have a cheap recipe (for example, a steel ingot paired with something else), while the Bazooka should have a much more expensive recipe (maybe involving MESE or even gold or mithril).

If you need to add new craft items in the process (such as for example, gunpowder), feel free to do so.
ok thaanks and also please say that moreores is a dependency in the first post for now
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

i added recipes for a pistol. i will try to make more but i want to get all the recipes sorted out and sleep on it a little. i really dont want to add useless items if you get too much of one.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Josh

by Josh » Post

kaeza wrote:
Josh wrote:Hello kaeza, when i go to start the game it creates dummy image's for this mod. Would you like me to post some ERROR lines from debug.txt, so this problem can be solved? Or is this mod just missing some textures?
Try updating the mod. I have added most (if not all) of the missing textures. If you still experience problems, pleast post again with the error message. Thanks for reporting :)
It works kaeza, thanks. Fun mod :D
Last edited by Josh on Sun Jan 27, 2013 02:31, edited 1 time in total.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

The bazooka can shoot without ammo please fix it
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

GermanGuy

by GermanGuy » Post

Why the Mod doesnt work?I put the "minetest-firearms-master" Folder in the Folder: C:\Users\MyName-.-\ThePlaceIhavethe MinetestFolder:D\minetest-0.4.4-win32\mods\minetest Have i install it correct?

LorenzoVulcan
GitHub: aegroto

by LorenzoVulcan » Post

GermanGuy wrote:Why the Mod doesnt work?I put the "minetest-firearms-master" Folder in the Folder: C:\Users\MyName-.-\ThePlaceIhavethe MinetestFolder:D\minetest-0.4.4-win32\mods\minetest Have i install it correct?
Rename the folder in "firearms"
Developer of the BlockForge 2# Project!
Official thread: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 290#p54290