Redcrab's server

Sokomine
Member
Posts: 4184
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

It's good to hear that apart from hostilities between players there are also plans for lager buildings. If you plan to build a huge cathedral, try to catch Semmett9 (he built at least two very impressive cathedrals on the Kingarthur server) and perhaps MichaelEh who seems to be intrested in cathedrals as well (and is a good builder). Do you know already where you'd like to build?

As for the players who seem to concentrate more about combating each other: Please remember that the other person behind the screen is another human beeing and wants to be treated that way. Griefing/destroying of buildings of other players is not allowed. If you encounter such griefs, please make a screenshot with coordinates and post here in the thread. Or tell a moderator ingame. If there is a building in the way, politely ask the player to move it elsewhere if it is a problem for your project, but do not remove buildings that you did not build on your own. Neither is it your right to demand that a building in your town be torn down or moved just because the player who build it does not agree with current politics. It may be diffrent if you did set up rules regarding building in that town before the house was constructed (i.e. allowed materials, general style - i.e. futuristic house in Ades medieval town).

As far as the chat goes, you can talk about almost everything, but not all you're legally allowed to talk about (might be impossible to decide on an international server; perhaps we could discuss weather it's better when the sun shines or it rains...) might be a wise theme for a game chat. If a child has a problem with a topic, you can decide to change topic out of politeness and regard for that other peson behind the screen - which most likely won't be able to comprehend your point of view at this time in life anyway. On the other hand, you can't expect people to talk only about topics you're intrested in, and sometimes there may be themes you do not want to talk about for whatever reason. That does not mean you have the right to stop every conversation concerning that topic. As always, please try to consider the positions of the other participants of the chat as well. Switch to PNs if something might be more delicate or difficult to express in public (i.e. critizism).

Some players are especially concerned about cuss words and vulgar language as such. I don't see a way to forbid that on the server (it is each persons choice how to talk), but I do personally prefer to have not too much of that around because that's not the way I want to talk and interact with others. Some players may react heavily exaggerated to that form of language on the server (yes, it is only language, what is far more important is the behaviour and how you really think about your fellow humans), but are you not above that and can be polite to them because they're young children brought up that way? And at the same time, the server does not always have to be purely child-friendly. Please just try to consider the feelings of your fellow players, all of you. After all, this is supposed to be fun!

Players who want to fight each other better move to another server for that purpose. There are some out there that may welcome new players and that have the mods installed which facilitate such gameplay. When you feel like building again, come back to Redcrabs server.

Ownership of an area is entirely a tool to protect against griefing. Nothing more or less. There is no point in owning a land. There is one in having build something others might enjoy.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Amaz
Member
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 08:26
GitHub: Amaz1
IRC: Amaz
In-game: Amaz

by Amaz » Post

webdesigner97 wrote:
Amaz wrote:
webdesigner97 wrote:Hey, anybody interested in something BIG?
Let's build this:

It's extremely big, but if we can build this, I'm sure it'll be the biggest and best building on the server.
Anybody interested?
I'm up for it! My name in game is Marcus. Where do you want to do it?
Not sure yet. It was just an idea. But we'll need much more help. When are you online? I've never seen you on the server :D
Btw, I'm from Germany.
I am resonabley often online, but I haven't been on Redcrab's server in 4-5 months... I think I have seen you on there once. I'm from England! We will need a lot more help. That thing is massive!!! It make the one I built by myself tiny... Here are some pictures:
http://amaz135.imgur.com/all/
Oh, and will we mine for the materials? Or will a moderator give them to us? If we need to mine, what should I mine for?
Last edited by Amaz on Wed May 08, 2013 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
eurito100
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 23:36

by eurito100 » Post

is server down?

User avatar
oxenfreedan
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 01:39
Location: mars

by oxenfreedan » Post

I can mine for lots of items that you need web
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

User avatar
oxenfreedan
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 01:39
Location: mars

by oxenfreedan » Post

MasterChief wrote:Can someone please give me my interact priv back?
Do you have interact back? And if he doesn't can a mod pls give them back or tell why they was removed pls!
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

User avatar
eurito100
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 23:36

by eurito100 » Post

oxenfreedan wrote:
eurito100 wrote:hmm sounding to that ur my enemy oxen i thought u were a friend i guess not i will be romoving ur job from sundaria and if u dont remove ur house in MYYY city i will!!!! sorry old friend
Well I guess that means I will remove all houses I made since they were on a nonprofit basis. I wish not to but if you are forcing me to I will. I will always stand by ct and g because they are my friends. And I will always help others cause I like being helpful if you can't stand that I guess that this is the end of our friendship. :'( bye I guess
actually oxen u cant take the houses u built they r not mine or urs because someone owns them all and if u do take them down its caled griefing :)

User avatar
aldobr
Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 05:46

by aldobr » Post

[I am not going to debate philosophy with you. My point is, I did not gang up on you with a group of friends.]

Thats exactly what you did.

[You simply offended the entire server, and announced that you didn't care.]

I repeat, i dont care when a false moralist ask's me to stop doing something. In the case being discussed, the "entire server" was composed of your friends only...

[Nobody was trying to take over your life, they simply were asking you not to swear.]

Asking me to stop swearing is the first step of taking over my entire life. Thats how fundamentalist christianity works...

[They had the right to ask, and you had the right to give a little. It's not that big a deal.]

So why are you still discussing this ? You pretend you dont care, but you care, because like i said, you are as false moralist as any fundamentalist north american...
Last edited by aldobr on Thu May 09, 2013 01:07, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
VanessaE
Moderator
Posts: 4577
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE
Location: Western NC
Contact:

by VanessaE » Post

Guys, knock it off. Take the argument to PM or to Redcrab's server forum or something.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

User avatar
eurito100
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 23:36

by eurito100 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Guys, knock it off. Take the argument to PM or to Redcrab's server forum or something.
THIS IS HIS PAGE ON FORUM JUST LETTING U NOE :)

User avatar
VanessaE
Moderator
Posts: 4577
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE
Location: Western NC
Contact:

by VanessaE » Post

I am well aware that this thread is dedicated to Redcrab's server, but these kinds are arguments DO NOT BELONG on this forum. As I said, take it to PM or ofer to Redcrab's forum, assuming he'll tolerate the infighting.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

User avatar
aldobr
Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 05:46

by aldobr » Post

Is it childish to discuss or is it childish not to discuss ?

User avatar
Noogah
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 06:34

by Noogah » Post

Thats exactly what you did.
I did in the game, but I will not do it on the forums. If you want to debate philosophy via PM, we will do that.
the "entire server" was composed of your friends only...
No. The only friend of mine on the server at the time of our argument was Hiccup. The others were independent players who were annoyed that you were making such a huge stink because somebody dared to request that you not swear.

You posit that you must deny any request that anybody makes that every inconveniences you, unless required by law. If you don't, your life will be taken over.

Well, I know this is silly, because everybody in the world does little things like that all the time, without their lives ending. If something is bothering somebody, I am usually quite happy to knock it off, if it isn't a big deal. We all give a little, and there is nothing wrong with this.

As you can clearly see, everybody here agrees that we ought to at least try to do what we can to keep peace. As Sokomine said above, "If a child has a problem with a topic, you can decide to change topic out of politeness and regard for that other peson behind the screen - which most likely won't be able to comprehend your point of view at this time in life anyway."

If you want to discuss philosophy, shoot me a PM.

User avatar
Noogah
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 06:34

by Noogah » Post

VanessaE wrote:I am well aware that this thread is dedicated to Redcrab's server, but these kinds are arguments DO NOT BELONG on this forum. As I said, take it to PM or ofer to Redcrab's forum, assuming he'll tolerate the infighting.
He can PM me about the philosophical stuff. But don't you think discussion about whether or not we should try not to upset Redcrab players belongs on the Redcrab board?

