[Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Make sure you have named the folder simply "homedecor" and have put it in the right location, e.g: [minetestfolder]/mods/minetest/homedecor

Next, tell Minetest to enable it. Go to the main menu, click on your world but don't start it, hit the "Configure" button at the bottom of the list. Press the "Enable All" button on the upper left. Then "Save" and "Proceed", assuming it doesn't give you any errors (such as "configuration is inconsistent" or something like that).

You should be able to start your world now.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Ahnicorn

by Ahnicorn » Post

Thanks it works now! :D

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

2012-04-17: Minor updates/bugfixes - added detection of infinite creative-mode stacks, made lights and tables use it (fixes item duplication bugs with those objects when Unified Inventory is in use). Fixed missing drops in large square tables. Fixed incorrect texture placement on on-side small square tables.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

deivan

by deivan » Post

After many tests I give up from the upper side with 3d, I see only some points... To ugly, after it I made in the same model "fence of paper" from the rest of the fences.

Ok, first corner, picket, is the same for the picket_white, only change the name.

The "homedecor_fence_picket_corner_sides.png" is a copy of the "homedecor_fence_picket.png" and the
"homedecor_fence_picket_corner_backsides.png" is a copy of the "homedecor_fence_picket_backside.png".

Code:

Code: Select all

minetest.register_craft( {
    type = "shapeless",
    output = "homedecor:fence_picket_corner",
    recipe = { "homedecor:fence_picket", "homedecor:fence_picket" },
})

type = "shapeless",
    output = "homedecor:fence_picket 2",
    recipe = { "homedecor:fence_picket_corner" },
})

minetest.register_node("homedecor:fence_picket_corner", {
    drawtype = "nodebox",
    description = "Unpainted Picket Fence Corner",
    tiles = {
        "homedecor_fence_picket_corner_sides.png",
        "homedecor_fence_picket_corner_backsides.png",
        "homedecor_fence_picket_corner_backsides.png",
    },
    paramtype = "light",
    is_ground_content = true,
    groups = {snappy=3},
    sounds = default.node_sound_wood_defaults(),
    walkable = true,
    paramtype2 = "facedir",
    selection_box = {
        type = "fixed",
        fixed = {
            { -0.5, -0.5, 0.4, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5 },
            { -0.5, -0.5, -0.5, -0.4, 0.5, 0.5 }
        }
    },
    node_box = {
        type = "fixed",
        fixed = {
            { -0.5, -0.5, 0.495, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5 },
            { -0.5, -0.5, -0.5, -0.495, 0.5, 0.5 }
        }
    },
})
Last edited by deivan on Fri Apr 19, 2013 21:52, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update 2013-04-19: Added picket and white picket corner fences, and recipes to make them. Not precisely from deivan's code, but a variation of it that doesn't need extra images or changed filenames. Also added barbed wire corner fences/recipes.

Other minor edits: tweaked picket fence nodeboxes slightly to push them as close to the back of the node as I could without Z-fighting with neighboring objects. Minor code formatting tweaks. Got rid of some commented-out code. Made top/bottom "sides" of all picket fences transparent, since they're 2d anyway (avoids a tiling glitch).

deivan

by deivan » Post

Is only a code for reference. Anyway.
All other fences have corners now?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Another quick update: I just pushed 'corner' privacy fences to master, so as of right now, all of the fences that needed a corner variant have one.

deivan

by deivan » Post

I think the "fence privacy" don't have one corner block... The brass fence,iron fence and barded wire frame don't have to.

Another small question, all doors (I tested fences) open with left click (the correct don't is the right click?) and get back a door generate some small trouble...
Last edited by deivan on Sat Apr 20, 2013 01:35, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

You'll need to `git pull` or re-download or whatever to see that extra corner fence.

In the meantime, I just pushed another update with several changes:

* Dropped support for punching doors to open them - only right-click now.
* Moved gates out of fences and into doors file, renamed that file to doors_and_gates.lua.
* Changed gates to also use right click to open, and in the process completely rewrote how gates are defined and managed; this necessitated creating some duplicate textures. Some of them are blank, and texture pack authors may find the extra filenames useful anyway.
* Node names for all gates have changed, aliases are provided for backward compatibility.

deivan

by deivan » Post

I have a script to "git pull" all mods from my mod database, I have many now. :D
Thanks for this updates, my home have a better look now. :D

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Another update: fixed a minor 'missing texture' bug.

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

Wood table crafting isn't working past small tables. I put a small table onto the crafting grid and don't get the small square table.

I did a little digging around in the code and found the following:

My inventory:
Item homedecor:wood_table_small_round_b 15
crafts.lua:
type = "shapeless",
output = 'homedecor:wood_table_small_square',
recipe = { 'homedecor:wood_table_small_round' },
})
This is a large and complex mod but I'm thinking that the name of the table should be the same. I haven't tried the glass table crafting yet, so I don't know if that works.

