[1405.00][Classic] darkrose's servers [0.3.x compatible]

Rev0x

by Rev0x » Post

Michael took away my privs for no reason....can i get them back please? thanks

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

No reason...? While you say the silliest things drunk Rev0x, lets go over stuff you said while DARKROSE was watching both offline and after she logged onto the server...

You admitted you are LANDMINE...
(Which you backed up with info relavant between myself and Landmine.)

You admitted you were FUZZYWUZZY on Gameboom...

You admitted to griefing many Gameboom landmarks as FuzzyWuzzy...
(Oddly for those out there, he as Fuzzywuzzy griefed Gameboom's iconic pixel logo...
... right in front of DARKROSE. It was DARKROSE who banned Fuzzywuzzy on the spot.)

You threaten myself, the Darkrose's server amoung other incrimidating outbrusts.

Frankly if I was going to remove any privs from you, 'shout' comes to mind.

Keep in mind that in MY country, we sign the UN declaration against the use of LANDMINEs and my father was in the Engineer Corp which IRONICALLY his job was removing LANDMINEs. I have strong family and Patriotic duty to get rid of ... well... if you ever sober up and realize you shot yourself in the foot over and over again... without my help or actions.

Still we need to clear the air here... and every other server. So the clear Minetest servers of LANDMINEs all they have to do is ban 189.191.1/24 though some have said that 189.191.1/16 is good enough.
Last edited by Michael Eh? on Sun Apr 21, 2013 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

Adarqet

by Adarqet » Post

Can I have build IGN: Adarqet

darkrose

by darkrose » Post

Adarqet wrote:Can I have build IGN: Adarqet
You have build.
Take a look at Minetest Classic, and it's updated Development Tree, also check out my server.

steve plays minetest

by steve plays minetest » Post

hi im new on your server i wanted to know if i could have building privileges thanks my username is steve.
Last edited by steve plays minetest on Tue Apr 30, 2013 01:01, edited 1 time in total.

darkrose

by darkrose » Post

Some griefing happened, a quick scan of the logs showed joshuaodom to be the culprit; removed his build rights. grep-fu ftw!

MichaelEh had a chat with him, apparently his sister borrowed his account... so MichaelEh gave him privs back.

/me goes back to watching from the aether
Last edited by darkrose on Wed May 01, 2013 13:57, edited 1 time in total.
Take a look at Minetest Classic, and it's updated Development Tree, also check out my server.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Some updates, I am NOT admin.... Darkrose made me moderator. Darkrose still handles adding people, monitoring server.

My primary task is working on recreating some of the stuff from early glory days of minetest. Hopefully I might actually finish some it some day. I'm not planning to build any of my own stuff on this server but I have added some new stuff in that fits into the same theme of what was built. I'm keeping to building over open water for the most part in one area.

I do like Darkrose's mods to 0.3.1. Particularly, junglegrass and papyrus can not only grow but be farmed. Cloud block is now craftable as wool/cotton.
Last edited by Michael Eh? on Wed May 08, 2013 05:01, edited 1 time in total.

darkrose

by darkrose » Post

Some more screenshots:

Michael Eh's rebuilds (fairly recently havested grass farm also visible):

My humble home (with grass taking over):

Joshuaodom's castle:

Menche's boat and lighthouse:

My papyrus farm:

The village, with joshuaodom's robot:
Last edited by darkrose on Wed May 08, 2013 11:05, edited 1 time in total.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

The screenshots do look intresting. If you're gathering the best of old 0.3.x maps, that's a very good idea! A museum map for sightseeing so that old good buildings do not get lost would be great!
A list of my mods can be found here.

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Nyanland? He copied me and q66's concept on Gameboom. :P

joshuaodom

by joshuaodom » Post

i made some picxle art on my part

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Calinou wrote:Nyanland? He copied me and q66's concept on Gameboom. :P
Not actually Nyanland but a copy of Nyanland's sign. Also Kayman's MESE and unknown blocks. Browser/Mario pixelart. Okean's TAZ. Okean-Wolfgang-harrybuttle's chessboard. One's cathedra.

I built over water because it was easier to build over naturally flat water as oppose to level land. The area is a tribute to various builds on Gameboom NOW gone with the world reset. In a sense, perserving it so others can be inspired.

