Redcrab's server

redcrab

by redcrab » Post

Update

travelnet mod added with git pull 22/03/2013 version
0.4 for serious builder click here
Dedicated Minetest redcrab server forum at http://minetestbb.suret.net

It's nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

mcwillis08

by mcwillis08 » Post

oh i for got to say the cords for my parkour course the cords are -100,45,1700
If you see something dangerous and you are weak, go away

mcwillis08

by mcwillis08 » Post

one last request probably
can someone delete all of the protected areas that i have because i dont want them and i want to protect my house
thank you and let me know when its done please

MisterBananas

by MisterBananas » Post

Not sure if maybe I missed the warning message and it was coincidence, or what. But I was trying out the Travelnet mod. Pretty cool. But as soon as I used it to warp from one place to another the "Server Shutting Down" message popped up.

:::EDIT:::

Just confirmed it. Warping with the Travelnet causes the server to shut down. Don't know why.
Last edited by MisterBananas on Fri Mar 22, 2013 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
Pkmn White 2 FC: 4213-1790-7873

MisterBananas

by MisterBananas » Post

mcwillis08 wrote:one last request probably
can someone delete all of the protected areas that i have because i dont want them and i want to protect my house
thank you and let me know when its done please
You can do that yourself.
/list_areas will show you the areas you have protected.
/remove_areas followed by the number designation of the area you want to release will get the job done.
Pkmn White 2 FC: 4213-1790-7873

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

The travelnet mod ought to have no such effect. A possibility might be diffrent versions of Minetest - the ability to set the direction the player looks at is relatively new. Since all the servers it was tested with are more of the recent/experimental kind, there was no problem.
That bug is now fixed. If the server does not know how to set the direction into which the player looks, that function is not called, thus no crash.
Also the fancy beam effect that seems to rather confuse players (and costs valuable cpu time on Redcrabs server) has been disabled by default.

Please pull the latest git! And thank you for installing the mod. Sorry for the crash :-( I think the mod will help a lot to facilitate travelling. Players don't have to press w+e for several minutes to get to intresting places - we can connect them through the travelnet. And regions for new players to settle are much easier to access. Even the not-yet-diggable tunnel part in the western highway can be bridged now.
A list of my mods can be found here.

mcwillis08

by mcwillis08 » Post

i have tried but it just wont let me
fyi i dont need help with the parkour course im taking it down

brmarko3

by brmarko3 » Post

Here goes my flag... Its at... Well, the coords are in the img =P

ch98

by ch98 » Post

redcrab wrote:Update

why does good thing happn when i can't play?
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

oxenfreedan wrote:You sound a lot like my problem ch98! Stupid trash computers XD

never use pc when mac can be used. my mac is ppc so minetest dos not run on it, and internet is faster on kindle.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

brmarko3

by brmarko3 » Post

Please... I need to protect 912, -500, 111 ~ 1180, 500, 213
-> Markh

Immanuel_Kant

by Immanuel_Kant » Post

map gen bug is back .-.

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Immanuel_Kant wrote:map gen bug is back .-.
Really? Where?

ch98

by ch98 » Post

Sokomine wrote:The travelnet mod ought to have no such effect. A possibility might be diffrent versions of Minetest - the ability to set the direction the player looks at is relatively new. Since all the servers it was tested with are more of the recent/experimental kind, there was no problem.
That bug is now fixed. If the server does not know how to set the direction into which the player looks, that function is not called, thus no crash.
Also the fancy beam effect that seems to rather confuse players (and costs valuable cpu time on Redcrabs server) has been disabled by default.

Please pull the latest git! And thank you for installing the mod. Sorry for the crash :-( I think the mod will help a lot to facilitate travelling. Players don't have to press w+e for several minutes to get to intresting places - we can connect them through the travelnet. And regions for new players to settle are much easier to access. Even the not-yet-diggable tunnel part in the western highway can be bridged now.
after it is updated, lets make telepoter station near spawn going to all importent places.(like effel tower top.)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

I've already connected some places (Desert City, New Riverwood, Tulune), but couldn't really do so with the Eiffel tower and some other places due to protection. As cactus is hardly difficult to reach, adding those places will only be a matter of time. I havn't managed to travel successfully down to the (abandomed) underground city, which is another intresting place. On that network, I'd like to show those places on the server that are excellent and will hopefully attract further builders - stations for tourists.

There are many towns settled by several players which maybe ought to be put on their own network (each one can only hold 24 stations) so that they can be reached easier. Since most are settled by diffrent players, the quality of each house varies. Those towns where there is actual 'life' are usually especially attracitve for new players.

If you have diffrent opinions about how the networs ought to be constructed, please tell. We might even set up a hub somewhere where everyone could place connections to his own network.
A list of my mods can be found here.

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

I think underworld is connected now. IK and I want to bring it back to its old glory.

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

ch98 wrote:
oxenfreedan wrote:You sound a lot like my problem ch98! Stupid trash computers XD

never use pc when mac can be used. my mac is ppc so minetest dos not run on it, and internet is faster on kindle.
Mac sucks!!!! Linux and windows all the way!!!
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

jacksfilms

by jacksfilms » Post

ch98 wrote:

I can't play right now :-/ ''Connecting....." but never connects.

Linxx

by Linxx » Post

jacksfilms wrote:
ch98 wrote:

I can't play right now :-/ ''Connecting....." but never connects.
same for me

BAGPIPE

by BAGPIPE » Post

How many teleporting networks are there?, I've found 2
Make that 3
Last edited by BAGPIPE on Sat Mar 23, 2013 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
My username tells almost everything about me.

jacksfilms

by jacksfilms » Post

Also: Whenever I try to connect it takes forever. When i leave and come back, my computer is frozen and I have to retsart. I won't be online for a while due to that. Happy building.

BAGPIPE

by BAGPIPE » Post

jacksfilms wrote:Also: Whenever I try to connect it takes forever. When i leave and come back, my computer is frozen and I have to retsart. I won't be online for a while due to that. Happy building.
Is it taking A long time to connect or for it to do "waiting content"?, For me the last few days it takes me a minute or two to connect.
My username tells almost everything about me.

doyousketch2
GitHub: doyousketch2
In-game: Sketch2

by doyousketch2 » Post

There's this guy, john, that decided to get extremely annoying when sweet-caboo mentioned the song Jingle Bells.

He started ripping on religion because he's an atheist, and wouldn't drop the subject after even after a doz requests to stop.

Everybody wanted him to drop the subject, and he wouldn't shut it, driving others outta the game, and her to tears.

Plus he got all creepy-stalker-ish and started following her around.

Keep an eye on him, I think he's just there to pester people.

john7

by john7 » Post

doyousketch2 wrote:There's this guy, john, that decided to get extremely annoying when sweet-caboo mentioned the song Jingle Bells.

He started ripping on religion because he's an atheist, and wouldn't drop the subject after even after a doz requests to stop.

Everybody wanted him to drop the subject, and he wouldn't shut it, driving others outta the game, and her to tears.

Plus he got all creepy-stalker-ish and started following her around.

Keep an eye on him, I think he's just there to pester people.
First of all, i did not stalk her. Second, how do you know she was in tears, three I'm sorry for my behavior.

GermanGuy

by GermanGuy » Post

Uumm...WTF i this?I can't destroy this with something
Image Is that normal?I think when you have no texturepack there looks like 2 sticks...