*Sigh* I knew this day would come..

ch98

by ch98 » Post

I thought owned ares amount of redcrab's server was crazy but after seeing this topic, I think it is the only way for server to survive.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

I hate this this is the very first server I eer played until griefing started to happen so I moved to redcrabs I never thought that they would go this far!!!!
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

cheapie
GitHub: cheapie
IRC: cheapie
In-game: cheapie

by cheapie » Post

I just went on there to stare at the rubble, and saw the user list - {landmine, LandMine, cheapie, Bad_Command}. Bad_Command was afk, of course. Then this happened:

<cheapie> Landmine is on here TWICE? *sigh*
<landmine> so?
<cheapie> Just... why?
<landmine> gtfo
<cheapie> Why, so you can grief in peace?
<landmine> yeha
(Yes, he really said "yeha". I think he meant "yeah")
-- This account is no longer active --
My mods have moved to: https://cheapiesystems.com/git

LandMine

by LandMine » Post

I am not to be portraid as the evil man here....there is someone who has been griefing recently. someman7/baembaem/babylon/ and other various nicks this is his recent grief

he says he griefs griefers but what did these guys do to him?
List Of My Creative Servers - http://planetminetest.com
The Walls - PvP Map - http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2906

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

LandMine wrote:I am not to be portraid as the evil man here....there is someone who has been griefing recently. someman7/baembaem/babylon/ and other various nicks this is his recent grief
SNIP

he says he griefs griefers but what did these guys do to him?
Oh, my, that is some serious damage.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

Bad_Command_

by Bad_Command_ » Post

Hiya,

Things certainly did get bad around the spawn on the server. Greify and newbie debris everywhere. Plus someone constructed some sort of airtight dungeon thing under the spawn and put one-way teleporter pads to no-man's land in it. That was a bit of a WTF moment when I spawned down there... Plus the teleporter mainframe was destroyed by a player who thought he could hold the coordinates ransom or something.

I have cleaned up the map a bit the past while. Most of the damage has been confined to the spawn area. The teleporter mainframe has been restored, and the spawn has mostly been cleaned up. Landmine has actually helped a bit with the clean-up (of course, he's done other things too...)

The automatic build privileges thing is a problem on the server. Build privileges used to be tied to the forums for authentication, but the gameboom forums are down (they were kinda seriously hacked.) So it is a bit of a free-for-all at the moment.

The big problem at the moment is with a particular user on the server. He's obsessed with griefing anything I do. He's equipped with a self-entitled, threatening and paranoid mentality. I can only ban on sight...

Anyhow, here are some screenshots:
^^ The spawn area. The giant block of lava is my castle thing. The lava is fresh grief...

My castle. The lava and water is grief by that user...it was build protected after he tore it down once. So he flooded it with lava from the edges of the protected area...

More liquid grief...not my structure though.

The teleporter mainframe room. The pads lead to various communities and structures on the map, if you haven't been there before.

Cheapie, people multi-account like that on the server to set up teleporter pads. The teleporters are configured to require that they are paired; when so configured a player has to be near the exit teleporter pad to keep it active.

Cheers.

YoYoBuddy

by YoYoBuddy » Post

I, as a member of PewDiePie's bro army, YoYoBuddy, vow to help gameboom server recover on weekends.
“People are more difficult to work with than machines. And when you break a
person, he can't be fixed."

-Rick Riordan

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

YoYoBuddy wrote:I, as a member of PewDiePie's bro army, YoYoBuddy, vow to help gameboom server recover on weekends.
I too will help as I can. I've learned quite a few things about fixing things with limited resources from 0gb.us:30000.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

Aqua

by Aqua » Post

It's great to see the Gameboom server slowly recovering and the huge support by other people on the forums! And about what LandMine said, I believe he is right. Last year around christmas the , baembaem, was chatting to me, saying how useless and crap the moderator was, Bad_command. He seemed really pissed. Then griefing started, he was starting to get suspicious, avoiding me and not talking to me. But anyway great to see Gameboom recovering, both it's website and server.
Last edited by Aqua on Thu Mar 21, 2013 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
Hi there ^.~

ghostshell

by ghostshell » Post

hi, we are coming up with a plan to deal with the griefers. gameboom is not dead, but needs change.

