[Mod]IndustrialTest[itest]

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

[Mod]IndustrialTest[itest]

by Nore » Post

That mod is an attempt to clone the IC2 mod for minecraft http://wiki.industrial-craft.net

It isn't developped anymore now, I am working on technic.

It is different from technic in that it tries to be much more close to the original mod than technic
About craft recipes, look in craft.lua until I make a wiki...

Depends on mesecons

Last but not least, the download: http://github.com/Ekdohibs/itest

I know the textures are crap, so if you want better textures, feel free to contribute.

License: Code: LGPL, Textures: WTFPL (they are crap after all)

The RE Battery uses the texture from technic, so that one is not WTFPL
Last edited by Nore on Fri Jul 24, 2015 09:38, edited 3 times in total.

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Looking nice!

Kacey

by Kacey » Post

Hey Nore, i made a Xycraft mod for minetest called xytest http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5602 maybe you can add this into a modpack containing both of them?
on a scale of 1 to 10 i am OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ashenk69

by ashenk69 » Post

I'm guessing the brown node in the middle of all the cables is some sort of battery box. What is the difference between the 2 types of cables in the picture?

CryAngel

by CryAngel » Post

IC2 and UE fan here! :D well, actually i like UE some more than IC2 but just a bit. at most because UE are open source and some machines looks some better.
ashenk69 wrote:What is the difference between the 2 types of cables in the picture?
there must be much more than 2 types of cables. on picture will be tin (ultra-low voltage) and Insulated coper (low voltage) cables. in general difference between cables in voltage and energy loss.

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

For now, there are almost every type of cable, all storage blocks, all generators except geothermal and nuclear, and only 3 machines: macerator, extractor and electric furnace. I added an additionnal extractor recipe: it can extract mesecons from mese crystals 2 times more efficiently.

If you are a IC2 fan, could you tell me what you think of it, and what is not good?

CryAngel

by CryAngel » Post

first: cant run mod as is. i usually just clone git and so Itest bad name for mod. itest work good or you can make modpack - then Itest will be also allowed.

next: i think you will not depend on mesecons better do your mod just able use it. i.e. check if mesecons and other mods installed and if yes - use it. also i see you register your own dusts and Technic have some dusts. i think available solution here use your own dust only in case if Technic not installed.

hm... get this error in latest itest (from git):
14:14:31: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node itest:batbox at (327,2,783)
14:14:31: ACTION[ServerThread]: facedir: 0
14:14:32: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players:
14:14:32: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...\minetest-install\bin\..\mods\minetest\itest/storage.lua:30: attempt to index global 'charge' (a numbervalue)
14:14:32: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
Could not open file of texture:
as you see, is after placing batbox
Last edited by CryAngel on Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:20, edited 1 time in total.

CryAngel

by CryAngel » Post

i have many mods in word where i try, so i create new clear word with only itest and mesecons. and get other error:
14:26:13: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node itest:watermill at (-561,0,-68)
14:26:13: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer leaves game. List of players:
14:26:13: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...-install\bin\..\mods\minetest\itest/energy_transport.lua:103: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
14:26:13: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:

itest now broken? or i miss something?

add: sry, got it. pipeworks needed :D
and look like batbox now work. so, look like i get some conflict. btw, you need fix tree spawn lol. look at pic. trying go up to place windmill by placing dirt... then BOOM!

tree spawn right around me xD
Last edited by CryAngel on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:08, edited 1 time in total.

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Excuse me if I'm a little noob or misread something, but isn't this exactly what RealBadAngel's technic does?
Edit: derp, I missed the part where you said that... sowwy :P
Last edited by kaeza on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

Try using the last version... the first bug is fixed (you normally don't need pipeworks)

As for the tree spawn bug, it isn't my code.

CryAngel

by CryAngel » Post

and you know about transformers? i mean this:
16:34:49: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...test-install\bin\..\mods\minetest\itest/transformers.lua:5: attempt to index global 'senddir' (a nil value)
Last edited by CryAngel on Sat Apr 27, 2013 13:42, edited 1 time in total.

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

Thanks, it is now fixed.

CryAngel

by CryAngel » Post

and how about some way to rotate blocks? hard to use transformers, batbox w/o it. especially if they always placed in one direction, not matter where you stay.

also may be i wrong but look like here problem with windmills. they need to be placed high to work, but then block with windmills will unload when you go to the ground.
Last edited by CryAngel on Sat Apr 27, 2013 14:27, edited 1 time in total.

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

When you place them, the output/high-voltage side will be on your right.
About windmill, that is true, and would be solvable if the force_load pull request was merged https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/606

What you could do is to place your base in altitude... Don't forget that windmills placed too high have a chance to break.

CryAngel

by CryAngel » Post

Nore wrote:Don't forget that windmills placed too high have a chance to break
yes, i know. dont know btw how convert IC2 safe altitude in IT altitude :D

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

Safe altitude is for now 252, because wind speed doesn't change, but it will be 127 in later (when wind speed will not be fixed)

by 1244 » Post

Could you add geothermal generator?
My mods:
Barrels, Chemistry

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

Amazing! So cool! Just Like IC2
Last edited by Dan Duncombe on Sat May 11, 2013 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Will this make use of the technic and pipeworks mods in any way?
Last edited by Inocudom on Sun May 12, 2013 00:16, edited 1 time in total.

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

Pipeworks is already supported, however, energy is not compatible at all with technic (I will perhaps add some conversion when I will have time).

ElectricSolstice

by ElectricSolstice » Post

In the file craft.lua, on line 264, it's missing the word cable in the craft, so instead of
output = "itest:glass_fiber_000000 4"
it should be
output = "itest:glass_fiber_cable_000000 4"
Hmm, looks like this mod is no longer developed though. Is anyone else using it anymore?

Nore
Developer

by Nore » Post

You are right for both things, since I am not working on this mod ATM, but rather on technic and tachnic_game, which are far better.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

This has so much potential.
I have a few suggestions, to possibly add to that potential:

Suggestion1: Make an API, so that modders can add custom generators/cables/etc.

Suggestion2: Make cables of different materials more like real-life (gold is better at conducting, but has less maximum voltage).

Suggestion3: Add wire sizes - Smaller cables have more resistance, but cost less to make, whereas bigger cables have less resistance, while costing more to make.

Suggestion4: Add Mythril-Mese-compound cables, that are superconducting at Low-voltage, and gain resistance for every EU/p above 32 EU/p (as if they are ''heating up''
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

ElectricSolstice

Well, since you've stopped working on it because technic is better, would you mind if somebody forked the code? I personally like this mod as it has less dependencies and easier to play with stuff from the mod. The technic one uses moretrees, which I don't like the large trees and right now when I last checked that mod, it had to use a switching station, which makes building your first electric base a pain.
On a side note, I've never played Minecraft, but i'm guessing this mod would also help give a feel of nostalgia and an easier transition for those used to the industrialcraft mod.

ElectricSolstice

SegFault22 wrote:This has so much potential.
I have a few suggestions, to possibly add to that potential:

Suggestion1: Make an API, so that modders can add custom generators/cables/etc.

Suggestion2: Make cables of different materials more like real-life (gold is better at conducting, but has less maximum voltage).

Suggestion3: Add wire sizes - Smaller cables have more resistance, but cost less to make, whereas bigger cables have less resistance, while costing more to make.

Suggestion4: Add Mythril-Mese-compound cables, that are superconducting at Low-voltage, and gain resistance for every EU/p above 32 EU/p (as if they are ''heating up''
I like your first suggestion and agree it has potential. The other suggestions, I'm not sure about them because I think the original point of this mod was to be a clone of the minecraft mod Industrial Craft, so adding those in might violate the original spirit of this mod. If it's simple enough and fun enough though, those suggestions might be good, but i think it should be lower on the list of things to do for this mod.
What I think this mod needs is a nuclear reactor to generate a lot of electricity without having to use the coal generator. If done right, maybe it could have a nice progression of difficulty of development. The easiest being the coal generator and the hardest, due to all the materials needed, would be alternative energy, like solar. Solar panels themselves are definitely buildable but really give small amounts of energy, making them inefficient in terms of the material used to build the generators. At least that's my take on the mod so far since I've played with it. Haven't been able to play with the windmill yet as my base isn't high enough lol.