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

Found another issue. Brass ingot crafting doesn't work. The recipe for brass ingots in crafting.lua is:
minetest.register_craftitem("homedecor:brass_ingot", {
description = S("Brass Ingot"),
inventory_image = "homedecor_brass_ingot.png",
})

type = 'shapeless',
output = 'homedecor:brass_ingot 2',
recipe = {
'moreores:silver_ingot',
'moreores:copper_ingot',
},
})
Unfortunately, since copper was added to Minetest, copper is "default:copper_ingot" instead of "moreores:copper_ingot".

deivan

by deivan » Post

I have saw some wrong crafts here... Now the chainlink face gate become barded wire fence... :-o Have some more similar in other recipes.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

OOPS! Sorry about that. Fixed, tested thoroughly, and pushed to git (it was a couple of swapped alises and some outdated recipes).

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

VanessaE wrote:OOPS! Sorry about that. Fixed, tested thoroughly, and pushed to git (it was a couple of swapped alises and some outdated recipes).
Sorry, small table crafting doesn't work and I'm still unable to craft brass ingots.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Fixed both issues in git. Note that in the process, I changed the recipes a bit - it takes four small round tables to make four small square ones, and four of those to make the large square ones. See the crafting guide on Wikia for details.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Another bugfix: the old 3dforniture lamp had a weird lighting bug. Fixed, and rewrote the whole lamp routine to work in a more graceful way.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update 2013-04-24: Converted glowlights/cubes to use the 6d facedir code. This may cause some unknown items in your inventory, but it cuts down on the number of defined nodes. Conversion code is provided to prevent breakage of maps, though.

This comes with a positive side effect: Now glowlights can be placed on the floor, and cubes can be stuck to the middle of a wall, in addition to their previous orientations.

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Post

I have a Light idea matter fact made the idea official but it up to you if like use it.
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

What's your idea?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Minor update: Added alpha support for fancy exterior door, disabled by default. You have to uncomment lines 72 and 99 from doors_and_gates.lua and you have to enable shaders in your client. It's very experimental as the engine is a bit glitchy - but it works.

Textures still work just fine without alpha also.

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Post

VanessaE wrote:What's your idea?
Fancy Light :D

You know how some Mansions have the light well, I am made one well a small one for early build but it works but theres a tiny problem need to fix the Wall and Floor is always different.

But it easy fix though.

and This craft.

XBX
TBT
ZZZ

X: None
B: Brass Pole
Z: Brass Ingot
T: Torch

Gives players 2.

Edit: Give download soon fix problems.
Last edited by Likwid H-Craft on Sat Apr 27, 2013 14:37, edited 1 time in total.
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Another minor update: Alpha support in doors is now enabled by default. Remember, you need shaders and an alpha-capable client for that to work. Fixed that horizontal divide between the two halves of the glass door also.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Updates for 2013-04-29 and 04-30:

* On the Master branch:

-- Added sounds to doors and gates.
-- Added a frosted glass skylight.
-- Better inventory textures for various shingles and skylights.
-- Reduced the selection box to be just at the bottom of the node.
-- Fixed accidental node replacement bug when placing doors; rewrote and streamlined the doors code in the process
-- Fixed missing detection of infinite stacks (e.g. default creative mode)
-- Got rid of all alternate-color recipes (e.g. mahogany from coal+dirt) in favor of default dye groups where possible (or Unified Dyes where needed). Rewrote a few recipes to use more correct dye colors.
-- Rewrote all paint-based recipes to use white dye instead.
-- Tweaked a few recipes to use more sensible materials (see craft guide)
-- Changed white glowlight recipes to use white dye instead of wool.

* New branch, "slopes":

To that branch only, I have added sloped and corner asphalt, wood, and terracotta shingles thanks to a code contribution from Bas080.

The old raillike nodes are still present for legacy reasons or if you need a horizontal flat tile, and in fact can be converted back and forth to slopes as needed.

The new nodes are designed to match the profile and positioning of the old raillike nodes as closesly as possible, to the point that they are more or less visually interchangable (within the limits of the client's renderer).

Craft the slope shape with the standard dirt/sand/coal/plastic, terracotta, and wood/sticks recipes, and from there you can make other shapes (see the crafting guide).

Also, terracotta slopes are returned directly on dig now, and can be split back into individual tiles by placing one slope back into the crafting grid.

Hopefully, in the near future, I will add an autoplace algorithm for the new corner nodes to make them automatically appear as needed.

This set of changes is strictly on the 'slopes' branch because these changes trigger a rendering bug in the client - the old "too many vertices"/"Meshbuffer ran out of indices" bug, due to the sheer number of nodeboxes being used to produce the slopes. The level of detail is adjustable in the code, but this may upset the alignment of the tile images. Bear in mind that this branch probably will not merge back into master at this point without doing it by hand, but feel free to experiment!