[Modpack] Animals Modpack [2.5] -- 2.6 approaching

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

i suggest having a different texture for each meat. make cooking each meat give a little more health than before.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

aximx51v

by aximx51v » Post

thanks for all your work at fixing all these bugs! but there is always more, it seems.. :P
the trader menu isn't working for me. it's just a small grayed out square in teh upper corner of my screen.
also, could you rearrange the vombie skin so typical minecraft/test player skins can be used?

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

aximx51v wrote:thanks for all your work at fixing all these bugs! but there is always more, it seems.. :P
the trader menu isn't working for me. it's just a small grayed out square in teh upper corner of my screen.
also, could you rearrange the vombie skin so typical minecraft/test player skins can be used?
i think all the skins should be remade so people can create some skins themselves. also make templetes like this one(which is for the regular skin)
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

celeave

by celeave » Post

I need some help! I did install Mobf Version 2.0.4 and got this error while playing, please help

Code: Select all

17:52:26: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...ete/worldmods/animals_modpack/mobf_settings/init.lua:25: attempt to call field 'show_formspec' (a nil value)
17:52:26: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
BTW its the first time i tried to use this mod, so any guidance its welcome =)
Last edited by celeave on Thu Feb 07, 2013 04:44, edited 1 time in total.
You can do anything, but not everything.

BZab

by BZab » Post

Have ya got lataset git version of minetest?

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

aximx51v and celeave, please get the latest development version of MineTest from git. The formspec the trader provides cannot be done with older versions. It's worth it.

The trader is a great thing. When you roam around your world exploring and suddenly discover one, that's always a good sight. It feels better if there are occasional buildings in singleplayer. And, of course, you can buy Mese.

The models and animations of the animals are really well done. The deer is great! Also the ostrich. And the other animals. They're fun to watch and make the world feel more lively.
A list of my mods can be found here.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

it would be cool to have a hostile mod that shoots arrows
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

BZab

by BZab » Post

Then cool will be easy option to turn on/off some mobs (not all) when i host server :D
@DOWN: THX, i was looking for it... w/o result
Last edited by BZab on Thu Feb 07, 2013 22:29, edited 1 time in total.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

type in "/mobf_settings" you can decide what animals will be in the world. when you restart the settings will be in place.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

celeave

by celeave » Post

Sokomine wrote:aximx51v and celeave, please get the latest development version of MineTest from git. The formspec the trader provides cannot be done with older versions. It's worth it.

The trader is a great thing. When you roam around your world exploring and suddenly discover one, that's always a good sight. It feels better if there are occasional buildings in singleplayer. And, of course, you can buy Mese.

The models and animations of the animals are really well done. The deer is great! Also the ostrich. And the other animals. They're fun to watch and make the world feel more lively.
Thanks, it really works and i love this mod, the graphics are amazing =)
You can do anything, but not everything.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

Wow quite a lot of feedback for 2 days and not even a bug in there :-) thanks to everyone!

1) different graphics for different meat ... I was hoping someone could provide them ;-)
2) mob_npc uses standard minecraft skins, there's even a (unused) mob in there showing how this could be done for other mobs
3) recreating template skins for all other mobs ... NO ;-) at least I won't do this. I'm not a graphics guy I even hate creating graphics and this is really a lot of work to get it done. Especialy since I haven't completely understood UV-mapping in blender. This doesn't mean I'm against this suggestion, if someone provides it I'd gladly add it ... but plz have a look at file sizes ... models and textures are already too big.
4) hostile mob shooting arrows .... jojoa you already tried current mobf development version so you know support for this is already done in development branch ;-)
DON'T mention coding style!
(c) sapier all rights reserved

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

sapier wrote: 4) hostile mob shooting arrows .... jojoa you already tried current mobf development version so you know support for this is already done in development branch ;-)
That is where i got the idea for the arrow shooting hostile mobs. Also could you make the bones do something other than a sword. Maybe make them give health or something(an acid?)
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

@jojoa1997 actually I was going to remove that sword to as with reduced mob live it's not necessary anymore

Consolegamer29

by Consolegamer29 » Post

The traders do not work and when mining it makes a popping noise...

