[Modpack] Animals Modpack [2.5] -- 2.6 approaching

Ziie

by Ziie » Post

How to Delete/Take Back The Zombies or Animals ??

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Ziie wrote:How to Delete/Take Back The Zombies or Animals ??
/clearobjects deletes every mob and dropped item (slow)

or you can just kill them.
Last edited by rubenwardy on Fri May 10, 2013 13:47, edited 1 time in total.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

a little bit less invasive way is just disabling the vombie mob and selecting delete disabled mobs within settings
DON'T mention coding style!
(c) sapier all rights reserved

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

sapier wrote:a little bit less invasive way is just disabling the vombie mob and selecting delete disabled mobs within settings
... or use my clean mod.
Sapier, maybe you could provide a modified clean mod that contains all the mob names if someone wants to remove mobf?

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

cleanup is implemented for almost half a year now I can't help if anyone is to lazy to read documentation or one of at least 5 posts it's mentioned.

mobf isn't a simple one line mod plz read doc and at least some pages of this thread before complaining about things already included for ages

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

The clean mod is much smaller. If you want to remove mobf then its better to have only this small mod arround.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

This is the most interesting mobs mod there is for Minetest. I hope that servers will be able to use it one day. I think it would work better if Minetest itself had new entity classifications for mobs within it.

vktRus

by vktRus » Post

How to kill slime? When I kill one, then comes the second.

shaneroach

by shaneroach » Post

When using this mod I always seem to get this same error - 20:16:27: ERROR[main]: Client: Cannot create image from data of file "animal_dm_mesh2.jpg"

A little debug file context.

Code: Select all

20:16:27: INFO[main]: Client: Received files: bunch 0/2 files=1 size=9860
20:16:27: VERBOSE[main]: Client: Attempting to load image file "animal_dm_mesh2.jpg"
20:16:27: ERROR[main]: Client: Cannot create image from data of file "animal_dm_mesh2.jpg"
20:16:27: INFO[main]: Client: Failed to load received media: "animal_dm_mesh2.jpg". Not caching.
Doesn't seem to be doing anything harmful, but then I can't see all the animals out there wandering around. lol

4.6 is my version of Minetest. I have several mods, but it doesn't seem to matter which ones I remove or replace. Remove the animals mod though and bing - no more error.
In order to change yourself, you must believe the change is possible and that there are rewards for making the change.
- Inspired by Hebrews 11:6

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

animal_dm_meshw.jpg2 ??? there shouldn't be any jpg files within mobf if this was added by mistake I'm gona fix it. until then just find this file and delete it.

shaneroach

by shaneroach » Post

sapier wrote:animal_dm_meshw.jpg2 ??? there shouldn't be any jpg files within mobf if this was added by mistake I'm gona fix it. until then just find this file and delete it.
What is a dm anyhow? Looks like a shaggy Strong Mad.

this jpg is in the textures folder of the dm. Thanks for the tip!
In order to change yourself, you must believe the change is possible and that there are rewards for making the change.

rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Dungeon Master.

It is/was a 'trademark' of Minetest 0.3
Last edited by rubenwardy on Wed May 22, 2013 12:59, edited 1 time in total.

Hello profile reader

shaneroach

by shaneroach » Post

rubenwardy wrote:Dungeon Master.

Oh. I did see references to that on the forums here. I sure thought I saw screen shots of that DM as a more sinister looking critter.

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

shaneroach wrote:

Oh. I did see references to that on the forums here. I sure thought I saw screen shots of that DM as a more sinister looking critter.
The Dungeon Master was was one of the mobs that were in 0.3. It throws fireballs at the player and can cause huge damage. The ones were the rat, wich you can cook and eat, and the Oerkki wich was a ghost looking thing.
All of these mobs are in my Simple Mobs mod, if you want to try them out. Although they have a 3D model now.

shaneroach

by shaneroach » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
shaneroach wrote:

The Dungeon Master was was one of the mobs that were in 0.3. It throws fireballs at the player and can cause huge damage. The ones were the rat, wich you can cook and eat, and the Oerkki wich was a ghost looking thing.
All of these mobs are in my Simple Mobs mod, if you want to try them out. Although they have a 3D model now.
Not gonna make it into the default game eh? Is there a thread anywhere about the plans for minetest-game?

rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Hello profile reader

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

all of those mobs (rat dm oerkki) are included within mobf too pilzadam ;-P and of course 3d as well as 2d

shaneroach

by shaneroach » Post

sapier wrote:all of those mobs (rat dm oerkki) are included within mobf too pilzadam ;-P and of course 3d as well as 2d
OOPs. So I don't need animals if I have modf?

Mossmanikin

by Mossmanikin » Post

Love this mod!
Use it almost all the time.
Can't imagine doing without.

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

vktRus

by vktRus » Post

Adjust the algorithm respawn. I added mobf mod after the world was created. Now the animals appear only in the new territories. There is no animal on the old areas that were created before adding the mod.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

vktRus that's not a bug but a feature. abm based spawning is quite heavy and adds lag. that's why secondary spawning is disabled by default. If you enable it you get some mobs in "old" areas too but not all. e.g. vombies boombomb ...

vktRus

by vktRus » Post

sapier wrote:If you enable it you get some mobs in "old" areas too but not all. e.g. vombies boombomb ...
Add a test, is there somewhere near such a mob. Even now you can meet a few sheep, which are on the same point.

tinoesroho

by tinoesroho » Post

Brother mine went testing. He liked it, he did. Especially the part when the wolves went hunting. He does wish they went in packs, though.

Funny story about spawning. A big cow spawned on top of a trader in a house. Funniest sight ever- don't ask me what the guy was doing under the cow!
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:
https://github.com/tinoesroho/

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

there is a check to not spawn mobs next to another mob of same type, unfortunately there was a bug. it's fixed in dev but it's not compatible to current master.

hansuke123

by hansuke123 » Post

yei