minetest pocket edition

kobayashi

minetest pocket edition

by kobayashi » Post

Minetest is a very good game and I love it.I ask to celeron55 to create minetest pocket edition like mincraft pocket edition(thanks for minetest 0.4.5)
I'm french so I have probably make many mistakes
BY ME (KOBAYASHI) FOR YOU =)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

sfan5 is working on creating one. he is having trouble running irrlight on android though.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

GOOD!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait for the finished minetest pe 0.0.1!!!!!!!!!!!
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

kobayashi

by kobayashi » Post

When minetest pocket edition wil be ready tell me it on this topic or on a new topic (please put it on this market : Google play, Apk Market, Slide Me)
thanks you for listening

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

kobayashi, you should search the forum first before posting ideas and requests, this has been mentioned several times.

The app, if done, will probably only be for android.

I am not sure how the android market works, but the dev tool kit is free for android, but not for iOS.
Last edited by rubenwardy on Sat Mar 23, 2013 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

How soon do you expect the beta to be out? Also will we be able to install mods?

tinoesroho

by tinoesroho » Post

oxenfreedan wrote:How soon do you expect the beta to be out? Also will we be able to install mods?
It probably will be a Minetest client first and foremost. Minetest server could certainly run - if the dependencies can be configured to work on Android. Having the _same_ server would allow for the same features. It wouldn't be a different game: it would be a different set of controls for the same game.

/soapbox
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:
https://github.com/tinoesroho/

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

I didn't understand a thing you just said!

YoYoBuddy

by YoYoBuddy » Post

GOD DANGIT!!!!!! I have an ipad not android...
“People are more difficult to work with than machines. And when you break a
person, he can't be fixed."

-Rick Riordan

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

tinoesroho wrote:
oxenfreedan wrote:How soon do you expect the beta to be out? Also will we be able to install mods?
It probably will be a Minetest client first and foremost. Minetest server could certainly run - if the dependencies can be configured to work on Android. Having the _same_ server would allow for the same features. It wouldn't be a different game: it would be a different set of controls for the same game.

/soapbox
As I see it, it will be besier to get SQLite to work more easily than Irrlicht. Irrlicht communicates with hardware at a lower level than SQLite(which just uses fsync often)
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

recarv

by recarv » Post

Would it be free, and if so, I would get an Android for Minetest pocket edition. Way to go Sfan5!
I wonder if Minetest Tekkit is coming...
When will we get it?

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

of course it would be free. minetest is community based and he will be compileing minetest to android not make a new game
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

Crap with Ipad who needs it its apple and android is linux. Linux is so much better!

onpon4
GitHub: onpon4
In-game: diligentcircle

by onpon4 » Post

oxenfreedan wrote:Crap with Ipad who needs it its apple and android is linux. Linux is so much better!
Linux is just a kernel, and Linux, the kernel is the only thing Android has in common with GNU/Linux (e.g. Trisquel, Fedora, Debian). Any possible advantage Android might have when it comes to device compatibility over iOS due to using Linux is moot because iOS is only available for Apple's hardware anyway.

That's not to say that iOS is any good. Both Android and iOS are pretty bad freedom-killers in practice (try Replicant instead if you can; that's a mostly free system), but iOS is by far the worst jail.

prestidigitator

by prestidigitator » Post

The interesting thing if Minetest were ported to Android is that a significant portion of it (if not all) would probably have to be converted to Java. Not a bad thing IMO, but I'm sure there'd be plenty of people who would hesitate to go that way....

Splizard
GitHub: Splizard
IRC: Splizard
In-game: Splizard

by Splizard » Post

Just skip android and make a Minetest app for Ubuntu touch! XD
Games: Builda City, The Hungry Games Mods: Lifters, Snow Biomes and Gates. Also checkout my texture pack Gridtoon!

onpon4

by onpon4 » Post

prestidigitator wrote:The interesting thing if Minetest were ported to Android is that a significant portion of it (if not all) would probably have to be converted to Java. Not a bad thing IMO, but I'm sure there'd be plenty of people who would hesitate to go that way....
Not necessarily. Lots of Android apps are C programs wrapped with a layer of Java for compatibility (I believe ScummVM and The Ur-Quan Masters are examples). The main issue, if I'm not mistaken, would be 3D rendering (e.g. OpenGL ES instead of OpenGL).

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

onpon4 wrote: That's not to say that iOS is any good. Both Android and iOS are pretty bad freedom-killers in practice (try Replicant instead if you can; that's a mostly free system), but iOS is by far the worst jail.
Android is open source.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

onpon4

by onpon4 » Post

rubenwardy wrote:Android is open source.
Yes (as long as you're not talking about version 3, from what I've read), but that's not the end of it. Most of the code is under a permissive license, which means modifications manufacturers of phones make can be kept from you. More obviously, though, no Android device has only Android; they are also bundled with a lot of nonfree software, including the Google Play store and other nonfree Google software. So in practice, Android is not even close to being a free system. Cyanogenmod is more free (it still recommends nonfree software, but doesn't include them in the base install), and Replicant is the freest system you can get on most phones and tablets today.

kobayashi

by kobayashi » Post

(when minetest will be available on android can you put this in apk file on download minetest)

Rct. Tsoul

by Rct. Tsoul » Post

One thing that can help to export C++ code for Ipad is DragonFire
http://www.dragonfiresdk.com/products.htm
Need to add on screen movement controls, just kinda keep it a little different from Minecraft or they will sue and take it off the app stores, such as different colors, different shape arrows and such.
Being able to run a server without slow bottlenecking Java combined with tablets and Ipads would dominate over Minecraft, the best way to prevent from being sewed is to make the app 1 more dollar expensive so it wont look like your undercutting Minecraft, but this is a good program and worth paying a good $9 to $10 for the apps, keeping it free on the PC is what will allow it to dominate.

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

I'd suggest we make it free; most other block games will probably follow suit.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Jordach wrote:I'd suggest we make it free; most other block games will probably follow suit.
of course it will be free
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

Rct. Tsoul wrote:One thing that can help to export C++ code for Ipad is DragonFire
http://www.dragonfiresdk.com/products.htm
Need to add on screen movement controls, just kinda keep it a little different from Minecraft or they will sue and take it off the app stores, such as different colors, different shape arrows and such.
Being able to run a server without slow bottlenecking Java combined with tablets and Ipads would dominate over Minecraft, the best way to prevent from being sewed is to make the app 1 more dollar expensive so it wont look like your undercutting Minecraft, but this is a good program and worth paying a good $9 to $10 for the apps, keeping it free on the PC is what will allow it to dominate.
about controls - any way to keep the keyboard support? touch controls should be like two sticks, no arrows

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

oxenfreedan wrote:GOOD!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait for the finished minetest pe 0.0.1!!!!!!!!!!!
Making a reduced pocket version is bad!
It's better to port the pc version with all features
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)