Post your mod requests/ideas here

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

Could someone make a grappling hook mod?
The string for it could be crafted like this
XXX
GGX
XXX
G=grass X=blank

The grapple could be crafted like this
XIX
I I I
I I I

I=ingot

Then the whole gun would be crafted like this possibly
SSS
TTH
S I I

S=stick T=string H= grappling hook

What I would hope for this mod is you could shoot it at any block and it would go out on the string whilr slowly curving downward and then hitting the block if it wasn't to far away and then once a block is hit it pulls you towards that block. So say you build a tower in the sky you shoot the grappling hook it grabs on to the bottom of the tower you delete the brick above you as you hang there then you go thru the opening.

Pls someone make this if you want more ideas for it if you decide to make it just talk to me!!
THX FOR READING!!!
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

Bertmern

by Bertmern » Post

I have a mod idea, for someone to make a mod that displays the name of an item you're holding, like Minecraft does.

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Bertmern wrote:I have a mod idea, for someone to make a mod that displays the name of an item you're holding, like Minecraft does.
I don't know how Minecraft does it, but I came up with this:
Download
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

In Minecraft, that text would be white, not yellow.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

Some mod that will make only sky islands and no main lands.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Calinou wrote:In Minecraft, that text would be white, not yellow.
Revised version with white text and drop shadow: Download

It also has a timer that removes the item name after a specified amount of time.

Text color, shadow color, and timeout configurable at top of `init.lua' (set a high timeout like 1000000 to effectively disable it).

EDIT: License is WTFPL. I'll probably add this one to my misc stuff later.
Last edited by kaeza on Fri May 10, 2013 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

kaeza wrote:
Calinou wrote:In Minecraft, that text would be white, not yellow.
Revised version with white text and drop shadow: Download

It also has a timer that removes the item name after a specified amount of time.

Text color, shadow color, and timeout configurable at top of `init.lua' (set a high timeout like 1000000 to effectively disable it).

EDIT: License is WTFPL. I'll probably add this one to my misc stuff later.
Awesome idea. I just tested it, and it works great.
Back from the dead!

12Me21
GitHub: 12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

I would be cool if they had something like tripwires (from minecraft) in mesecons, only instead of tripwires it should be lasers.
Shoutouts to Simpleflips

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

12Me21 wrote:I would be cool if they had something like tripwires (from minecraft) in mesecons, only instead of tripwires it should be lasers.
That probably would be doable. I might try to do it.
Back from the dead!

12Me21
GitHub: 12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

There should be 3 nodes that you place, the laser emitter and 2 types of detector. The emitter needs to have power from mesecons to work, and when one type of detector does not detect a laser beam, it sends power to mesecons, and the other type of detector would do the opposite.
Shoutouts to Simpleflips

lonely

by lonely » Post

Aperture science:[url]http:forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5917[/url]
I v'e got MineCraft now, so goodbye. You can look for me at the minecraft forum. my name there
is Portalfreaky.

windmere33

by windmere33 » Post

Would it be possible to change the crosshair to a circle? I know kaeza did it in his firearms mod, but I just want it as a texture.
Active Contributor To Thaumtest!

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

windmere33 wrote:Would it be possible to change the crosshair to a circle? I know kaeza did it in his firearms mod, but I just want it as a texture.
Use the Lua HUD API.

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

windmere33 wrote:Would it be possible to change the crosshair to a circle? I know kaeza did it in his firearms mod, but I just want it as a texture.
Just draw a circle on your favorite paint program, and use my crosshair_ex mod from this modpack as a basis.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

Can someone make natural disaster modpack for me? (with things like mudslide and meseor impacts) I would like to make it but I have no working computer for minetest.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

qznc

by qznc » Post

Idea: earthquake

I believe it should be possible to implement an earthquake effect like this:
  • Shake player view
  • Randomly let blocks of any kind (especially cobblestone,bricks, and other building material) fall
  • Randomly destroy blocks of certain kinds (glass,sand)

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

qznc wrote:Idea: earthquake

• Shake player view
  • Randomly let blocks of any kind (especially cobblestone,bricks, and other building material) fall
The shaking player view is not possible with the API.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
qznc wrote:Idea: earthquake

• Shake player view
The shaking player view is not possible with the API.
How about shaking player themselves?

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

That'd be laggy
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

oxenfreedan wrote:Could someone make a grappling hook mod?
The string for it could be crafted like this
XXX
GGX
XXX
G=grass X=blank

The grapple could be crafted like this
XIX
I I I
I I I

I=ingot

Then the whole gun would be crafted like this possibly
SSS
TTH
S I I

S=stick T=string H= grappling hook

What I would hope for this mod is you could shoot it at any block and it would go out on the string whilr slowly curving downward and then hitting the block if it wasn't to far away and then once a block is hit it pulls you towards that block. So say you build a tower in the sky you shoot the grappling hook it grabs on to the bottom of the tower you delete the brick above you as you hang there then you go thru the opening.

Pls someone make this if you want more ideas for it if you decide to make it just talk to me!!
THX FOR READING!!!
Could someone pls make? They have a mod like this sorta in minecraft already.
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

musicfreak34

by musicfreak34 » Post

What about a ball mod to play soccer together?

Or is that impossible?
Last edited by musicfreak34 on Sun May 19, 2013 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
You have no chance, so use.

When is the release of the next minetestversion? ;-)

BenAmaranth

by BenAmaranth » Post

kelp forest style seaweed.

Im a fan of making half submerged Bond villain style castles and Id kinda like something to look at out there on the ocean floor. Besides the one sea mod (which is great but doesnt add much aesthetically) there isnt much going on underwater in minetest
Air (you hacker you!)

ch98

by ch98 » Post

3D crafting Idea. (I don't have working minetest computer so just going to share this idea)
You can craft larger objects by creating a certain pattern with certain objects with special 3d crafting node in middle. after it is made, you punch on 3D crafting node and it detects positions around it and compare it to a list, then replace everything with larger node. Dig it to drop starting materials. This can be used in large machines like factory and car so it is more realistic.

qznc

by qznc » Post

ch98 wrote:3D crafting Idea. (I don't have working minetest computer so just going to share this idea)
You can craft larger objects by creating a certain pattern with certain objects with special 3d crafting node in middle. after it is made, you punch on 3D crafting node and it detects positions around it and compare it to a list, then replace everything with larger node. Dig it to drop starting materials. This can be used in large machines like factory and car so it is more realistic.
What I don't like about the "inventory crafting" of Minecraft/-test is that you can show it in-world. If another player comes up and asks "how to craft a chest?" You cannot demonstrate it. Maybe you respond with some cryptic symbols "w,w,w|w,,w|w,w,w" or something? A 3D crafting mechanism would enable me to make my crafting (for everything, not just large machines) visible to other players.

kaeza

by kaeza » Post

That is a cool idea, though I have one little point: normal inventory should not be disabled (else, how would you craft the "crafting block"?)