Minetest 0.4.5 released!

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

I know I said I'd work on this today, but that's a lot to take in, and my mind isn't at 100% right now (I'm fighting off a bad flu). I'll try see what I can do when I'm feeling up to it. It should be an interesting learning experience.

From the sounds of it, I think I'll try Xyz's way first. Having a singular package would be awesome.

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

VanessaE wrote:If you wanna build a deb package (also works for rpm and I think slackware also), use "checkinstall". It's included in most distro repositories these days and is very easy to use. Command-line driven, can be interactive or not, as needed.
Checkinstall is not recommended for distributable packages as it can sometimes fudge the dependencies. It is meant mainly for integrating a classic compile-build-install-run package into apt. That is, it allows it to be removed via dpkg, and also allows it to satisfy a dependency in some cases.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

rulion.burg

by rulion.burg » Post

I like v.0.4.5 but i cannot make bot with my crafting table,, how to make it that,,, can you add a train for make rail work
Just play game and want have a friend

Sorry my bad english

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

rulion.burg wrote:I like v.0.4.5 but i cannot make bot with my crafting table,, how to make it that,,, can you add a train for make rail work
You need to get the carts mod. As for bots, I am still working on those and you need yo run them on the client side.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.

lord_james

by lord_james » Post

It doesn't work. When I open minetest ,OS shows an advise to me and close the game. Other Xyz's builds work on the box.

rulion.burg

by rulion.burg » Post

rarkenin wrote:You need to get the carts mod. As for bots, I am still working on those and you need yo run them on the client side.
sorry,,, am replay to late,,, oke thank rarkenin,, now i have carts carts in my world game,,,, but one i want have to,,, you can share with me mods boats for use in water,, sory my bad english,,

Sorry my bad english

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

rulion.burg wrote:
rarkenin wrote:You need to get the carts mod. As for bots, I am still working on those and you need yo run them on the client side.
sorry,,, am replay to late,,, oke thank rarkenin,, now i have carts carts in my world game,,,, but one i want have to,,, you can share with me mods boats for use in water,, sory my bad english,,
Boats are in the sporting goods section. Right this way.

http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4016

nextmissinglink

by nextmissinglink » Post

please make a .deb for ubuntu
IF in doubt hit it with a hammer
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply id10t ERROR
do not abuse me i am 11 and i like hitting things with a hammer that may include you
this is ment to be secret http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php ... 467#p86467

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

0gb.us wrote:
rulion.burg wrote:

<offtopic>Sporting goods? You don't mean to say "self-torture"?</offtopic>

rulion.burg

by rulion.burg » Post

0gb.us wrote:

thanks ogb my friend.... now i have question... how to protect area in my server,, and i need the spawn place how to make it that,,, if i write /sethome, /spawnentity, command said invalid command or empty spawnentity name,,, if set /spawnentity myname they show me unknow

thanks for help

Sorry my bad english

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

rulion.burg wrote:
0gb.us wrote:

thanks ogb my friend.... now i have question... how to protect area in my server,, and i need the spawn place how to make it that,,, if i write /sethome, /spawnentity, command said invalid command or empty spawnentity name,,, if set /spawnentity myname they show me unknow

thanks for help
/spawnentity is for debugging purposes. I recommend the 0gb_us modpack.

It contains warp points, land claims, and a ton of other fancy stuff/
Last edited by rarkenin on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:27, edited 1 time in total.

rulion.burg

by rulion.burg » Post

rarkenin wrote:

wait,, i've been try it

sorry I can not use,,, I use windows,,
for mods version. git I do not think so, when I put in the folder ogb.us_game mods, appears an error like this 18:31:59: ERROR [main]: Server: Failed to load and run C: \ Documents and Settings \
myname \ Desktop \ minetest-0.4.5 \ bin \ .. \ mods \ minetest \ 0gb.us_game \ init.lua
18:31:59: ERROR [main]: ModError: Failed to load and run C: \ Documents and Settings
s \ RULIONBURG \ Desktop \ minetest-0.4.5 \ bin \ .. \ mods \ minetest \ 0gb.us_game \ init.lua

nothing it wrong with the steps I did
Last edited by rulion.burg on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:39, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry my bad english

nextmissinglink

by nextmissinglink » Post

how to make fire?
IF in doubt hit it with a hammer
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply id10t ERROR
do not abuse me i am 11 and i like hitting things with a hammer that may include you
this is ment to be secret http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php ... 467#p86467

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

nextmissinglink wrote:how to make fire?
Place lava near a flamable node (e.g. leaves, wood).

