Lore Server, *Soon to be DELETED*

keyxmakerx

Lore Server, *Soon to be DELETED*

by keyxmakerx » Post

Servers info: Intended to be running 24/7 99.9% of the time. On a smallish dedicated machine. Expect decent lag.

Modded - Has about 40 mods added. Some mods like Nuke requires privs that will be given to only a handful of trusted players.

minetestserver.us.to

Admins : Linkukun, Courtney

Rules : No Griefing

Promotions : To get fly and / or certain other privs you can donate or prove yourself to the deity watching the land now.

Lore : gods that once ruled the land have suddenly disappeared leaving war scars and strange creatures in their wake. A unknown being watches the land from the sudden apeared spire that towers over all of the land, which is battered with meteors and slides that ruin all of creation. Do you have what it takes to restore the land to its former glory?

NEED NAME FOR SERVER!!!!

Anything you guys want added I'll be happy to include but my time is tight so it might be half-donked so sorry in advance. I'll be adding the mods I have rewrote to github that suited my server, if any licensing issue arise just let me know and I'll be happy to remove and so forth. Hope you guys have a great time!

#####This Server is in BETA! It will be shutdown around 12:00 Central Time! Expect bugs, and a casual amount of Restored Backups! Also! I do not like cussing! This is a PG serve## Thanks and have fun!!! =^..^=
Last edited by keyxmakerx on Sat Jul 06, 2013 03:42, edited 1 time in total.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

mudslide is updated with mudslide panic feature that stops any mudslide in very short time!
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

keyxmakerx

by keyxmakerx » Post

Thank Ch98, I really like using the mod! ^^
Last edited by keyxmakerx on Sun Jun 09, 2013 21:19, edited 1 time in total.

high flying pie

by high flying pie » Post

Could you please tell what mods are used on the server?

keyxmakerx

by keyxmakerx » Post

high flying pie wrote:Could you please tell what mods are used on the server?
It's over 40 Haha! I am currently testing to see how many mods I can get away with without too many people lagging, and/or timeout'ing. So It'll probably be about 30 mods when im done, and I'm post them all on my website. Hopefully I'll finish and do it today.

Sorry for the wait! ^^

high flying pie

by high flying pie » Post

Yeah, that was my problem, the first time I tried joining, I timed out. The second time I could join, but it took around 3 minutes to load.

ch98

by ch98 » Post

You should list the mod names. It does give some idea how laggy it is.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

I agree
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

keyxmakerx

by keyxmakerx » Post

Another reason for lag is 2 things. One I have a basic laptop i tore apart and put together to make work into a server that is used for a teamspeak and minetest server. And my router is about 12 years old... so It needs a upgrade, but my money is tight. When I fianlly get a chance to save up I'm going to upgrade and buy a much better system76 server along with router, so just hang with me for a few years haha =/ college sukz..

Well The particles mod is really a problem. But after I remove that I'll be done.

Here are the mods.

3d armor,
Barrels - Temporary Works. Due to Technic Mod not compatiable with Speciailites mod.
Bones
Books
conceret
crosshair
doors
dye
explore_map
factions
fake_fire
farm
fireballs <--- If abused ill remove, but since the only way to get them from a admin so.
fissure <--- Causes major Lag! But it's too cool of a mod to remove. Soz guys =/
flolands
flower
flowers_plus
forcefield
framedglass
gems
gloopblocks
glowblocks
habitiat
homedecor
instacabin
inventor_plus <--- I use this only so you can use /m to open mod menu
jail
jungle grass
kutils
laser
lavatemple
locked_sign
mapp
maptools
meru
mesecons
mesor
simple mobs
modmenu
money
more_armor
more blocks
moreores
moretree
mudslide
nether
nomoon
nuke <--- Rrequires nuke prilvedge to use any nukes
peaceful npcs <--- They are only temporary. I don't like that bug, if i can't find a way to mae them static I'm removing this mod as well.
poicon ivy
priviledge areas
protector
protector_plus
reizenpilz <-- mushrooms
sethome <--- not needed so might remove
skins <--- if anyone knows how to add more let me know and ill add it for them
spawneggs
specialties
stairs
stargate <--- Main form of transportation so far. I like that no one else can change that
steel
torches 3d
trashcan
travelnet
ufos
unified inv
unified skins
unified dyes
unknown remover
weather
wieldview
wool
worldedit
xfecnces
zcg
and finally zmobs. <-- Although these don't attack anymores for some reason.