Since Darkrose was a moderator on Gameboom, it is nice she be the keeper of GB's treasures since it was her job there. Also it's all in one area so it can be better monitored. I sure that Darkrose would love to have the old gang so join in. I'm just getting it going with some builds.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Minetest's current dev needs an option that allows for looking around on old servers like this without causing any problems for the client or the server.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Inocudom wrote:Minetest's current dev needs an option that allows for looking around on old servers like this without causing any problems for the client or the server.

The server is 0.3.1 so gravel and sand won't fall. Not giving build priv does the same thing.
Inocudom wrote:The fact that all of the good folks are leaving due to what is happening in the community is an ominous sign. This trend is starting to become sickening and disturbing. Not that I am surprised by this. I am never surprised when bad things happen. Never. I know all too well what kind of world we live in. I know of a wise man by the name of Alan Watt.
Landmine hates Minetest so much i wonder why he plays. He's already threaten and attempted to destroy the chessboard and cathedra as Rev0x and JessicaC. As well he threaten to trash the server in general. Claiming to call his buddy 'OldCoder'. Darkrose monitoring the server nailed him.

Given the fact as Fuzzywuzzy he griefed so much of gameboom and maybe B_C's castle, I still find it unbelieveable they're friends. I can't think of another single person who has left scar like LM. Yet he was proud (if not a little drunk) when he mentioned the police in Mexico City knew of him and his alias. (I think we all have that palm2face pose right now.)

I do think the current PvP trend is bad for minetest in general. I think Darkrose's attempt of reviving 0.3.1 server is great.
That is why I'm building the landmarks of early era of minetest as a gift to kickstart this server. If I've learned anything that servers run by the women of minetest, those servers are less tolerant of 'childish' behavior'. We're better off booting the few bad apples that contribute nothing and those who support them.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Good to hear that Darkrose is keeping him at bay. Servers that use 0.3.1 aren't as easily protected as those that use 0.4.6. Regarding PvP, I think it is something that the Minetest community would be better off without. It is a beautiful thing when magnificent buildings are built. It is an ugly thing when magnificent buildings are destroyed.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Thanks to some 'other' people's work, Darkrose has been able to keep LM out.

As for buildings, One's Cathedra pales to some of today's take on the cathedra. Just One's Cathedra was one of the first for minetest. However the problem isn't these structures are being destroyed but the community that built them has. Obvoiusly Darkrose is back but lots who built GB iconic structures are gone. I'm hoping with Darkrose's server, they will return.

I do love how she is continuing moding the 0.3.x platform. Wishing she add stairs and rats die in water or lava though.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Is she fixing the various memory and graphics leaks? Those are quite necessary things to do.

darkrose

by darkrose » Post

Inocudom wrote:Is she fixing the various memory and graphics leaks? Those are quite necessary things to do.
I'm gradually putting together a todo list for 0.3.x and bugfixing and adding features somewhat haphazardly... added leaf decay, got it compiling against irrlicht 1.8, fixed inventory cubes, added plant growth, stopped dungeons generating in mid-air, some random code clean ups... still a lot to do though obviously.

If I can put together a list of all the bugs, I will fix them; there just isn't much about for the 0.3.x codebase anymore so I'm sort of starting again with just the code to go from.

At least 0.3.x is fun, something 0.4.x - in its desperate attempts to be an engine instead of a game - has lost for me.

darkrose

by darkrose » Post

Just added some info and pic's about cotton and farming to the first post.

MichaelEh's going to be overrun by cotton soon :D

darkrose

by darkrose » Post

Have been backporting some bugfixes... amongst other things you won't get thown underground on connect anymore! :)

dannydanger

by dannydanger » Post

yea i will check it out cool

dannydanger

by dannydanger » Post

hey can i have bulid prives

darkrose

by darkrose » Post

if you're on when I get home, sure :)

dannydanger

by dannydanger » Post

i can not connect to the sever ples help thanks

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

May I have interact privs? In game name is Evergreen. The reason I want to play on your server is I was feeling nostalgic and wanted to exercise my creativity with limited blocks.
Back from the dead!