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

@Consolegamer29 traders do work ... read upper part of page ... if you do have latest git version of minetest please be more precise about "do not work"

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

sapier wrote: I'm not a graphics guy I even hate creating graphics and this is really a lot of work to get it done.
You did a very good job with the aminal models. Thank you for them!

I'm trying to add more traders. The way their buildings are stored is not unlike the way I construct buildings, but turning a finished (even small) building back into that format is a bit difficult. Maybe the more common worldedit-format might do as well. Also, some traders might live close to the things they offer (e.g. a wood trader close to wood; a clay/sand trader in the desert) or in their own city. Selecting fitting prices for trade is difficult. Money might help. A large town of traders of diffrent kinds could spawn and provide a banking institute.
A list of my mods can be found here.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

when i use the scissors o the sheep i get this error

Code: Select all

ServerError: LuaError: error running function 'on_punch': ...t\animals_modpack-mobf_2_1_dev\mobf/mob_preserve.lua:76: attempt to index field 'dynamic_data' (a nil value)
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

here is a cooked meat texture
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

stingers459

by stingers459 » Post

Can someone help me how come i get the "mod error: failed to load and run animals modpack" thing when i start up the game does anyone know a way to get rid of this error?

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

stingers459 wrote:Can someone help me how come i get the "mod error: failed to load and run animals modpack" thing when i start up the game does anyone know a way to get rid of this error?
Maybe this is the solution for you:

It's a modpack. Try extracting the whole animal_modpack (master) in the mods/minetest folder, instead of the seperate mods in the folder below it.

J-Block

by J-Block » Post

So, I downloaded the new version.....
.....and it worked! :D

One thing- the concentration of zombie spawning looks a bit low. Perhaps in the next version you could lower the "perlin noise".

Where is the spawn control in your code?
Last edited by J-Block on Thu Feb 14, 2013 18:56, edited 1 time in total.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

have a look in animal_vombie/init.lua --> spawning--> density and respawndelay
density specifies how close vombies spawn to each other respawndelay specifies in which intervals they spawn

changing density setting will only take effekt on new generated parts of world
Last edited by sapier on Fri Feb 15, 2013 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

BZab

by BZab » Post

Chickens etc. go through fence..
@edit: through walls too
Last edited by BZab on Sat Feb 16, 2013 18:36, edited 1 time in total.

MirceaKitsune
GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

I have some suggestions for the mob framework. I posted them in the wrong thread, so I should re-post them here since I think it is a different author:

MirceaKitsune
GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

I have two suggestions for the mob framework. I posted them in the wrong thread, so re-writing here since I think this mod is by another author:

1 - Alert levels for mobs before attacking. The more a mob is aware of the player (has visual contact or hears them walking) the faster its alert level grows, while no longer seeing or hearing the player makes alert decrease until it goes back to 0. The higher the alert level, the more that mob will run and investigate the spot where it last sensed the player. Once alert level reaches 1, the the mob will attack the player and be fully aware of them. If during battle the player manages to lose the mob (without putting the chunk to sleep and de-spawning it) the mob's alert level will again begin to drop till it eventually goes back to 0. An alert mob will also increase the alertness of nearby mobs slowly. How fast the mob gets aware and forgets should be a per-monster settings.

For example: Lets say a mob needs to see the player for one second before realizing it should attack. If the player manages to hide behind a solid block after half a second of being seen, the mob's alert level will be 0.5. It will be pretty nervous and investigate the area. Now if it sees the player for a quarter second, its alert would increase by another 0.25 and get to 0.75, making the mob even more scared while knowing more exactly where the player is. But the player is no longer seen for 10 seconds, so alert level begins to slowly drop. In 30 seconds, the mob forgets what happened and resumes to walking around.

Although this might sound hard, it should be easy to do in LUA. Whenever the player alerts a mob, its last position is saved as a vector which is the spot that mob is alert of. Alertness level would be a float ranging from 0 to 1 and indicating how much the mob will try to run toward that spot and around it. The location accuracy and frequency of this would depend on alertness level itself.

2 - Similar to 1, but a separate idea that can be a different system. When a mob is hurt during battle, it would cry out, alerting other mobs of its kind in the area (who would normally not see the player) to come and help. They will come and attack the player too.

Let me know what you think and if any of this can be put on your list. It would be fantastic if you could consider adding such behavior to the AI, and I'd totally love to see something like that :)