IRC

Psychotic

IRC

by Psychotic » Post

Apologies for the recent spike in topics from me, but i want to chat on the irc, do i have to have any new software or program to use the minetest irc chat?
My history isn't revenge, or hate. The road that brought us both here - isn't about that. It's about the message you carried. The one in that package whether you knew it or not. - Ulysses from Lonesome Road

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

I recommend HexChat (free for both Windows and Linux).
Once you install and run it, when prompted for a network to join select "Freenode", then once you are in, type "/join #minetest" in the textbox at the bottom.
Last edited by kaeza on Sat Mar 30, 2013 07:17, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Post

So i have to use software to chat in irc chat?
My history isn't revenge, or hate. The road that brought us both here - isn't about that. It's about the message you carried. The one in that package whether you knew it or not. - Ulysses from Lonesome Road

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Post

It is safe right?

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Psychotic wrote:So i have to use software to chat in irc chat?
If you don't like installing programs, you can still use the (ugly) web interface at http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=minetest
Psychotic wrote:It is safe right?
It's used by millions of people with no problems, why shouldn't it be?
Last edited by kaeza on Sat Mar 30, 2013 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Psychotic

by Psychotic » Post

kaeza wrote:
Psychotic wrote:So i have to use software to chat in irc chat?
If you don't like installing programs, you can still use the (ugly) web interface at http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=minetest
Thats fine, i just dont like installing extra software due to kasperskys intrusive, but extremely effective virus blocking software