Redcrab's server

Neuro

by Neuro » Post

hola guys im here but not ingame, my son came into this world 03-10-13 at 4:51 pm EST i wont be on for awhile but i will visit sometimes, when i get a better job ill try to be online more, also during the summer. his name is Chase Riley S.(not revealing last name Rev knows what it is though cuz its on my Skype) well happy building guys when i have time ill post a pic of Chase
"Get busy Living or Get busy Dying" ~Alexander Supertramp

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Neuro wrote:hola guys im here but not ingame, my son came into this world 03-10-13 at 4:51 pm EST i wont be on for awhile but i will visit sometimes, when i get a better job ill try to be online more, also during the summer. his name is Chase Riley S.(not revealing last name Rev knows what it is though cuz its on my Skype) well happy building guys when i have time ill post a pic of Chase
Congratulations with the birth of your son!

KoalaBear

by KoalaBear » Post

cactuz_pl wrote:
KoalaBear wrote: woahwoahwoahwoooooooah! Hold on! Are you saying IM the griefer!?!? I was the one who got griefed!!
Let me explain:
You griefed road, so I rolled back ALL your actions, I should ban you for that but I think losing all buildings is enough punishment.

So now I have nothing?
Yolo :)

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

What happened to New Riverwood? Blocked doors in front of some houses and:

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

ch98 wrote:If anyone hits land # 568 while gigging a tunnel, tell Reverand or Me (ch98) for the land. If it does not go to surface inside the land, it will be allowed. (I want only 1 entrance to that place. sorry)
thank you! That was a helpful post. I hope others will follow (if not in posting than at least in behaviour, that is - fascilitate building of roads). Not going to the surface is a perfectly reasonable request. So thank you! And build something nice :-))
Last edited by Sokomine on Mon Mar 18, 2013 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
A list of my mods can be found here.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

KoalaBear wrote:So now I have nothing?
Yes.

Unless you want me to comply with the rules.
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php ... 529#p61529
Nope

KoalaBear

by KoalaBear » Post

Wasnt that road BAGPIPE's? I wouldent of destroyed it otherwise

jacksfilms

by jacksfilms » Post

I would like to protect this area if possible: 19, 37, 1371, x -22, 37, 1381. Thanks.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

VanessaE wrote:The mapgen bug that is occurring now has nothing to do with the amount of memory or hard disk space on the server. It is a problem with the way the map data is stored - as SQLite files. At 4GB and above, SQLite doesn't function reliably, leading to corrupted maps.

There is work being done to bring LevelDB to minetest as an alternate database backend, which may solve the map size problem. This can be expected fairly soon. Existing SQLite maps will have to be repaired (if corrupted) and converted over to LevelDB format to benefit from that backend.

A similar-looking bug can also occur if the server runs out of hard disk space, which is what happened a while back when the spawn got so badly ravaged, but that is a completely different issue. There has been some work being done to address that bug, but as far as I know no fix has been implemented yet.
mapgen bug was caused by hard disk space is what redcrab says. Server map is more then 9 GB but running fine.
redcrab wrote:
ch98 wrote: (...)
I have hard that more than 4 GB maap will cause big bugs (mapgen bug). Is the server on modifyed minetest?
Currently on this server the mapgen bug were caused due to lack of free space on the disk storage but not due to map size
The current map may be still corrupted from these pasts "lack of free space" events.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

ch98: are you sure that statement is still true? I mean, the bug map crash we had a while back was indeed due to lack of disk space, but the current issues?
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

ch98

by ch98 » Post

VanessaE wrote:ch98: are you sure that statement is still true? I mean, the bug map crash we had a while back was indeed due to lack of disk space, but the current issues?
it was posted at: 18 Mar 2013, 11:10 on http://minetestbb.suret.net/phpbb/viewt ... 33c52721db
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Well fair enough then. Guess I better make sure I never run out of space on mine! :-)
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

SinbadShalazar

by SinbadShalazar » Post

Pikachu @Noogah's town

BAGPIPE

by BAGPIPE » Post

Thank you for the protection, Soko
My username tells almost everything about me.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

So does that mean the 4 GiB threat is not a threat?

ch98

by ch98 » Post

0gb.us wrote:So does that mean the 4 GiB threat is not a threat?
no. it is not.

KoalaBear

by KoalaBear » Post

I was wondering,
would it be possible to create a minetest 'guild'? This idea intrigues me and I would love to be part of a group of people devoted to the game! PM me if you are interested in this, or post a reply.

BTW- i only post this here because many people on this server i enjoy building and talking with.

redcrab

by redcrab » Post

ch98 wrote:
no. it is not.
In fact sqlite may handle ~140 Terabyte database (no index , small record ...)
The threat come from 2 aspects ..
. OS and File System limit .. Windows vs Linux and FAT vs NTFS vs EXT etc...
. the way you kill the process that handle the database (if a wild kill occurs during writing .. that may corrupt the database)
0.4 for serious builder click here
Dedicated Minetest redcrab server forum at http://minetestbb.suret.net

It's nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Adarqet

by Adarqet » Post

How do you remove a home?

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

redcrab wrote:
ch98 wrote:
no. it is not.
In fact sqlite may handle ~140 Terabyte database (no index , small record ...)
The threat come from 2 aspects ..
. OS and File System limit .. Windows vs Linux and FAT vs NTFS vs EXT etc...
. the way you kill the process that handle the database (if a wild kill occurs during writing .. that may corrupt the database)
Awesome. I'm using Linux/EXT, and I use "killall -2" to shut down the server, so I guess I've been freaking out over nothing. Thanks for the information!

redcrab

by redcrab » Post

Adarqet wrote:How do you remove a home?
What do you mean by removing a home ?
0.4 for serious builder click here
Dedicated Minetest redcrab server forum at http://minetestbb.suret.net

It's nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

ohi redcrab!

Adarqet

by Adarqet » Post

redcrab wrote:
Adarqet wrote:How do you remove a home?
What do you mean by removing a home ?
I mean the set home thing. I want to remove the homewarp place.

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Well, you can change it with /sethome again, but I doubt you can remove it.

AspireMint
GitHub: AspireMint
IRC: AspireMint
In-game: AspireMint

by AspireMint » Post

Hello :)

:D
"Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts."

"There's 🧁for you, 🧁for me, 🧁for sale, 🧁for free"

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass, and I've just finished my milk!" ― Maurice Moss