Redcrab's server

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

Here is a rule: If you don't want to get banned, don't grief the moderators house. :P
Back from the dead!

MisterBananas

by MisterBananas » Post

Evergreen wrote:Here is a rule: If you don't want to get banned, don't grief the moderators house. :P

Edit: Wow, didn't realize the image was this big. Gonna edit it.
Last edited by MisterBananas on Tue May 28, 2013 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
Pkmn White 2 FC: 4213-1790-7873

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Evergreen wrote: Here is a rule: If you don't want to get banned, don't grief the moderators house. :P
This particular griefer took special care to grief as much as possible in at least two towns. Sometimes players do that to make sure they really get banned.
There had been another griefer at my house. I'm not sure if it might have been an accident and will keep an eye on it.
If you see any griefings, please don't do anything in the immediate vicinity. Don't try to repair. Please just report the coordinates.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Evergreen wrote: Here is a rule: If you don't want to get banned, don't grief the moderators house. :P
This particular griefer took special care to grief as much as possible in at least two towns. Sometimes players do that to make sure they really get banned.
There had been another griefer at my house. I'm not sure if it might have been an accident and will keep an eye on it.
If you see any griefings, please don't do anything in the immediate vicinity. Don't try to repair. Please just report the coordinates.
Yes, don't repair, because the rollback check can see who last broke/placed the blocks. Plus, if they get rolled back, the damage can be fixed, so don't try to repair. :D
Back from the dead!

ch98

by ch98 » Post

problem is that some people don't know what greafing is and this is the first multiplayer game played. Maybe there should be a warning about greafing with very detailed description so noone can complain.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

MisterBananas

by MisterBananas » Post

ch98 wrote:problem is that some people don't know what greafing is and this is the first multiplayer game played. Maybe there should be a warning about greafing with very detailed description so noone can complain.
Even if they don't know what griefing is we all should all know that breaking another person's things is wrong.

oOChainLynxOo

by oOChainLynxOo » Post

I made a water/lava helix in my town!
It will get taller when I make more glass.

Have a good day or good night or whatever time you're reading this.

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

oOChainLynxOo wrote:I made a water/lava helix in my town!
(...)
Looks great!

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

Awesome chain!
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

lor599

by lor599 » Post

oOChainLynxOo wrote:I made a water/lava helix in my town!

Wow Nice! Good Job , Seemed very hard to make :D

Josh

by Josh » Post

Redcrab, i have noticed lately that this server is begining to get very laggy & slow, also the map size is 10GB, which is way to big, i recommend we save the important parts of the map with WorldEdit, and start over with a fresh new map.

oOChainLynxOo

by oOChainLynxOo » Post

Just made it taller.

oOChainLynxOo

by oOChainLynxOo » Post

Wow Nice! Good Job , Seemed very hard to make :D
Thanks! Believe it or not, the hardest part is getting all the glass.

MisterBananas

by MisterBananas » Post

Working on some obstacle courses that will be spread throughout the server.

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

I'm glad to see everyones building!!!!

lor599

by lor599 » Post

ch98 wrote:problem is that some people don't know what greafing is and this is the first multiplayer game played. Maybe there should be a warning about greafing with very detailed description so noone can complain.
Maybe cactuz_PL could change this sign at spawn to a very detailed description of what griefing is:
That might work :)

ch98

by ch98 » Post

Josh wrote:Redcrab, i have noticed lately that this server is begining to get very laggy & slow, also the map size is 10GB, which is way to big, i recommend we save the important parts of the map with WorldEdit, and start over with a fresh new map.
I think we can increase speed if we delete just for greafing server with a little old copy of this huge map. Then all computing speed taken away by that will come back to this server.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

AspireMint
GitHub: AspireMint
IRC: AspireMint
In-game: AspireMint

by AspireMint » Post

ch98 wrote:
Josh wrote:Redcrab, i have noticed lately that this server is begining to get very laggy & slow, also the map size is 10GB, which is way to big, i recommend we save the important parts of the map with WorldEdit, and start over with a fresh new map.
I think we can increase speed if we delete just for greafing server with a little old copy of this huge map. Then all computing speed taken away by that will come back to this server.
Hello,
I think we dont need 30402 server.
It should be for backup, so we can start over with a fresh new map (if someone will need old city/building, then mods import it from 30402 :)
"Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts."

"There's 🧁for you, 🧁for me, 🧁for sale, 🧁for free"

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass, and I've just finished my milk!" ― Maurice Moss

modenacalcio

by modenacalcio » Post

Pyrite on Redcrab's server before and after, picture taken from same coordinate

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

lor599 wrote:
Maybe cactuz_PL could change this sign at spawn to a very detailed description of what griefing is:
--image--
"Vandalism/griefing (...)" I used here "griefing" and "vandalism" as synonyms so it's obvious griefing is vandalism.

But, if You have an idea what I should type there feel free to post Your ideas in this thread. Thanks for your concern.
Nope

lor599

by lor599 » Post

cactuz_pl wrote:
lor599 wrote:
--image--
"Vandalism/griefing (...)" I used here "griefing" and "vandalism" as synonyms so it's obvious griefing is vandalism.

But, if You have an idea what I should type there feel free to post Your ideas in this thread. Thanks for your concern.
Maybe you could type: Griefing/vandalism is the act in which you destroy others creations resulting in permanent ban.
Not the best, but some newbies/young kids might not know what vandalism is, or what griefing is. Instead if you change it to that, newbies/young kids will get a better understanding of what they should not do, and what will happen if they do. :D

modenacalcio

by modenacalcio » Post

sokomine, it appears you need to fix the pyrite travelnet lol

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

Mapgen has been going on.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

modenacalcio wrote:Just wondering, are previously generated maps stored or does someone have them saved on their computer? I'm looking for the ones for the past two months.
Unfortunately I don't have maps from last 2 months, but...

https://ubuntuone.com/1gkhIEHAtYMT1buagbAKWr (from 26th July 2012)
http://ubuntuone.com/7cqgQOUCdCMMNZMhjBuXmV (very big map from December 2012 ~28MB)
https://ubuntuone.com/1e4OYrUe5Q4k1HLUuTGyg2 (very big map from November 2012 ~25MB)
https://ubuntuone.com/4BslrbwcPkGQTOifAaI4Cb (North spawn, after "First Eiffel Tower"(and Compass too) has been burnt, redcrab has rebuilt it, picture from 25th June 2012)
https://ubuntuone.com/1MYvXA9avLiKgoOQBG0dCY (An old spawn)
https://ubuntuone.com/5T5TvtNApjBEvYw83BVmNU (very old map, 28th June 2012)

...and I found this... sorry AM :D (from 21st March this year)
Last edited by cactuz_pl on Sun Jun 02, 2013 16:47, edited 1 time in total.
Nope

AspireMint
GitHub: AspireMint
IRC: AspireMint
In-game: AspireMint

by AspireMint » Post

^^
"Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts."

"There's 🧁for you, 🧁for me, 🧁for sale, 🧁for free"

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass, and I've just finished my milk!" ― Maurice Moss