[Modpack] WorldEdit [worldedit]

Temperest
GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Post

Confirmed, issue seems to be caused by block queue. This will be fixed soon, but in the meantime you can work around it by setting worldedit.ENABLE_QUEUE to false in worldedit/queue.lua. You won't have the block queue functionality when this is used though.

If you are running a server at the moment and you don't want to restart it, but also want to apply the workaround, use this chat command: "//lua worldedit.ENABLE_QUEUE = false" and it will be in effect until the server shuts down.

Edit: seems like the issue is already fixed :)
Last edited by sfan5 on Mon May 20, 2013 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.

Jonni

by Jonni » Post

I have tried to use the WorldEdit, but I don't va sucess yet. I use the comand //set Cobblestone after put de positions 1 and 2, but doesn't work. Can anybody help me? It's only to say me some example "//set example"

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

For cobblestone it would be //set default:cobble
torches would be //set default:torch
To find out the block names either work them out, look in the code, or ask someone who might know (I know some)
Jonni wrote:I have tried to use the WorldEdit, but I don't va sucess yet. I use the comand //set Cobblestone after put de positions 1 and 2, but doesn't work. Can anybody help me? It's only to say me some example "//set example"
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

Cobblestone is the description of the node. The actual node name is defined in the code and is generally not exposed to the player except via the console or chat commands.

From what I've seen this makes it harder to use WorldEdit, so now it supports specifying node names by their descriptions! Download it again to get this feature. Enjoy!

Here's the relevant description of the new functionality, from README.md:
Node names are required for many types of commands that identify or modify specific types of nodes. They can be specified in a number of ways.

First, by description - the tooltip that appears when hovering over the item in an inventory. This is case insensitive and includes values such as "Cobblestone" and "bronze block". Note that certain commands (namely, `//replace` and `//replaceinverse`) do not support descriptions that contain spaces in the `<searchnode>` field.

Second, by name - the node name that is defined by code, but without the mod name prefix. This is case sensitive and includes values such as "piston_normal_off" and "cactus". Nodes defined in the `default` mod always take precedence over other nodes when searching for the correct one, and if there are multiple possible nodes (such as "a:celery" and "b:celery"), one is chosen in no particular order.

Finally, by full name - the unambiguous identifier of the node, prefixes and all. This is case sensitive and includes values such as "default:stone" and "mesecons:wire_00000000_off".
WorldEdit 1.0 released

Jonni

by Jonni » Post

Thank you man, It's a great job.
Gz

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

Check out the brand new //scale command, suggested by Jordach:

(//scale 4)

Right side is the original, left side is original scaled by a factor of 4.

To get this feature, download the very latest version of WorldEdit!
Last edited by Temperest on Tue Jun 18, 2013 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

BrandonReese
GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

That's pretty sweet.

Would it be possible to scale it in such a way that it doesn't make the walls 4x thicker? So it would be 4x as tall and 4x as wide and 4x as deep but the walls would still be 1 block thick.

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

Unfortunately not, there is no way for WorldEdit to know what is a wall and what isn't. Even if we used a rule like "a wall is a block that has air on opposing sides and the same material on both of the other sides", it still wouldn't be able to make a proper house since it doesn't know where the single-layer wall should go inside the scaled area.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

BrandonReese
GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

Temperest wrote:Unfortunately not, there is no way for WorldEdit to know what is a wall and what isn't. Even if we used a rule like "a wall is a block that has air on opposing sides and the same material on both of the other sides", it still wouldn't be able to make a proper house since it doesn't know where the single-layer wall should go inside the scaled area.
That makes sense

Element
IRC: Elementwing4962
In-game: Elementwing4962

by Element » Post

this mod is so much FUN
Join Me And My Team - thornfyregaming-mc.noip.me:25565

My Server Is 1.7.9

BadWolf

by BadWolf » Post

I'm having a hard with saving / loading large structures. I have made sure to scan through the buildings and then kept them all the way in sight. World edit still saved an oddly small number of blocks. I've tried a number of things including increasing the active_block amount in the conf file, but to no avail.

an example plot we're (me and a friend) trying to grab is a section measuring 78,995 cubic nodes (including air). Only about a 1/4 of it is saved or loaded.

I have a secondary question that is. What is the difference between the .we format and the .mts format?
Last edited by BadWolf on Wed Jul 17, 2013 23:17, edited 1 time in total.

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

The block loading issue is known, and will be fixed in the next version, along with speed improvements of several orders of magnitude - all thanks to the LuaVoxelManipulator. If you want to test this bleeding edge version that I haven't even tested myself yet, check out the "speedy-gonzales" branch at the GitHub repo. For now, I suppose you should try fiddling around with block loading settings. Personally, I would wait.

The .we and .mts formats are VERY different. The MTS format is a minetest schematic, and is meant for storing structures in a compact way. The WE format, on the other hand, is more general and can store things like the items inside chests, the code inside luacontrollers, the fuel in a furnace, etc. This is done at the cost of file size, unfortunately, and WE files are generally a fair bit larger than an equivalent MTS file. However, the WE file contains more information and represents the structure more faithfully.

Plus, the WE file is human-readable; you can read it with any text editor and even make changes if you're careful. It's also easier to generate, and other programs can read it quite easily.
Last edited by Temperest on Thu Jul 18, 2013 03:39, edited 1 time in total.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

BadWolf

by BadWolf » Post

Thanks! Is there any probable time-table for the next version. Or at least a personal goal?
Last edited by BadWolf on Thu Jul 18, 2013 14:00, edited 1 time in total.

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

The release should be out within the next two weeks at most, mainly because the whole thing is being overhauled to get the best speed gains possible.

Also, the block queue isn't fully working and may not be supported in the next release until a suitable solution is found. It may in fact be unnecessary if the whole thing is fast enough.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

CaptainCanti

by CaptainCanti » Post

Is there a way to use the //set command to completely clear an area of everything? Or is there another command that can be used for that?
I may seem like an asshole, but that's only because I'm an asshole. :^)

Shit you probs don't care about.

BadWolf

by BadWolf » Post

CaptainCanti wrote:Is there a way to use the //set command to completely clear an area of everything? Or is there another command that can be used for that?
//set air

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

BadWolf is correct. In addition, if you get lighting issues after digging, simply use the //fixlight command to make everything better. This is not done automatically since it is a rather slow operation.

By the way, all commands are documented in Chat Commands.md, located in the WorldEdit folder.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

by 2232 » Post

Is it possible to remove blocks with this mod?

[EDIT:] I figured it out. Thanks for the awesome mod! :D
Last edited by 2232 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
"I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun..."
-Shake Me Down by Cage The Elephant

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

Of course. Whenever you want an area to be empty, use "air" as the node name.

Since this question has been asked more than once previously, I've added this as a note in the README. It will be available in the next release, which is on track for an August 1, 2013 release.

Here is the note:
The node name "air" can be used anywhere a normal node name can, and acts as a blank node. This is useful for clearing or removing nodes. For example, `//set air` would remove all the nodes in the current WorldEdit region. Similarly, `//sphere 10 air`, when WorldEdit position 1 underground, would dig a large sphere out of the ground.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

nikminers

by nikminers » Post

Is there a more detailed guide to the commands? Beyond //pos and //set I have no idea how to use it.

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

See README.md and Chat Commands.md, located in the modpack folder that you downloaded, for the comprehensive references for all commands and API functions, as well as descriptions of how the details and internals work.

You can open .md files with any text editor, like notepad or gedit.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Is it possible to incorporate the clearobjects function into WorldEdit so that only a WE defined region is cleared of all dropped items? This may be useful on servers were running clearobjects server-wide is still too taxing.
Last edited by LazyJ on Thu Jul 25, 2013 02:47, edited 1 time in total.

DeepGaze
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Post

is there any way to set the coords of p1&p2 in the command box (so you could set mesecons command to build spheres at 0,0,0 when you are at 10,10,10) i did try teleport and set then teleport back to start location but it did not work:( and any way to make a reverse pyramid?
Last edited by DeepGaze on Fri Jul 26, 2013 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

LazyJ: Minetest doesn't expose an API for clearing objects in an area, unfortunately. However, it's still possible: we can use VoxelManipulators to load an area, and get_objects_inside_radius and object:remove to get rid of them. Look for this in the next WorldEdit release!

DeepGaze: thanks for the suggestion, "//fixedpos set1/set2 x y z" is already coded and it'll be part of the next WorldEdit release. As for pyramids, I'm in the middle of rewriting them and it will very likely support upside-down ones also if possible.

Tentative WorldEdit 1.0 release date is August 1, 2013. This may change at a later date.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

THEGGABOOK77

by THEGGABOOK77 » Post

Good!!
190.31.223.213 : 30000 Is my Modern House server (Creative) And Totally Free
Join Now!
My Stuff
MY MODS: City Elements-Funny Signs