[Modpack] Animals Modpack [2.5] -- 2.6 approaching

deivan

by deivan » Post

Seek more details of the fail in your log file.

kamarajitsu

by kamarajitsu » Post

deivan wrote:Seek more details of the fail in your log file.
I couldnt read all of it but says \animals_modpack-master\animalmaterials\init.lua:

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

That's not enough information. Please provide what it says after "\animals_modpack-master\animalmaterials\init.lua:" because those lines might actually help us helping you.
A list of my mods can be found here.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

performance problems should be improved very much as soon as luajit is used, I've already done as much as possible within lua, but there are limits. Mobs need to do some calculations continously so they'll have some performance impact by definition.

I'm going to release first preview version of mobf this weekend so this is final call for feature request, everything not added until april 14th will be delayed until mobf 2.2.

Release date for mobf 2.1 is end of april.
Last edited by sapier on Thu Apr 04, 2013 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
DON'T mention coding style!
(c) sapier all rights reserved

legumev

by legumev » Post

korkut wrote:Recent Minetest (I got 0.4.5) changed damage algorithm and made the mobs indestructable. I got pretty annoyed while trying to kill a chicken with a mese sword until I decided to just look up git commits and figure out what's wrong.

In api.lua, I found this function and added a workaround until a proper fix is in place.

Code: Select all

function mobf_add_mob(mob)

--workaround for new damage algorithm for 0.4.5
    --armour_groups are no longer group rating but percentage
    if mob.generic.armor_groups then
        local old_armor_groups={30,50,100,133}
        for k,v in pairs(mob.generic.armor_groups) do
            mob.generic.armor_groups[k]=old_armor_groups[v]
        end
    end
Hopefully others won't lose some sleep trying to figure this out.

Thank you Korkut, great help!

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

kamarajitsu wrote:
I couldnt read all of it but says \animals_modpack-master\animalmaterials\init.lua:
Copy the ERRORS from your file: debug.txt into a post here.

kamarajitsu

by kamarajitsu » Post

Topywo wrote:
kamarajitsu wrote:
Copy the ERRORS from your file: debug.txt into a post here.
Sorry I'm very new to minetest and not used to doing things like this.

But this is what it says:

18:07:18: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
18:07:18: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
18:07:18: ERROR[main]: C:\Users\AMUN-RA\Desktop\minetest-0.4.5\bin\..\mods\minetest\animals_modpack-master\animalmaterials\init.lua:
18:07:18: ERROR[main]: ...4.5\bin\..\mods\minetest\animals_modpack-master\animalmaterials\init.lua:312: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 305) near ')'
18:07:18: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
18:07:18: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run C:\Users\AMUN-RA\Desktop\minetest-0.4.5\bin\..\mods\minetest\animals_modpack-master\animalmaterials\init.lua
18:07:18: ERROR[main]: ModError: Failed to load and run C:\Users\AMUN-RA\Desktop\minetest-0.4.5\bin\..\mods\minetest\animals_modpack-master\animalmaterials\init.lua

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

kamarajitsu wrote: 18:07:18: ERROR[main]: ...4.5\bin\..\mods\minetest\animals_modpack-master\animalmaterials\init.lua:312: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 305) near ')'
No need to be sorry. You're doing fine.

Since you downloaded the animals-modpack from the github, you downloaded the most recent version. It is a little bit further than 2.0.5. (That version goes to line 300, making it easy for me to understand what went wrong).

The extra is the use of feathers to make wool. Solution for the error:

1) Open the file: mods/animals_modpack-master/animalmaterials/init.lua
2) go/jump to line 312 that has only: )
3) add in line 312 a } before the ) like this: })
4) Save and exit or close and save

Should work now (I tested it)

dove_g

by dove_g » Post

Is there any manual how to use MOBF?

For example, my questions are:
1. how to catch vombie (hot to make vombie trap, what material is in middle?)
2. how to catch wolf?
3. what with animals, how to use them?
4. for what is used NET?

Tnx.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

dove_g wrote:Is there any manual how to use MOBF?
I couldn't find it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't exist.

{'default:wood', 'default:wood','default:wood'},
{'default:wood', "animalmaterials:scale_golden",'default:wood'},
{'default:wood','default:wood','default:wood'},

2. how to catch wolf?
As far as I know with a bone, it will be tamed

You can shave sheeps with scissors, get milk from a cow with a glass get feathers from a chicken, get meat from animals, probably there are more possibilities.

4. for what is used NET?
As far as I know/tried, catching fish and the rat. The lasso is used to catch the bigger animals. With the saddle you can ride an ostrich

Tnx.
Generally you can get info by reading the lua files of the animal modpack. Here you can find crafting recipes and the code what entities (animals) or nodes/craft(ed) items are supposed to do.
Recommended init.lua's: animalmaterials, barn, trap

legumev

by legumev » Post

Topywo wrote:
dove_g wrote:Is there any manual how to use MOBF?
I couldn't find it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't exist.

{'default:wood', 'default:wood','default:wood'},
{'default:wood', "animalmaterials:scale_golden",'default:wood'},
{'default:wood','default:wood','default:wood'},

2. how to catch wolf?
As far as I know with a bone, it will be tamed

You can shave sheeps with scissors, get milk from a cow with a glass get feathers from a chicken, get meat from animals, probably there are more possibilities.

4. for what is used NET?
As far as I know/tried, catching fish and the rat. The lasso is used to catch the bigger animals. With the saddle you can ride an ostrich

Tnx.
Generally you can get info by reading the lua files of the animal modpack. Here you can find crafting recipes and the code what entities (animals) or nodes/craft(ed) items are supposed to do.
Recommended init.lua's: animalmaterials, barn, trap

I use the net to catch a wolf, then make it a dog
I kill a vombie with the sword, and put vombie traps around my houses. For the scale to craft the vombie trap, you must kill (with the sword) a gold fish.

onpon4
GitHub: onpon4
In-game: diligentcircle

by onpon4 » Post

You can ride ostriches?! O_O

Well, now I know what they're there for.

There really does need to be a readme or something for this modpack.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

There's a very good README in the mobf folder of the modpack. It explains which mobs are there, if they are hostile, what you can do with them, which crafts there are etc.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Sokomine wrote:There's a very good README in the mobf folder of the modpack. It explains which mobs are there, if they are hostile, what you can do with them, which crafts there are etc.
Thanks! Didn't expect to find it there. Maybe it's an idea to move the README one directory/folder up.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

Some information e.g. recips can be found here http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=629 too ;-).

Moving the README is a good idea, at least for zip files It'll be distributed in base folder.

Github version is recommended for ppl knowing what they do only. Those version contains lots of data not required for playing, thus the download is way bigger than required.

@korkut thanks for pointing at error reason I was already wondering why no damage was done anymore ;-)
Last edited by sapier on Fri Apr 05, 2013 15:46, edited 1 time in total.

deivan

by deivan » Post

My version of this mod, from git don't is full operational, have another link to a operational version? I have invincible monsters from sand, stone a another strange effects...

Nebucad

by Nebucad » Post

Hi,
I use the Mod and i love it but I got fierce problem with killing those Vombies.

4 Major things always happend:

* every now and again an Error-Message appears in form from "ERROR[ServerThread]: ServerEnvironment::deactivateFarObjects(): id=39 m_static_exists=true but static data doesn't actually exist in (-48,1,63)
WARNING: StaticObjectList::remove(): id=39 not found" - actually don't know if this mod cause those Errors.

* Vombies won't burn basically i hear the sound from them but no buring animations shows up

* muptiplie spawnd - vombies dont dissapear and followed by the next night 2 vombies share the same spot

* nearly impossible to kill those Vombies i made a steelsword and was hitting the vombie around 2 minutes than i just give up to kill him. at the same time i got hit from him have to heal up myself 2 times.

Well this seemd to me like some major problems or i just didn`t catch up how this mod works. I'm glad to get some hint. If you need more information just drop some lines i`ll get it for you.

EDIT:
Additional informations for my found problem:

12:17:05: ACTION[ServerThread]: MOBF: Your mob table: 625E4438 dropt into water moving to (-707.50604248047,3.7000000476837,1036.4768066406) state: drop

12:17:05: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer punches object 15: LuaEntitySAO at (-745.8,-2.3,1024)

12:17:05: ACTION[ServerThread]: LuaEntitySAO at (-745.8,-2.3,1024) punched by player singleplayer, damage 0 hp, health now 6 hp

blocks repeat:

12:17:06: ACTION[ServerThread]: LuaEntitySAO at (-745.8,-2.3,1024) punched by player singleplayer, damage 0 hp, health now 6 hp
12:17:06: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer punches object 15: LuaEntitySAO at (-745.8,-2.3,1023.9)
12:17:06: ACTION[ServerThread]: LuaEntitySAO at (-745.8,-2.3,1023.9) punched by player singleplayer, damage 0 hp, health now 6 hp
12:17:06: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer punches object 15: LuaEntitySAO at (-745.8,-2.3,1024)
12:17:06: ACTION[ServerThread]: LuaEntitySAO at (-745.8,-2.3,1024) punched by player singleplayer, damage 0 hp, health now 6 hp
12:17:07: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer punches object 15: LuaEntitySAO at (-745.8,-2.3,1024)
12:17:07: ACTION[ServerThread]: LuaEntitySAO at (-745.8,-2.3,1024) punched by player singleplayer, damage 0 hp, health now 6 hp
Last edited by Nebucad on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:20, edited 1 time in total.

legumev

by legumev » Post

Until a fix is done, you need to apply Korkut's workaround (see post 936) to kill mobs

Nebucad

by Nebucad » Post

legumev wrote:Until a fix is done, you need to apply Korkut's workaround (see post 936) to kill mobs
I add the code like you posted on 936, thank you for your help this work right now fine.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

I've just released first preview version of 2.1 plz start testing
known Issues:
mobf_settings -> Tools menu doesn't work correct (bugfix in minetest required)
fighting -> no harm is done to mobs ... not quite sure what I did wrong when switching to new damage mechanism ... any suggestions?

Secret_Guy_3

by Secret_Guy_3 » Post

Would you mind adding boss mob?
Map Maker and other stuff.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

no but the bigger the mobs the more difficult to get a at least somehow reasonable movement and I don't have any models for boss mobs ;-)

deivan

by deivan » Post

Maybe a boss-swarm-like (many small monsters)?

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

swarm movement is a quite interesting problem ... but even more complicated to get done in a at least somehow good looking way

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Swarm movement...do you know about that automatic item pick? It is part of skyblock IIRC. Chop down a tree - and a horde of leaves will "attack" you and jump into your inventory. Stupid "moving at the position of the player" might do. Only...how to defend against them?