[Modpack] Home Decor [git] [homedecor_modpack]

JimmyNixon2636

by JimmyNixon2636 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Try running minetest from a terminal (command prompt) and copy&paste the "ERROR" lines that are given when it exits.
Here's what came up when I opened it thru the terminal I got this"17:59:09: ERROR[main]: Error loading mod "VanessaE-homedecor-20787ff": modname does not follow naming conventions: Only chararacters [a-z0-9_] are allowed.
17:59:09: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run /Applications/Minetest.app/Contents/Resources/share/mods/minetest/VanessaE-homedecor-20787ff/init.lua
17:59:09: ERROR[main]: ModError: Failed to load and run /Applications/Minetest.app/Contents/Resources/share/mods/minetest/VanessaE-homedecor-20787ff/init.lua"
Last edited by JimmyNixon2636 on Fri May 10, 2013 22:03, edited 1 time in total.

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

JimmyNixon2636 wrote:
VanessaE wrote:Try running minetest from a terminal (command prompt) and copy&paste the "ERROR" lines that are given when it exits.
Here's what came up when I opened it thru the terminal I got this"/Applications/Minetest.app/Contents/Resources/share/mods/minetest/VanessaE-homedecor-20787ff/README: line 5: All: command not found
/Applications/Minetest.app/Contents/Resources/share/mods/minetest/VanessaE-homedecor-20787ff/README: line 6: together,: command not found
/Applications/Minetest.app/Contents/Resources/share/mods/minetest/VanessaE-homedecor-20787ff/README: line 7: node: command not found
Bash: script.: No such file or directory
/Applications/Minetest.app/Contents/Resources/share/mods/minetest/VanessaE-homedecor-20787ff/README: line 9: syntax error near unexpected token `like'
/Applications/Minetest.app/Contents/Resources/share/mods/minetest/VanessaE-homedecor-20787ff/README: line 9: `themselves (like the various parts of the folding doors).'
logout"
wut

Why are you (or is it) executing the README as a script?
Last edited by kaeza on Fri May 10, 2013 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Josh

by Josh » Post

VanessaE, could you add something like a Barbecue to Homedecor? It would work like a furnace.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I might consider that, sure.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

JimmyNixon2636

by JimmyNixon2636 » Post

kaeza wrote:
JimmyNixon2636 wrote:
Here's what came up when I opened it thru the terminal I got this"/Applications/Minetest.app/Contents/Resources/share/mods/minetest/VanessaE-homedecor-20787ff/README: line 5: All: command not found
/Applications/Minetest.app/Contents/Resources/share/mods/minetest/VanessaE-homedecor-20787ff/README: line 6: together,: command not found
/Applications/Minetest.app/Contents/Resources/share/mods/minetest/VanessaE-homedecor-20787ff/README: line 7: node: command not found
Bash: script.: No such file or directory
/Applications/Minetest.app/Contents/Resources/share/mods/minetest/VanessaE-homedecor-20787ff/README: line 9: syntax error near unexpected token `like'
/Applications/Minetest.app/Contents/Resources/share/mods/minetest/VanessaE-homedecor-20787ff/README: line 9: `themselves (like the various parts of the folding doors).'
logout"
wut

Why are you (or is it) executing the README as a script?
Sorry for that I forgot activate the mod but I redid it edited the post with the right stuff this time on post 176 thanks
Last edited by JimmyNixon2636 on Wed May 15, 2013 15:37, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

You need to rename the folder. From the first post on this thread:
Install: Unzip the distribution archive, rename the resultant VanessaE-homedecor-blahblah folder to just "homedecor", and move it into Minetest's mods directory.
(Sorry if that comes off badly - I'm quite insistent that people read the instructions)
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Hullo!

I've been going through homedecor renaming differnet items that have the same dispay name in the inventory.
ie:
description = ("Glass Skylight")
description = ("Frosted Glass Skylight")

All was working well until I came across chainlink fence gates. I've been studying and tweaking the crafts.lua, fences.lua, and door_and_gates.lua files but "Chainlink Fence" still keeps coming up for the gate.

I see the code in door_and_gates.lua helps reduce the amount of lines needed for the gates. I don't comprehend all of it yet but it is nice to know that such an option exists.

I'm interested in understanding this chainlink fence gate naming glitch to help my learning of lua.

~ LazyJ
Last edited by LazyJ on Fri May 17, 2013 12:46, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I have to wonder if your copy is entirely up-to-date, as all of the gates are registered in a loop (they are all "xxxx Fence Gate", though I do need to improve that wording).

Name tables are at lines 131 and 132 and the names are set at lines 178 and 208 in doors_and_gates.lua.

I can't see any way that chainlink gates would stand apart from the others.

kpo

by kpo » Post

Hi Vanessa
The slopes.lua default setting of "256" for the slopes is extremely taxing on (it seems) even a high end system. I would suggest something along the lines of 16-32 for a workable compromise. Also a lot of moiré patterns occur when using 256 as the default.
BR.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Yeah I know it's a bit taxing, but lower settings, to my eyes, looked terrible.

The way the slopes are done is only temporary anyway - sooner or later we'll have node models defined with actual meshes (the way players and entities can be done), at which point I'll make these slopes use those.

solaple

by solaple » Post

Looks pretty damn awesome.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

More changes have gone in recently, thanks to ssieb and kaeza: Ovens stop cooking when their output bins are full, signs now reject edits if they're on owned land and a non-owner tries to edit them, and Zeg9's protector mod is now supported.

kpo

by kpo » Post

Hi Vanessa
It is such a shame that the lighting is based on changing the color of the blocks. But your mod is good regardless.
I have a small bug in your mod to report though:
The roofing tile slope nodeboxes are implemented wrong. You have probably not noticed because the slopes.lua file specifies a detail level of 256. ow I find this overkill compared to having several 1000 of these rendered in the same scene (combined with SW rendering we get client death).
Anyway. If you lower the detail to say '4' you will observe that the node is now exactly one block above where i should be. With detail 256 it is 1/256th of a block above the one below it.

The slope reads for example:

Code: Select all

slopeboxedge[i+1]={-0.5, -0.5+(4/detail), (i/detail)-0.5, 0.5, (i/detail)-0.5+(5/detail), 0.5}
What it should read is this:

slopeboxedge[i+1]={-0.5, (i/detail)-0.5, (i/detail)-0.5, 0.5, (i/detail)-0.5+(1/detail), 0.5}
The key point being the constants 4 and 5.
The same issue is with the corner pieces as well. While you are at it, do set the detail default to 16. It is plenty.

Take a look at the technic/indev branch and the cnc_api.lua file if you want more inspiration.

Best regards.

Edit. As a curtsey here's the correct lines of code:

homedecor_register_outer_corner = function(modname, subname, groups, images, description)
    local slopeboxedge = {}
    local detail = homedecor_detail_level
    for i = 0, detail-1 do
        slopeboxedge[i+1]={-0.5, -0.5+(i/detail), (i/detail)-0.5, 0.5-(i/detail), (i/detail)-0.5+(1/detail), 0.5}
    end

homedecor_register_inner_corner = function(modname, subname, groups, images, description)
    local slopeboxedge = {}
    for i = 0, detail-1 do
        slopeboxedge[i+1]={-0.5, -0.5+(4/detail), -0.5, 0.5-(i/detail), (i/detail)-0.5+(5/detail), 0.5}
        slopeboxedge[i+detail+1]={-0.5, -0.5+(i/detail), (i/detail)-0.5, 0.5, (i/detail)-0.5+(1/detail), 0.5}
    end

homedecor_register_slope = function(modname, subname, recipeitem, groups, images, description)
    local slopeboxedge = {}
    for i = 0, detail-1 do
        slopeboxedge[i+1]={-0.5, (i/detail)-0.5, (i/detail)-0.5, 0.5, (i/detail)-0.5+(1/detail), 0.5}
    end
Last edited by kpo on Wed May 22, 2013 21:39, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

As requested, I've lowered the resolution of those roof slopes, to 16 in this case (though not by using the above code).

kpo

by kpo » Post

VanessaE wrote:As requested, I've lowered the resolution of those roof slopes, to 16 in this case (though not by using the above code).
Thanks. I see you managed to get your expressions even better with the update.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Minor update to gates and doors: made all gates open/close the gates above and/or below if they're of the same type (e.g. if you stack two chainlink gates, both will open/close with a right click). Also, reduced hear distance for door and gate sounds.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Another minor update: Fixed missing itemstack fields in on_rightclick handlers for doors and lighting code, fixed missing check for node ownership in lighting, and made lights check for buildable_to instead of just air.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

I've come across a snag with the microwave ovens.

When I put fuel and material in, nothing is smelted, the progress indicator doesn't light up, but there is a message, "Oven output bins are full".

Other than that, microwave ovens really help complete kitchen areas in builds.

What about a wrack of hanging pots and pans to hang over the stove or center island? A full, repeated, image like what is used on bookshelf blocks, perhaps? Taking that idea in a slightly different direction, cupboard blocks with stacked plates, bowls, rows of drinking glasses. Top, bottom, and 2 sides show a wood paneling image, the remainging 2 opposing sides show a different image each. 1 side, plates and bowls, the other side various drinking glasses. Use the screwdriver to rotate the block to alternate between plates and bowls, and glasses when placing 2 or more cupboard blocks side-by-side.

Thanks for a great mod!

~ LazyJ

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Microwave is fixed in git (by kaeza because I was too lazy to look for the error :D ). I'll consider adding those cabinets at some point.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Thanks ;)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Actually there's lots and lots of stuff this mod still needs (see Jordach's post from a while back), but I've been pretty uninspired lately to add much.

Pull requests welcome for the larger items.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I recently thought it would be neat if all of the lights and the TV of this mod could interact with mesecons via a soft dependency.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I might consider doing that. Or perhaps making them interact with the inductive power idea that's been advanced for Technic.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

VanessaE wrote:I might consider doing that. Or perhaps making them interact with the inductive power idea that's been advanced for Technic.
Either that or technic could be the true power source of mesecons (with mesecon's solar panel, water turbine, and power plant just being signal starters.)