Lets plays?

Psychotic

Lets plays?

by Psychotic » Post

I was wondering if anyone would like to do a lets play, or beginners guide, whatever you would like to call it, i have skype and a working microphone, and i can be the guy who does most of the manual labor if needed. So if/does anyone wants to make a walkthrough of Minetest with me, pm me, or you can post here.
My history isn't revenge, or hate. The road that brought us both here - isn't about that. It's about the message you carried. The one in that package whether you knew it or not. - Ulysses from Lonesome Road

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

hey! <- not an aggressive hey
Last edited by Mito551 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Post

^Would you like to mito?

Err, i live in south carolina, and you live in russia, do you think we might be able to make it work if you decide to make a lets play with me?
Last edited by Psychotic on Thu Mar 28, 2013 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
My history isn't revenge, or hate. The road that brought us both here - isn't about that. It's about the message you carried. The one in that package whether you knew it or not. - Ulysses from Lonesome Road

onpon4
GitHub: onpon4
In-game: diligentcircle

by onpon4 » Post

I would be up for doing a let's play. No Skype, though; that's nonfree (where "free" refers to freedom, not price), so I don't use it. How about Mumble?

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Post

If mumble is safe, then yeah, im typing this on my phone though, i can install it when the internet guy (time warner) comes by and installs our wireless. ive been using a hotspot ever since i had to move, so hopefulyl i can get mumble tomorrow night

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

Psychotic wrote:^Would you like to mito?

Err, i live in south carolina, and you live in russia, do you think we might be able to make it work if you decide to make a lets play with me?
well, at least we should try.

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Post

Mito551 wrote:

Agreed, but how would we go about starting the lets play, and how often do you want to make episodes, the reason i ask is because i need to know when to play with you

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

onpon4 wrote:I would be up for doing a let's play. No Skype, though; that's nonfree (where "free" refers to freedom, not price), so I don't use it. How about Mumble?
+1, mostly because it's much better for gaming in general. 8)

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Post

Mito551 wrote:

Gonna have mumble and minetest by tomorrow, let you all know when i have it up and ready

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Post

Mito551 wrote:

What build or mod should i get for the lets play?

onpon4

by onpon4 » Post

Psychotic wrote:What build or mod should i get for the lets play?
It's kind of subjective, so you probably want to try out some of them and see what you like. If you like, my server is available; I chose my mods based on what's fun and what runs well: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5282

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

Sure I'll play
hello, am program. do language in rust. make computer do. okay i go now.

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Post

so is it like this, me, mito onpon, and jordan4ibanez are all doing a lp together? im kinda confused

And tomorrow my friends, we shall play minetest.

onpon4

by onpon4 » Post

Well, my mom randomly decided to take us to her house, and it seems my server crashed or was shut down, so my server is no longer an option.

Hopefully someone here has a microphone... if not, I'll be stuck with just text chat. In any case, I'll still be there. What time?

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Post

onpon4 wrote:Well, my mom randomly decided to take us to her house, and it seems my server crashed or was shut down, so my server is no longer an option.

Hopefully someone here has a microphone... if not, I'll be stuck with just text chat. In any case, I'll still be there. What time?
Whats your timezone onpon?

onpon4

by onpon4 » Post

Psychotic wrote:Whats your timezone onpon?
US Eastern.

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Post

mine is utc-8:00 pacific time us and canada

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Post

Mito and Jordan, and quite possibly anyone else, can i have your time zones so we can figure out what time we can make vids, and how often?

prestidigitator

by prestidigitator » Post

Suggestion: show how to install mods as part of it. After all, it's a big part of the Minetest experience.

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Post

prestidigitator wrote:
Suggestion: show how to install mods as part of it. After all, it's a big part of the Minetest experience.
Def. will consider doing that once i learn how to myself, once i get it downloaded.

And minetest works on windows 8 right?

And is it full screen by default, or the same size as a minecraft window?

nextmissinglink

by nextmissinglink » Post

ill help ive got a cool screencaster and a nice server
IF in doubt hit it with a hammer
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply id10t ERROR
do not abuse me i am 11 and i like hitting things with a hammer that may include you
this is ment to be secret http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php ... 467#p86467

prestidigitator

by prestidigitator » Post

Psychotic wrote:And is it full screen by default, or the same size as a minecraft window?
It is windowed by default, but can be resized freely. I usually open the program and immediately maximize it (for most games I like a fully maximized window better than fullscreen, so I can still switch applications easily).

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Psychotic wrote:And minetest works on windows 8 right?
And is it full screen by default, or the same size as a minecraft window?
Yes, it works on Windows 8, it starts in a 800×600 window, just like in any other OS.
"screenW" and "screenH" change the size of the Minetest window when it is started, and "fullscreen = 1" can be used for fullscreen.

onpon4

by onpon4 » Post

Alright, how about I make a suggestion?

8:00 PM UTC/GMT. That would be 4:00 PM Eastern and 1:00 PM Pacific.

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Post

onpon4 wrote:Alright, how about I make a suggestion?

8:00 PM UTC/GMT. That would be 4:00 PM Eastern and 1:00 PM Pacific.
UTC would be my time correct? and i might be able to get on, depends on when the internet guy gets here, ive been using a crappy hotspot for a while now, so thats why i havent been able to get minetest