[Mod] Glow Blocks [1.1] [glowblocks]

Excalibur Zero
GitHub: ExcaliburZero

[Mod] Glow Blocks [1.1] [glowblocks]

by Excalibur Zero » Post

Description:
This mod adds several nodes that emit light. It includes Glow Blocks that are animated to have a glow-like effect. It also includes Light Blocks which are normal blocks (dirt, stone, and grass) that emit light, light boxes also work with all normal texture changes to Dirt, Stone, and Grass blocks. It also adds Light Block Panels, which can be used to make paths, and other similar things.

The nodes in the mod are also mesecon compatible, however they work backwards, so when they don't have power they are on, and when they have power they are off. That is to make it so they can easily be used without needing power from mesecons.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

License:
  • Code: CC0
  • Textures: CC0
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dependencies:
  • Dye
  • Mesecons

Download: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Git Hub Repository: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wiki:
I have also made a Github Wiki for this mod with information and images for all of the nodes that are in the mod.

The wiki can be found at:

https://github.com/rocketslime11/glowblocks/wiki

Screenshots:
Glow Blocks

Light Blocks (using modified LoZ Texture Pack)

Light Block Panels
Last edited by Excalibur Zero on Thu May 16, 2013 22:54, edited 1 time in total.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

This looks like a good start for a mod that adds lights to Minetest. Mesecons support could be very useful here. Look at the bobblocks mod to find out how this could be done.
Last edited by Inocudom on Sat May 11, 2013 00:04, edited 1 time in total.

Excalibur Zero

by Excalibur Zero » Post

Inocudom wrote:This looks like a good start for a mod that adds lights to Minetest. Mesecons support could be very useful here. Look at the bobblocks mod to find out how this could be done.
I think I've figured out in general how to add mesecons support to it, but I don't know if I should. I think it would just be better to have some light blocks that don't require mesecons.

I am currently working on adding another set of nodes that are like normal nodes (like stone & dirt), but they emit light.

Edit: I've added three light blocks. I've found a simple way to make them, so if you want to suggest any blocks to have light blocks, then please let me know and I will add them.
Last edited by Excalibur Zero on Sat May 11, 2013 02:02, edited 1 time in total.

Excalibur Zero

by Excalibur Zero » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:Do you know the bobblocks mod?
I have seen it before, though I have never used it.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

You could make it so that mesecon wires turn them off when current is applied- that way these will work fine without mesecons, but to switch them off you need mesecons.
Excalibur Zero wrote:
Inocudom wrote:This looks like a good start for a mod that adds lights to Minetest. Mesecons support could be very useful here. Look at the bobblocks mod to find out how this could be done.
I think I've figured out in general how to add mesecons support to it, but I don't know if I should. I think it would just be better to have some light blocks that don't require mesecons.

I am currently working on adding another set of nodes that are like normal nodes (like stone & dirt), but they emit light.

Edit: I've added three light blocks. I've found a simple way to make them, so if you want to suggest any blocks to have light blocks, then please let me know and I will add them.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

Excalibur Zero

by Excalibur Zero » Post

Dan Duncombe wrote:You could make it so that mesecon wires turn them off when current is applied- that way these will work fine without mesecons, but to switch them off you need mesecons.
Excalibur Zero wrote:

That sounds good. I'll look into that.

Edit: I've added mesecon support so the blocks turn off when they receive power. I've also added "Light Block Panel"s which can be used to make a light above a block (for paths and other stuff).
Last edited by Excalibur Zero on Wed May 15, 2013 22:18, edited 1 time in total.

Murkle

Re: [Mod] Glow Blocks [1.1] [glowblocks]

by Murkle » Post

What am I supposed to name the 'mod folder'?

I tried different versions of the name 'glow blocks', but none of them worked. How do I get this mod working?

Also would these blocks be in my inventory in creative mode?

Feel free to pm me
-Murkle

Onyx
In-game: Onyx

by Onyx » Post

Hi,

According to the .lua file, it seems that you must rename this folder : glowblocks (just remove "-master")
and blocks will be in your inventory in creative mode.
"One chunk, two chunks, three chunks..."

Murkle

by Murkle » Post

This is strange, I looked in the lua's, and saw what looks to be code to keep them out of the inventory. Am I right?

Code: Select all

not_in_creative_inventory=1
I think I've had the right name, but This code hides the blocks.. I will remove this and see what happens! :-)

@onyx Thank you!
-Murkle

Onyx
In-game: Onyx

by Onyx » Post

I downloaded this mod for test and I renamed the file as indicated in my previous message
and it works perfectly.
Which version of the game do you use and what other mods that are installed?
Anyway, you have no line of code to remove, perhaps you should re-download this mod.

Sorry, I can't help you more. ; )
"One chunk, two chunks, three chunks..."