[Game] MiniTest

Games that have been abandoned and no longer work properly with the latest version of Minetest.
jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

I am very limited in what I can do right now. I will try to do it as soon as possible.
Edit: today I should be able to upload it. Though I might not be able to do it. I am going to be gone for a while but will still be working on it. If you want to catch me then I will be in irc. I will be back at the forums this summer.
Last edited by jojoa1997 on Mon May 06, 2013 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

Some of the things that are in minecraft can't be done in lua. An example is how the apples drop randomly from trees leaves when they decay. The dropping part can be done, but you can't stop them from spawning naturally on trees. (that is, unless you edit the cpp code which would make it an entirely different game then minetest.)
Last edited by Evergreen on Mon May 06, 2013 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
Back from the dead!

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Evergreen wrote:Some of the things that are in minecraft can't be done in lua. An example is how the apples drop randomly from trees leaves when they decay. The dropping part can be done, but you can't stop them from spawning naturally on trees. (that is, unless you edit the cpp code which would make it an entirely different game then minetest.)
nope you set the alias to the map gen as "" and it spawns nothing.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

neron

by neron » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
Evergreen wrote:Bug. I get this error:

Code: Select all

13:49:35: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...inetest/bin/../games/minitest/mods/inventory/api.lua:64: attempt to call method 'hud_set_flags' (a nil value)
13:49:35: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
You need the latest development version of the minetest engine to run this.
Is there an Ubuntu build of the latest version that I can run alongside the 0.4.6?

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/dk3 ... UabHA&dl=1
that is the download
IMPORTANT
This link will only be good for 1-3 days. someone needs to download it and upload it somewhere else. I am sorry but i am currently trying to fix some computer problems and i might need to make a new account. Sorry for the inconvinience (i know i spelled it wrong) PLease someone upload and post the link here.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/dk3 ... UabHA&dl=1
that is the download
IMPORTANT
This link will only be good for 1-3 days. someone needs to download it and upload it somewhere else. I am sorry but i am currently trying to fix some computer problems and i might need to make a new account. Sorry for the inconvinience (i know i spelled it wrong) PLease someone upload and post the link here.
Mirrored: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/7jr ... LS-MQ&dl=1

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Thank you. The link will now be broken. I can make a new account when I get home.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Ok so with me not on minetest as much i have been able to play minecraft alot more. hopefully i can make minetest more similar
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

neron

by neron » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:Ok so with me not on minetest as much i have been able to play minecraft alot more. hopefully i can make minetest more similar
Good! I've been looking forward to it! :D When are mobs scheduled to release?

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

neron wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:Ok so with me not on minetest as much i have been able to play minecraft alot more. hopefully i can make minetest more similar
Um i wont add an update till this summer maybe a week in because finals are coming up so i have to study. atm the most i can do is play some more minecraft to figure out how stuff works and see mods on here. also any blender models would beappreciative cause i just have still ones
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:
neron wrote:
Um i wont add an update till this summer maybe a week in because finals are coming up so i have to study. atm the most i can do is play some more minecraft to figure out how stuff works and see mods on here. also any blender models would beappreciative cause i just have still ones
Do it yourself, and actually do some proper coding, not some lazy ass crap.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Jordach wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:
neron wrote: Good! I've been looking forward to it! :D When are mobs scheduled to release?
Do it yourself, and actually do some proper coding, not some lazy ass crap.
actually i do proper coding. I am sorry i havent been coding as long as you but hey are you making this game. Also blender is the most confusing thing ever and as i said ifinals are coming up so i cant really spend time learning blender. And the code isnt lazy it just has bugs like everything.
Edit(5/14/13): I thought you guys might want to know that i have a way to make fire stay light on netherrack(havent tested it yet) and tnt is now light when punching tnt while holding flint and steel. also BlockMen's jukebox mod will be added.
Last edited by jojoa1997 on Tue May 14, 2013 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

dobrovolny.gpisnicka

by dobrovolny.gpisnicka » Post

Hi would anybody help me to run this on ubuntu please? Thanks

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Just put it in minetest/games
There is no special way to make it work.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

shaneroach

by shaneroach » Post

I have some basic, dumb questions. Is this the continuation of the old PilzTest?

http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=3119

Also, is this a collaboration between JoJoa1997 and PilzAdam or did dev shift to Jojoa1997? Just curious on that last.
In order to change yourself, you must believe the change is possible and that there are rewards for making the change.
- Inspired by Hebrews 11:6

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

shaneroach wrote:I have some basic, dumb questions. Is this the continuation of the old PilzTest?

No.
shaneroach wrote:Also, is this a collaboration between JoJoa1997 and PilzAdam or did dev shift to Jojoa1997? Just curious on that last.
Kinda, since jojoa1997 cant access github anymore he developes his own version.

shaneroach

by shaneroach » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
shaneroach wrote:I have some basic, dumb questions. Is this the continuation of the old PilzTest?

No.
Which one do you suggest most highly, and why do you have these two different projects, if I may ask?
In order to change yourself, you must believe the change is possible and that there are rewards for making the change.

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

shaneroach wrote:
PilzAdam wrote:

No.
Which one do you suggest most highly, and why do you have these two different projects, if I may ask?
PilzTest is pretty much dead since I work on minetest_game.

shaneroach

by shaneroach » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
shaneroach wrote:
PilzAdam wrote: No.
PilzTest is pretty much dead since I work on minetest_game.
Ok, I get it now.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

I thought i would say that i plan to add animals the next version. I will be using mobf
Edit: can someone please make a header for MiniTest. I would but I am horrible.
Last edited by jojoa1997 on Wed May 22, 2013 09:48, edited 1 time in total.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Huge update: I completly started to recode the whole thing based on a new copy of minetest_game (with farming included).
See the whole feature list in the first post.
I also dont want to use the MC texture pack anymore (due to copyright and stuff), if someone wants to create a Minecraft like TP Ill add it.

Also, jojoa's dev version removed from the first post due to heavy copyright issues. Ill add them back if he fixes them.
I would also recommend everyone to not redistribute jojoa's version.

neron

by neron » Post

Can you provide an option to add Minecraft textures? Sort of like the old win7 pack for ubuntu that provided a warning with an option to use copyrighted icons.

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

neron wrote:Can you provide an option to add Minecraft textures? Sort of like the old win7 pack for ubuntu that provided a warning with an option to use copyrighted icons.
No, but you can install Jordachs MC texture pack.

windmere33

by windmere33 » Post

I might be converting Traditional Beauty soon, you could use that when I convert it.
Last edited by windmere33 on Wed May 22, 2013 23:20, edited 1 time in total.
Active Contributor To Thaumtest!

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

windmere33 wrote:I might be converting Traditional Bueaty soon, you could use that when I convert it.
That will be so cool. It is what i use on Minecraft.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging