Menche's Freebuild Server

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

mrtux wrote:Menche, I apoligize for not being on the server much. I have been having troubles running Minetest on Arch Linux probably due to display drivers. Minetest doesn't work much at all.
I think the display issues are due to the xf86-video-nouveau drivers. Have tried the propietary ones, sorta worked but not xorg ;_;

Please suspend my moderator position. I will come back and reclaim it whenever I can get it working (if I do) or I get a new computer.
That's strange, I'm running Minetest just fine on Arch Linux with the nvidia drivers, and it also runs quite well with nouveau. Hope you get it figured out.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

Menche

by Menche » Post

New players are now required to ask for interact privs from me or a moderator. If you had interact before you still have it.

Also, I'm considering making chat logs publicly available.
Last edited by Menche on Mon Apr 15, 2013 04:38, edited 1 time in total.

Luke123

by Luke123 » Post

I am currently working on a website, I will post minetest videos, images and more.
If you are interested here is the LINK :
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5633
Last edited by Luke123 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 01:02, edited 1 time in total.
My minetest username is <King>
BTW I like pie <3

hdastwb
GitHub: hdastwb
IRC: hdastwb
In-game: hdastwb

by hdastwb » Post

Menche wrote:
  • Flying structures must be higher than y=100 (so they don't leave annoying shadows)
I've built something at 128 and still got an annoying shadow; I don't think 100 is high enough.

At the time of writing, the shadow is still visible at 870, 22, -14

hdastwb

by hdastwb » Post

hdastwb wrote:
Menche wrote:
  • Flying structures must be higher than y=100 (so they don't leave annoying shadows)
I've built something at 128 and still got an annoying shadow; I don't think 100 is high enough.

At the time of writing, the shadow is still visible at 870, 22, -14
Sokomine has discovered a partial solution by planting jungle trees on the shadows; it's gotten rid of most of the aforementioned one.

EDIT: just about all of it!
Last edited by hdastwb on Mon Apr 22, 2013 02:27, edited 1 time in total.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

The jungletrees may help because they may strech into the 16^3 chunk above the area with the shadow, thus forcing an update.

Many new players join and don't know how to get interact. I think the old way of granting interact as default worked better for this server, even with a lot of griefing going on. Most structures seem nice small buildings that can relatively easy be equipped with protectors.

Is there a way to produce dyes? Flowers exist; unfortionately, they refuse to be cooked :-( (uniffieddyes missing?)
A list of my mods can be found here.

Menche

by Menche » Post

Sokomine wrote:Many new players join and don't know how to get interact. I think the old way of granting interact as default worked better for this server, even with a lot of griefing going on. Most structures seem nice small buildings that can relatively easy be equipped with protectors.
Yeah, I'll probably re-add interact to default later.
Sokomine wrote:Is there a way to produce dyes? Flowers exist; unfortionately, they refuse to be cooked :-( (uniffieddyes missing?)
I don't really care for the thirty bazillion colors of unifieddyes, but I'll add some way to craft dyes.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

The "thirty bazillion colors" are not needed :-) The main wool colors would be great. Unifieddyes adds a nice way to produce the colors from cooking flowers and producing dye base. coloredwood and unifiedbricks might also be intresting as long as they're limited to a small amount of base colors (around 16 of each ought to be enouhg).
A list of my mods can be found here.

hdastwb

by hdastwb » Post

While we're on the subject of craft recipes, what is this server's recipe for digilines? I've seen them used on the server, but in the absence of a craft guide I am unsure of how to make them…

wii78012

by wii78012 » Post

sofia put a protector in my house and took everything.:(

wii78012

by wii78012 » Post

is there a way to get my stuff back

Menche

by Menche » Post

wii78012 wrote:sofia put a protector in my house and took everything.:(
Removed the other protectors. Do you have any plans for the bottom part of your house? It looks sort of unfinished.

pagliaccio

by pagliaccio » Post

hello menche, i am back, you have reset the server?
i can have privs for build?

Menche

by Menche » Post

Bit of a problem, I accidentally lost the player data. All user info, inventories, locations, etc, has been lost. The actual map was backed up and nothing has been lost there. Protectors, which are part of the map, are still functioning normally, so remake your account with the same name. Sorry :(

I've added interact back to the default privs, so it doesn't have to be re-requested.

Menche

by Menche » Post

pagliaccio wrote:hello menche, i am back, you have reset the server?
i can have privs for build?
Build privs are given default again for now, see the above post. The server was sort of reset; I made a new map with the same seed and wordedited most of the spawn area in. The old map was huge and somewhat damaged.

tinoesroho

by tinoesroho » Post

I crashed the server by buying a mithril ore from a shop. I'm using 0.4.5, although I don't think that was the issue.

EDIT: I also managed to disable map saving... :-O
Last edited by tinoesroho on Sat May 18, 2013 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:
https://github.com/tinoesroho/

tinoesroho

by tinoesroho » Post

Crashed again by placing rope... :-/
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:

Menche

by Menche » Post

Been having weird problems lately. Don't use shops belonging to players who haven't been on recently, as that will crash the server. Also, for some reason, map saving is disabled (don't build anything great now).

hdastwb

by hdastwb » Post

This server doesn't appear on the public server list any more; I assumed that it was still down. Sorry to anyone who tried to buy stuff from me in the mean time…

I lost all of my MESE, but at least all of my buildings, shops, and mine are still there! I think I just found out about the bones mod the hard way…

Is there any decent craft recipe mod in existence for this version of Minetest?
Last edited by hdastwb on Sun May 19, 2013 15:08, edited 1 time in total.

tinoesroho

by tinoesroho » Post

Sod that, son. I discovered bones the hard way- right after I realized my latest crash had resulted in the MAP getting rolled back, but not my co-ordinates or inventory or stats. :-( The die option is dynamite.
- "sergio"
We are what we create.

My github:

meweb

by meweb » Post

Can I have interact? (im wicker1)

hdastwb

by hdastwb » Post

What happened to this server? What happened to the teleporters mod? Why is map saving still disabled? What is going on with the mining?

Is there anything that I can do to help?

Menche

by Menche » Post

hdastwb wrote:What happened to this server? What happened to the teleporters mod? Why is map saving still disabled? What is going on with the mining?

Is there anything that I can do to help?
I don't see other players on the server much, probably because it isn't on the server list. It says that it announces itself, but it just doesn't show up. No idea why.
I just haven't gotten around to installing teleporters again, after I upgraded the server. I think I'll do that today.
I have no idea what the "map saving disabled" messages are about; it seems to save the map though.
I have absolutely no idea why players can't mine. It may have something to do with specialties (that mod used to have item drop, which I disabled).

In short, I think the server has lost popularity because the serverlist announcing isn't working. The server has lots of little problems that I attribute to buggy mods which I caved in to repeated requests and added without really looking at.

It seems that there still is interest and I'm out of school, so I guess I'll just have to rethink this and "do it right" this time.

EDIT: the mining is fixed so you actually get stuff you dig now, and i reinstalled teleporters.
Last edited by Menche on Tue Jun 11, 2013 05:06, edited 1 time in total.

Linxx

by Linxx » Post

i assumed the server was down honestly D:

linkukun

by linkukun » Post

I'd like to report whitemuffin. I was mining and I found a large cavern. He asked if he could come. I said No. I don't want him in there and I would kill him if he tried. So he started digging outside of my house trying to reach it. So I killed him. Then he attacked me again and again going so far as breaking into my house to do so. He even swears he will get other people to attack me.