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

rulion.burg wrote:
rarkenin wrote:

wait,, i've been try it

for mods version. git I do not think so, when I put in the folder ogb.us_game mods, appears an error like this 18:31:59: ERROR [main]: Server: Failed to load and run C: \ Documents and Settings \
myname \ Desktop \ minetest-0.4.5 \ bin \ .. \ mods \ minetest \ 0gb.us_game \ init.lua
18:31:59: ERROR [main]: ModError: Failed to load and run C: \ Documents and Settings
s \ RULIONBURG \ Desktop \ minetest-0.4.5 \ bin \ .. \ mods \ minetest \ 0gb.us_game \ init.lua

That's becuase it's not a modpack as Rarkenin suggested, but you installed it as one. 0gb.us_game is a game, not a modpack. It need to go in your games directory, not the "mods" directory.

Although, doing that will only get you so far. I couldn't find a non-hacky way to get several of the features to work on Windows. So unless you plan to upgrade to Linux, land claims and warp points would be disabled.

rulion.burg

by rulion.burg » Post

0gb.us wrote:
rulion.burg wrote:
rarkenin wrote:

wait,, i've been try it

That's becuase it's not a modpack as Rarkenin suggested, but you installed it as one. 0gb.us_game is a game, not a modpack. It need to go in your games directory, not the "mods" directory.

Although, doing that will only get you so far. I couldn't find a non-hacky way to get several of the features to work on Windows. So unless you plan to upgrade to Linux, land claims and warp points would be disabled.
I'am not sure want to upgrade my windows or not,,, to linux,,,, i thing with xp can better to play minetest,,,,, yesterday i put your folder mods to minetest_game its working,,, not ogb.us_game folder,,,, am happy now :D...... By the way how to found lava in minetest 0.4.5 in server with mods default

Sorry my bad english

prestidigitator

by prestidigitator » Post

Dig down. WAY down.

shadowwraith

by shadowwraith » Post

Please bring back the Ubuntu Daily builds, it's been 10 days since the last build why the sudden stop?

i'm not comfortable going through the source build route, because it means installing a load of unnecessary packages along with dependants of those packages, then download the game source, extract it, then compile it, just to install and play the game assuming the compile was successful, not to mention in the read me there is no mention whether the dev and other packages required have to be 32bit or 64bit.

where as before you just installed the PPA. install the first daily build

and once each day - sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

no mess no fuss, clean and simple.

So please bring back the debian packages.
"Spill some blood for me dear Brother" Vicente Valtiare, Oblivion

Currently using Minetest 0.4.7 Ubuntu Daily Build on Ubuntustudio 13.10 Saucy Salamander 64bit (based on Ubuntu 13:10)
Trolls will be shot on sight!!!

Hgdavidy

by Hgdavidy » Post

This version dont work for me.

At run the .exe show the console some seconds and break.

This in Window 7 Ult 64bits
Net Framework 3.0 , 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 installed.

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Go to the bin folder and delete debug.txt. Run the exe again, then open the new debug.txt and paste the contents please!

Hgdavidy

by Hgdavidy » Post

Traxie21 wrote:Go to the bin folder and delete debug.txt. Run the exe again, then open the new debug.txt and paste the contents please!
This dont create any debug file,and in the console dont show nothing

My computer are in spanish, problem of new lang files ?
Last edited by Hgdavidy on Sat Mar 09, 2013 21:19, edited 1 time in total.

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Strange. Are you using xyz's windows builds? If not, use those.

Hgdavidy

by Hgdavidy » Post

Traxie21 wrote:Strange. Are you using xyz's windows builds? If not, use those.
I using the .zip from downloads of original website.

But with the build of xyz's is the same...

Works fine all versions but from

16.02.13 — celeron55/minetest@8d920dd09b2c354bf9993d9184132f7f2a68b027 — .zip
to
05.03.13 — Minetest 0.4.5 — minetest/minetest@038529c7638ce48525df9c0ae610d99f2e58aedc — .zip

Dont work
Last edited by Hgdavidy on Sat Mar 09, 2013 21:26, edited 1 time in total.

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Wait. Xyz's builds are for 32-bit Windows.... Try using PilzAdam or stfan5's builds instead.

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Hgdavidy wrote:
Traxie21 wrote:Go to the bin folder and delete debug.txt. Run the exe again, then open the new debug.txt and paste the contents please!
This dont create any debug file,and in the console dont show nothing

My computer are in spanish, problem of new lang files ?
What does the console show?