[Mod] DualPorter [2.0] [dualport]

Bas080
GitHub: bas080
IRC: bas080
In-game: bas080

[Mod] DualPorter [2.0] [dualport]

by Bas080 » Post

Teleporters that connect in pairs and gives the option to add "area name" and displays where the portal leads to.
and...
Buildporters that give player the functionality to easily make bridges or other large constructions without having to climb and fall.

Based on Teleporters mod

Screenshots

Instructions
* Place two nodes after each-other.
* Right click to change dualport's name
* Stand on-top of the teleport and punch it.

Changelog

or vanilla recipe for when you do not have flolands

Depends

Soft
flolands flying islands

Download
https://github.com/bas080/dualport/archive/master.zip
...or see code https://github.com/bas080/dualport

License
WTFPL
Last edited by Bas080 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

Bas080

by Bas080 » Post

Discovered a new feature. Place a dropped item or any other object (not node) on the teleporter and punch the it. It transports that item to connected portal location.

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Post

Bas080 wrote:Discovered a new feature. Place a dropped item or any other object (not node) on the teleporter and punch the it. It transports that item to connected portal location.
(^_^) It reminds me of Dr. K. Form HL2 small teleporter Good times :) I use to teleport alot stuff, with it to bad can't do nodes...
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

Bas080

by Bas080 » Post

Likwid H-Craft, i will work on the teleporting of nodes. The way i will implement is as follows.

Place node on-top of dualport. Punch the dualport and it transports the node to the top of connecting dualport. When transporting another node the node will be placed on top of the previously transported node.

This will make dualport not just a transport tool, but also a build tool for making tall without having to balance on the top of one.

An extension of this idea would be to make a dualport also transport nodes to it's sides and bottom by placing the node on the side on which you would like it to transport it to. That way you can also build beams and build columns downward

You can also transport a dualport threw a dualport. Making it possible to add a new build location(point) without having to climb in your building. Placing another dualport will link it with the teleported dualport and create a new build coordinate.

Undo or remove a node on the otherside requires a dualport remove stone that removes the last placed node on a user defined side.

Should this node functionality be part of the dualport node or should this be a seperate node. dualport:buildport maybe?

If you had not mentioned nodes I might have never thought of this. Am I over-exited or is this a really cool idea?

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Post

Bas080 wrote:Likwid H-Craft, i will work on the teleporting of nodes. The way i will implement is as follows.

Place node on-top of dualport. Punch the dualport and it transports the node to the top of connecting dualport. When transporting another node the node will be placed on top of the previously transported node.

This will make dualport not just a transport tool, but also a build tool for making tall without having to balance on the top of one.

An extension of this idea would be to make a dualport also transport nodes to it's sides and bottom by placing the node on the side on which you would like it to transport it to. That way you can also build beams and build columns downward

You can also transport a dualport threw a dualport. Making it possible to add a new build location(point) without having to climb in your building. Placing another dualport will link it with the teleported dualport and create a new build coordinate.

Undo or remove a node on the otherside requires a dualport remove stone that removes the last placed node on a user defined side.

Should this node functionality be part of the dualport node or should this be a seperate node. dualport:buildport maybe?

If you had not mentioned nodes I might have never thought of this. Am I over-exited or is this a really cool idea?
I do come up with cool ideas :D true story...

But it should be a, new node so it can act more of it own bland...

And It more then a good idea it...

MESEPIC (Mese+Epic) Another great idea :)

Oh by should there be alternative texture.
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

onpon4
GitHub: onpon4
In-game: diligentcircle

by onpon4 » Post

Well, looks like my post was deleted...

What I said was that the floating island sand is far to easy to find and get once you get up there, and the formulas are not easy to remember because there's no obvious reason to it. I suggest this formula (and it's what I'm using in my server):

Code: Select all

C=MESE crystal, F=MESE crystal fragment, G=glass

F G F
G C G
F G F
I'm also not fond of the new Tetris design. How about a swirl pattern?

Or perhaps a square:

Bas080

by Bas080 » Post

onpon4, I used the swirl texture for the transport block and the tetric block for the new buildport block. TY

I agree that the craft should be changed. The logic behind the dualport craft atm is that you must have been in "all biomes" before being able to craft a teleporter.So if the craft where to change it should still require nodes that are obtained in different biomes.

About the flolands craft, it might indeed be better to choose a rarer flolands node.

Buildport
Code is already working. But the transport a buildport block feature does not work yet, which i find a key feature. It will build up to 50 blocks far. Craft needed, I thought the same as the dualport craft but then replace mese with steel ingot.

EDIT:
Teleporting buildport now works
Last edited by Bas080 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 17:24, edited 1 time in total.

Ikishida

by Ikishida » Post

what does the dualport builder do?
When life hands you lemons,throw it back at life saying "I don't need your goddamn lemons!" =D

Bas080

by Bas080 » Post

Ikishida wrote:what does the dualport builder do?
Place two buildports not! next to eachother, then place one or more block/node next to one of the two buildports. Then you'll see what happens.