- checkers can now be oriented with "facedir"
- super glow glass now has a brighter texture
- fixed glow glass crafting.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Can you add an alternate receipe for sweepers? They can't be crafted on Redcrabs server due to lack of junglegrass. Thus, clean glass is not possible.

Also it would be nice to be able to craft junglewood planks without junglewood. That is to some degree possible with stairs made out of plankstone wood (at least on Redcrabs server). Maybe that darker wood could be crafted with dirt+wooden planks similar to the homedecor things? Also a receipe for the clean bookshelf without a bookshelf would be good. Books are too expensive if you don't have regrowing papyrus.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

celeron55 made a branch a month ago which adds jungles and dungeons back to the game, it is currently not merged. Jungle grass also randomly generates in latest git. I know it won't apply to older worlds (in currently generated areas), just saying. :)

It makes no sense to add the ability to craft jungle wood planks without jungle wood.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Oh yes it does. Jungle wooden planks are an excellent building material. I'd like to have them on Redcrab's server. Just imagine how likely it is that he would install moretrees. And if you're afraid that a receipe might be too stupid...well...sand+coal=wool...try that in RL....
A list of my mods can be found here.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I think the best compromise would be to have a recipe in More Blocks that can craft the dark jungle tree wood found there from the lighter-colored variety found in my More Trees mod. Just call it something obvious, e.g. "dark jungle tree wood", and make it from one moretrees:jungletree_planks + 1 coal + 1 dirt or something.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

VanessaE wrote:I think the best compromise would be to have a recipe in More Blocks that can craft the dark jungle tree wood found there from the lighter-colored variety found in my More Trees mod. Just call it something obvious, e.g. "dark jungle tree wood", and make it from one moretrees:jungletree_planks + 1 coal + 1 dirt or something.
I second that option. Also, will the glowglass and super glowglass stairs ever be able to give off light? They don't do so currently.

Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Update! Now with "full", "centered" and "directional" wooden tiles. Also added a setting (in _config.txt) for enabling/disabling the ability to change the direction of wooden planks (enabled by default).

Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Some blocks and items have been renamed, if you are a texture pack author, make sure to rename the files.

Lots of code cleanups done, git repository was reset, if you are having trouble updating, delete it and clone it again.

vv221

by vv221 » Post

Calinou wrote:Some blocks and items have been renamed, if you are a texture pack author, make sure to rename the files.

Lots of code cleanups done, git repository was reset, if you are having trouble updating, delete it and clone it again.
Do you plan to update your texture pack « [256×] Minecraft Enhanced TP converted to Minetest » with the new names ?

-----

When using the last version of your mod, Minetest looks for a texture named « moreblocks_jungle_wood_fence.png », but in the textures folder it's named « moreblocks_fence_jungle_wood.png ».
Last edited by vv221 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 00:41, edited 1 time in total.

Calinou

by Calinou » Post

This shell script can be used to convert packs, place it in the texture pack's directory and run it.

I'm currently updating Minecraft Enhanced and Misa's texture pack, by the way. :P
Last edited by Calinou on Wed Mar 06, 2013 09:24, edited 1 time in total.

prestidigitator

by prestidigitator » Post

Why the heck would you clear Git history? Kind of defeats the purpose.

Anyway, I had both this mod and "stairsplus" instaled. I just tried the new version of this, and it gives this error message:

Code: Select all

...moreblocks/stairsplus.lua:5: attempt to call global 'register_stair' (a nil value)
This error goes away if the "stairsplus" mod is removed. If "stairsplus" has been integrated into this mod, nevermind this message. Otherwise, be aware that there is an incompatibility between the two.

Calinou

by Calinou » Post

prestidigitator wrote:Why the heck would you clear Git history? Kind of defeats the purpose.
Merging issues, I forgot doing a "git pull" before doing a big update, so I gave up and deleted the repository and created it again.
prestidigitator wrote:Anyway, I had both this mod and "stairsplus" instaled. I just tried the new version of this, and it gives this error message:

Code: Select all

...moreblocks/stairsplus.lua:5: attempt to call global 'register_stair' (a nil value)
This error goes away if the "stairsplus" mod is removed. If "stairsplus" has been integrated into this mod, nevermind this message. Otherwise, be aware that there is an incompatibility between the two.
Stairs+ is now a "soft dependency" of More Blocks, so if you use Stairs+, some More Blocks materials can be used as stairs/slabs/panels/microblocks.

Since More Blocks is having about "more blocks" (:P), maybe I'll merge Stairs+ in More Blocks...

edit: More Blocks and Stairs+ are now merged, added compatbility aliases for converting all Stairs+ nodes to More Blocks nodes.
Last edited by Calinou on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:17, edited 1 time in total.

deivan

by deivan » Post

Nice, but I have a big amount of unknow blocks now, ie: "moreblocks:slab_splitstonesquare_quarter_wall" not defined

Maybe some aliases solve this problem?
Last edited by deivan on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:59, edited 1 time in total.

Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Added more alises, should (hopefully) be fixed.

deivan

by deivan » Post

Testing... I have some problems:
moreblocks:stair_stonesquare
moreblocks:slab_stonesquare_wall
moreblocks:slab_splitstonesquare_quarter_wall
moreblocks:splitstonesquare
moreblocks:slab_stonesquare_quarter
moreblocks:slab_splitstonesquare_quarter_wall
moreblocks:panel_stonesquare_vertical
moreblocks:panel_stonesquare_top

Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Added more aliases, try downloading again.

prestidigitator

by prestidigitator » Post

Calinou wrote:Merging issues, I forgot doing a "git pull" before doing a big update, so I gave up and deleted the repository and created it again.
Ah. I see. Well, next time be aware that you can definitely undo bits of history without deleting the whole repository. I'm sure you can always ask here and someone can help, but generally you'll be interested in the "git reset" command and/or the "-f" option to "git branch". The "git stash" command is also often useful in these scenarios.

Like tables in Lua, Git commits that are orphaned because there are no branches or descendant commits with branches pointing at them will be automatically garbage collected at some point. No need to worry about leaving them dangling.

deivan

by deivan » Post

Testing...
All is working fine less the block moreblocks:splitstonesquare. I think this is my last problem. :-P
-*-
I found another one: moreblocks:slab_glowglass_quarter_wall
Last edited by deivan on Thu Mar 07, 2013 19:43, edited 1 time in total.

Tedypig
IRC: Piggybear87
In-game: Piggybear

by Tedypig » Post

Idea for improvement. Make this compatible with inventory plus. I hate going through 76 pages to find the one node I'm looking for. Also some of the glow glass nodes don't work (slabs, quarter nodes, etc.)
Last edited by Tedypig on Thu Mar 07, 2013 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
01010100 01100101 01100100 01111001 01110000 01101001 01100111

Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Added (super) glow glass aliases, they also emit light now. I don't know why the split stone tile alias doesn't work, though (it works for me).

deivan

by deivan » Post

Well... I will try solve this mystery. :D
Last edited by deivan on Thu Mar 07, 2013 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

deivan

by deivan » Post

Maybe this one moreblocks:splitstonesquare is now this one moreblocks:split_stone_tile. I think this is the last one wrong here. If I found the correct correspondence. :)
Last edited by deivan on Thu Mar 07, 2013 22:20, edited 1 time in total.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Tedypig wrote:Idea for improvement. Make this compatible with inventory plus. I hate going through 76 pages to find the one node I'm looking for. Also some of the glow glass nodes don't work (slabs, quarter nodes, etc.)
use Unified Inventory then
It is aviable as standalone or bundled with Technic mod.
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Thu Mar 07, 2013 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

deivan

by deivan » Post

With this line all is working well here now:
minetest.register_alias("moreblocks:splitstonesquare","moreblocks:split_stone_tile")

Tedypig
IRC: Piggybear87
In-game: Piggybear

by Tedypig » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:
Tedypig wrote:Idea for improvement. Make this compatible with inventory plus. I hate going through 76 pages to find the one node I'm looking for. Also some of the glow glass nodes don't work (slabs, quarter nodes, etc.)
use Unified Inventory then
It is aviable as standalone or bundled with Technic mod.
I am using the in game skin switching and world edit mods. Both depend on inventory plus.
01010100 01100101 01100100 01111001 01110000 01101001 01100111