some of the ideas floating around:

1- purchase of land from a central "bank":
  • so in effect the bank owns the whole world.
  • using the Nodex mod to establish a central exchange and extend it to include real estate
  • land is priced from the spawn point (most expensive) and decreasing radially away from it
  • purchased land increases the value of the land around it
  • griefers would either have to grief really far away from town or actually engage in commerce to earn money (unlikely)
2- a new alert node "batphone" that will send out notices to admins whenever abuse is detected

or the extreme:

3- limiting new users to X time of usage until they upgrade to a PRO account

these changes might seem excessive, but considering the amount of time people spend on their creations this is nothing.

i'll keep you posted

Dopium

by Dopium » Post

Great to see Bad and Ghost are back and i shall return as it was my favorite server, spent so much time working on projects there. Is there a chance the server will be updated to 0.4.5 and some the mods need an update too. Looking forward to finishing projects i was in the middle of
Running @1.19 MHz, 128 bytes of RAM and interchangeable 4kb ROM carts!

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

I suggest using travel net since it is better than a bad teleport system.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

YoYoBuddy

by YoYoBuddy » Post

The sever needs to be whitelist. Also, you likely the avatar i found?
<---------

-Rick Riordan

YoYoBuddy

by YoYoBuddy » Post

Btw, I am very reliable if you need an admin, with me, Grief = BAN HAMMER

-Rick Riordan

ghostshell

by ghostshell » Post

Dopium wrote:Great to see Bad and Ghost are back and i shall return as it was my favorite server, spent so much time working on projects there. Is there a chance the server will be updated to 0.4.5 and some the mods need an update too. Looking forward to finishing projects i was in the middle of
we are currently testing 0.4.5 ... the world has been mostly obliterated (griefed) but we'll try to salvage what we can and port over. but the world will be new. i have updated most of the mods and added new ones. i wont add mods that dont add value to users (no nyan cats or whatever).

ghostshell

by ghostshell » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:I suggest using travel net since it is better than a bad teleport system.
i think we can have both. our server wont allow fly or teleport commands, but i will leave fast and crafted teleports.

ghostshell

by ghostshell » Post

YoYoBuddy wrote:Btw, I am very reliable if you need an admin, with me, Grief = BAN HAMMER
we are actually moving away from admins. i think people can govern themselves just fine, as long as they have the right tools. and the new economic society will deter griefers (i hope).

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

ghostshell wrote:
YoYoBuddy wrote:Btw, I am very reliable if you need an admin, with me, Grief = BAN HAMMER
we are actually moving away from admins. i think people can govern themselves just fine, as long as they have the right tools. and the new economic society will deter griefers (i hope).
I dream of a world without admins and moderators. People should be able to manage themselves. I'm still trying to set up systems to make that work as well as it can.

YoYoBuddy

by YoYoBuddy » Post

Hey, I'm trying to come on, but it won't work...

-Rick Riordan

222jkm

by 222jkm » Post

WHERE IS GAMEBOOM????? WHY CAN I NOT LOG ON BAD COMMAND?? HELLO???

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

222jkm wrote:WHERE IS GAMEBOOM????? WHY CAN I NOT LOG ON BAD COMMAND?? HELLO???
Did you try this adress? (I didn't test)

viewtopic.php?id=5451

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

I'm gonna log in, and try to lend a hand.

EDIT: It gives a nice Access Violation.
Last edited by hoodedice on Mon Jul 29, 2013 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

Aqua

by Aqua » Post

I doubt GameBoom will ever return to its past state. It's gone. Most likely forever.
Hi there ^.~

ndjdjksisksk

by ndjdjksisksk » Post

i to will help with the recovery (what version of minetest does this use
nvm about me leaving minetest but i probably will for a while because i have nothing to do in this comunity becaise i can't make a server. my username is going to change i will make a new acount called stormchaser3000