The way I see it, this is what the argument boils down to.

User avatar
VanessaE
Moderator
Posts: 4577
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE
Location: Western NC
Contact:

by VanessaE » Post

This isn't "the redcrab board". This is a single thread on the Minetest forums that happens to be dedicated to Redcrab's server.

TAKE THE ARGUMENT OFF OF HERE. PERIOD.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

User avatar
Noogah
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 06:34

by Noogah » Post

VanessaE wrote:This isn't "the redcrab board". This is a single thread on the Minetest forums that happens to be dedicated to Redcrab's server.

TAKE THE ARGUMENT OFF OF HERE. PERIOD.
You're the moderator. If that's what you want, I will no longer participate in the argument on this board.

Therefore, aldobr, if you respond here, do not expect a reply. We can carry on in private message, if you like.
Last edited by Noogah on Thu May 09, 2013 02:48, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
oxenfreedan
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 01:39
Location: mars

by oxenfreedan » Post

Hey I'm not fighting him anymore I'm not going to retaliate anymore so he can say that kind of stuff I will not fight back anymore and clogg up the forum over stupidity that I don't even remember how ir started!!
I just want this fight to stop if everyone keeps fighting its just no fun! :(
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

User avatar
oxenfreedan
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 01:39
Location: mars

by oxenfreedan » Post

Thus my point is can everyone just be peaceful for now? Pls?
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

User avatar
oxenfreedan
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 01:39
Location: mars

by oxenfreedan » Post

So is the server down I just got my laptop fixed but now it stays at the connecting to server screen.
Do you think we may have upset redcrab with the fighting going on on the forums recently so he shut down the server till we can all get along nicely?
Last edited by oxenfreedan on Thu May 09, 2013 03:48, edited 1 time in total.
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

User avatar
aldobr
Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 05:46

by aldobr » Post

Oh nice, how just he is, he will leave an argument on the thread and then decide (for me) that i will respond the argument via pm's...

hahahaha

Guy, go on with your life because you already took too much time from mine. 5min i spent with you is too much.

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

by Evergreen » Post

aldobr wrote:Oh nice, how just he is, he will leave an argument on the thread and then decide (for me) that i will respond the argument via pm's...

hahahaha

Guy, go on with your life because you already took too much time from mine. 5min i spent with you is too much.
Just. Stop. Arguing. Your just provoking people with that. Why are there so many arguments? I'm sick of hearing people bickering about something every other day on the forum thread. >:(
Last edited by Evergreen on Thu May 09, 2013 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
Back from the dead!

User avatar
oxenfreedan
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 01:39
Location: mars

by oxenfreedan » Post

Agreed EG!!!
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

User avatar
aldobr
Member
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 05:46

by aldobr » Post

Thats the essence of injustice : i dont care to find the truth, all i care is that you dont piss me off...

User avatar
MasterChief
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 15:15

by MasterChief » Post

oxenfreedan wrote:
MasterChief wrote:Can someone please give me my interact priv back?
Do you have interact back? And if he doesn't can a mod pls give them back or tell why they was removed pls!
Think it is cause I'm using 0.4.6 I can't interact?

User avatar
MasterChief
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 15:15

by MasterChief » Post

Evergreen wrote:
aldobr wrote:Oh nice, how just he is, he will leave an argument on the thread and then decide (for me) that i will respond the argument via pm's...

hahahaha

Guy, go on with your life because you already took too much time from mine. 5min i spent with you is too much.
Just. Stop. Arguing. Your just provoking people with that. Why are there so many arguments? I'm sick of hearing people bickering about something every other day on the forum thread. >:(
Wow EG seriously?Lol try going to my school then you wont survive a single day in my class :D

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

by Evergreen » Post

I can imagine. :P
Back from the dead!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests