MineToon

zoot686

by zoot686 » Post

I really like this texture set..........it adds a unique sense of character to the game.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

could you make animated torch textures.
Edit: also here is a little prolem so i say make more ore textures. Image
Last edited by jojoa1997 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

Gambit

by Gambit » Post

Likwid H-Craft wrote:Hey, you can use, my HD Texture when finish.

Oh btw I since you added, red blood, I will add Green or Blue blood.
I dunno. Green has always sounded silly to me. Even though this is a cartoon texture pack, I see no real need for green blood unless there was a real good reason to in terms of mobs.

I can see myself making black/red blood for more evil mobs and blue blood for sea/arthropod mobs.
jojoa1997 wrote:could you make animated torch textures.
Edit: also here is a little prolem so i say make more ore textures. Image
I already have that taken care of.
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Why is it not in the download then?
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Gambit

by Gambit » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:Why is it not in the download then?
Because it's part of 2.0, and 2.0 is not complete.

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

Looking forward to it and keep up the good work!
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Looking very good, Gambit.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Gambit

by Gambit » Post

Please test the water texture I have here. It's a huge one and I worry it might not work correctly. This texture is designed for 2.0, but you're more than welcome to use it on 1.0. You're also free to alter the image, but do not distribute the altered work. Thank You.

Image Image
Last edited by Gambit on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:05, edited 1 time in total.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Looks already good in a default texture world! Only a .png here. Maybe someone can make a video (I can't for now).

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Gambit wrote:Please test the water texture I have here. It's a huge one and I worry it might not work correctly. This texture is designed for 2.0, but you're more than welcome to use it on 1.0. You're also free to alter the image, but do not distribute the altered work. Thank You.
It looks really nice. Its a bit faster than the default water flowing, though.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Post

What you think I did to the water!

Anyways do .gif work in minetest at all?
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

No, they do not. Animated images must be tiled vertically in a PNG or JPG rather than layered as in GIFs.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Gambit

by Gambit » Post

PilzAdam wrote:It looks really nice. Its a bit faster than the default water flowing, though.
It's suppose to be faster than the default to make it seem more natural.
Likwid H-Craft wrote:What you think I did to the water!
Anyways do .gif work in minetest at all?
The shine in the upper center is not suppose to jerk up and down like that.

stcrafts

by stcrafts » Post

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want use the beautiful texture in my server,thank!!!

(My English is very poor

cry 55555555555555.......)
----------------------------------
Sorry for my bad English :I

nextmissinglink

by nextmissinglink » Post

me be nice
IF in doubt hit it with a hammer
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply id10t ERROR
do not abuse me i am 11 and i like hitting things with a hammer that may include you
this is ment to be secret http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php ... 467#p86467

nextmissinglink

Is this dead? :'(
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply id10t ERROR
do not abuse me i am 11 and i like hitting things with a hammer that may include you
this is ment to be secret http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php ... 467#p86467

nextmissinglink

oh i loved this TP it was my personnal favourite

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Gambit is taking a break from this texture pack. Wait and he'll return.

issa

by issa » Post

where is the 2.0 with water effect ??

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Busy being worked on, I think.

Melkor

by Melkor » Post

just for fun:

haha it looks like it's flowing up, opss i made a mistake
Last edited by Melkor on Wed Apr 17, 2013 16:44, edited 1 time in total.

Gambit

by Gambit » Post

Sorry for the long absent. I'm busier now with my job. Was promoted. But I am working on it still so don't worry. I've redid some renditions for the swords on my free time. I've also been messing with .lua a little more. Not sure if I truly improved much.

So to update you all, I've been exporting all the textures to Inkscape and redrawing them so they could be more flexable with resolution sizes. The past textures were mainly worked on Photoshop but they couldn't be modified easily. By moving them to Inkscape helps ease the project and further promote open-source. Now, I did use Inkscape in the past with Minetoon, but it was minimal and most of the textures were out dated. I started 2.0 with Photoshop, but now that I'm feeling like a boss with Inkscape, it would be more suitable using that more.

Another thing to let you all know, I've been putting together a personal wiki of Minetest that I made myself that's stored away in my Onenote Journals. Basicly I've been thinking of ideas to branch the game away from the ideas of Minecraft or Minetest. It's a lot more grounded I think, which is why I can't discuss much about it unless it's finish.

That's all I have for now. This is more of a haitus memo for everyone. My time has become restricted now that I have a promotion. I wish you all the best of luck and thank you all for being good sports and supporting the texture pack. I'm still shocked to see that it is still the most popular Minetest exclusive texture pack on the forum.

I wish I could stay longer, but there are deeds that need to be done. Don't worry, I'm still updating as the times goes. See ya in a while.

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Gambit wrote:Sorry for the long absent. I'm busier now with my job. Was promoted. But I am working on it still so don't worry. I've redid some renditions for the swords on my free time. I've also been messing with .lua a little more. Not sure if I truly improved much.

So to update you all, I've been exporting all the textures to Inkscape and redrawing them so they could be more flexable with resolution sizes. The past textures were mainly worked on Photoshop but they couldn't be modified easily. By moving them to Inkscape helps ease the project and further promote open-source. Now, I did use Inkscape in the past with Minetoon, but it was minimal and most of the textures were out dated. I started 2.0 with Photoshop, but now that I'm feeling like a boss with Inkscape, it would be more suitable using that more.

Another thing to let you all know, I've been putting together a personal wiki of Minetest that I made myself that's stored away in my Onenote Journals. Basicly I've been thinking of ideas to branch the game away from the ideas of Minecraft or Minetest. It's a lot more grounded I think, which is why I can't discuss much about it unless it's finish.

That's all I have for now. This is more of a haitus memo for everyone. My time has become restricted now that I have a promotion. I wish you all the best of luck and thank you all for being good sports and supporting the texture pack. I'm still shocked to see that it is still the most popular Minetest exclusive texture pack on the forum.

I wish I could stay longer, but there are deeds that need to be done. Don't worry, I'm still updating as the times goes. See ya in a while.
A promotion is better than no promotion.

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Gambit wrote:Sorry for the long absent. I'm busier now with my job. Was promoted. But I am working on it still so don't worry. I've redid some renditions for the swords on my free time. I've also been messing with .lua a little more. Not sure if I truly improved much.

Nice to hear that you try your best to continue Minetoon.