Post your screenshots!

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Post

PilzAdam wrote:The mountains get higher the farther you are away from the center of the map:
That is stupid. The (horizontal) mapgen should be independent from where you are. Otherwise the first thing people would do after starting a new map is "/teleport 20000,0,0" just to have the mapgen they want.
There should be a very very large scale perlin noise to do this.

Despite of this;

High Mountains! Yeah! *dancing around*

Last edited by Casimir on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:30, edited 1 time in total.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

PilzAdam wrote:Comparison between 0, 2 and 16 times antialiasing (fsaa in minetest.conf):
I don't see a difference.

BlockMen
Developer
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Post

PilzAdam wrote:Comparison between 0, 2 and 16 times antialiasing (fsaa in minetest.conf):
Awesome. With Antialiasing it looks much better!

And a question i have after seen the screenshot: Would it be possible to make the selection box outline a bit more descreet? Or reduce the thickness? Or change the color to grey?

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

BlockMen wrote:
Awesome. With Antialiasing it looks much better!

And a question i have after seen the screenshot: Would it be possible to make the selection box outline a bit more descreet? Or reduce the thickness? Or change the color to grey?
You can change the color of it in minetest.conf with selectionbox_color = (R,G,B), but you cant change the alpha channel or the thickness.

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Topywo wrote:
The difference is pretty small, but there is one and you notice it when playing the game. You can zoom in to see it better.

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Casimir wrote:
PilzAdam wrote:The mountains get higher the farther you are away from the center of the map:
That is stupid. The (horizontal) mapgen should be independent from where you are. Otherwise the first thing people would do after starting a new map is "/teleport 20000,0,0" just to have the mapgen they want.
I thought the same when I heard this the first time, but when looking at the landscape I think its a pretty nice idea.
The terrain at the middle of the map looks normal, but when you walk farther away the terrain gets very extreme. You cant really walk or build there. When we would have this extreme terrain in the whole map, nobody could build anything there, when we dont have it then the map is boring.
So generating larger mountains at the edge of the map is a nice compromise.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
Casimir wrote:
I thought the same when I heard this the first time, but when looking at the landscape I think its a pretty nice idea.
The terrain at the middle of the map looks normal, but when you walk farther away the terrain gets very extreme. You cant really walk or build there. When we would have this extreme terrain in the whole map, nobody could build anything there, when we dont have it then the map is boring.
So generating larger mountains at the edge of the map is a nice compromise.
i am on 0gb's server and am travelling past 10000,0,10000 and i cant find papyurus or clay cause it is all up and down with the mountains.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

BorisGrishenko

by BorisGrishenko » Post

Ahh mountains, Now I can live like an outdoors man!
PilzAdam wrote:Here is a screenshot with the latest indev map generator. The mountains get higher the farther you are away from the center of the map:
This screenshot was taken nearly at the edge of the map. Im already standing at a mountain that is 60 nodes high and the mountain I am watching at is higher than 200 nodes. (I have set the cloud height to 500).
Hi, I'm this guy at his home somewhere in a very hot place.
Currently working on houses based in real and virtual worlds.
Judge Minister Claude Frollo should be a Disney Prince.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
Topywo wrote:
The difference is pretty small, but there is one and you notice it when playing the game. You can zoom in to see it better.
Thanks, after zooming in I saw the difference.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:i am on 0gb's server and am travelling past 10000,0,10000 and i cant find papyurus or clay cause it is all up and down with the mountains.
Good that you tested it. After some thoughts I also like the higher mountains at the edge.

Maybe everything that grows should have sapplings (seeds) like the trees, to make them renewable. Clay is something different. I don't know how to 'realistic' regenerate it.

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Note that anti-aliasing causes edges to appear between blocks.

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Calinou wrote:Note that anti-aliasing causes edges to appear between blocks.
I havent seen any yet.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I saw something on Github about large caves. What do these look like and where are they/how often are they found? There could be flat valleys and canyons in the mountainous regions, and the jungles could be set to grow only at a certain height (with them in the valleys and canyons and on the lower mountains.) Deserts, I suppose, could appear at any height, though with cactuses being at the same altitudes that jungles would appear in. Sand, hopefully, will be allowed to appear at any altitude, though sandstone could take its place at high altitudes.

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

Topywo wrote:Clay is something different. I don't know how to 'realistic' regenerate it.
What if a dirt node + a bucket of water → clay + an empty bucket?
Last edited by Menche on Sun Mar 17, 2013 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

Menche wrote:
Topywo wrote:Clay is something different. I don't know how to 'realistic' regenerate it.
What if a dirt node + a bucket of water → clay + an empty bucket?
That would devalue clay.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

fwiw, clay + bucket of water + dirt = lump of raw terracotta + empty bucket, in homedecor.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Topywo wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:i am on 0gb's server and am travelling past 10000,0,10000 and i cant find papyurus or clay cause it is all up and down with the mountains.
Good that you tested it. After some thoughts I also like the higher mountains at the edge.

Maybe everything that grows should have sapplings (seeds) like the trees, to make them renewable. Clay is something different. I don't know how to 'realistic' regenerate it.
Yes, great idea. I was trying to find a way to make jungle grass and dry shrub regrowth an a non-hacky way, and seeds might be just what we need.

Renewabillity is an important thing for old maps and maps that plan to live long enough to become old maps.

prestidigitator

by prestidigitator » Post

Don't know how realistic, but how about dirt + gravel + water -> sludge; cook sludge -> clay

doyousketch2
GitHub: doyousketch2
In-game: Sketch2

by doyousketch2 » Post

Made a pirate ship - with Dylan5

jin_xi

by jin_xi » Post

candy biome

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Is that an actual modded biome? Or did you simply build that?

jin_xi

by jin_xi » Post

i'm working on something that can generate those and other structures (somewhat similar to and inspired from l-system treegen). i hope to make it into a mod (and patch) that creates varied themed biomes.

nextmissinglink

by nextmissinglink » Post

please post a worldedit of star trek spaceships
IF in doubt hit it with a hammer
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply id10t ERROR
do not abuse me i am 11 and i like hitting things with a hammer that may include you
this is ment to be secret http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php ... 467#p86467

doyousketch2
GitHub: doyousketch2
In-game: Sketch2

by doyousketch2 » Post

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

nextmissinglink wrote:please post a worldedit of star trek spaceships
Mauvebic does not use WorldEdit moron.