If anyone wants any other mods, just lets me know! ^^

P.S.S The server is officially 24/7 as far as i see it, so once you log in for the first time. You should be set till i have to update the server again haha!
Last edited by keyxmakerx on Tue Jun 11, 2013 04:37, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

Maybe instead of Instacabin (or on top) you could use my instant structures mod. It basically adds the same as instacabin, with also things like towers, farms and a couple of houses. Also, this server reminds me of The Hobbit.
keyxmakerx wrote:Another reason for lag is 2 things. One I have a basic laptop i tore apart and put together to make work into a server that is used for a teamspeak and minetest server. And my router is about 12 years old... so It needs a upgrade, but my money is tight. When I fianlly get a chance to save up I'm going to upgrade and buy a much better system76 server along with router, so just hang with me for a few years haha =/ college sukz..

Well The particles mod is really a problem. But after I remove that I'll be done.

Here are the mods.

3d armor,
Barrels - Temporary Works. Due to Technic Mod not compatiable with Speciailites mod.
Bones
Books
conceret
crosshair
doors
dye
explore_map
factions
fake_fire
farm
fireballs <--- If abused ill remove, but since the only way to get them from a admin so.
fissure <--- Causes major Lag! But it's too cool of a mod to remove. Soz guys =/
flolands
flower
flowers_plus
forcefield
framedglass
gems
gloopblocks
glowblocks
habitiat
homedecor
instacabin
inventor_plus <--- I use this only so you can use /m to open mod menu
jail
jungle grass
kutils
laser
lavatemple
locked_sign
mapp
maptools
meru
mesecons
mesor
simple mobs
modmenu
money
more_armor
more blocks
moreores
moretree
mudslide
nether
nomoon
nuke <--- Rrequires nuke prilvedge to use any nukes
peaceful npcs <--- They are only temporary. I don't like that bug, if i can't find a way to mae them static I'm removing this mod as well.
poicon ivy
priviledge areas
protector
protector_plus
reizenpilz <-- mushrooms
sethome <--- not needed so might remove
skins <--- if anyone knows how to add more let me know and ill add it for them
spawneggs
specialties
stairs
stargate <--- Main form of transportation so far. I like that no one else can change that
steel
torches 3d
trashcan
travelnet
ufos
unified inv
unified skins
unified dyes
unknown remover
weather
wieldview
wool
worldedit
xfecnces
zcg
and finally zmobs. <-- Although these don't attack anymores for some reason.

If anyone wants any other mods, just lets me know! ^^

P.S.S The server is officially 24/7 as far as i see it, so once you log in for the first time. You should be set till i have to update the server again haha!
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

keyxmakerx

by keyxmakerx » Post

Dan Duncombe wrote:Maybe instead of Instacabin (or on top) you could use my instant structures mod. It basically adds the same as instacabin, with also things like towers, farms and a couple of houses. Also, this server reminds me of The Hobbit...
Well I will defently try it! I'm looking into getting a vps, I noticed my current server and internet connect just can't handle the load, but I want to host a public server. Also slightly learning how to code lua. So, any help / tips & tricks you can provide is much welcomed! I am going to keep instacabin, because I know the writer and he was happy that I hadd incorporated it into my server, but I'll be happy to add yours as well!

Thanks!

keyxmakerx

by keyxmakerx » Post

I have updated to a newer and much more smooth server. That said it still takes forever for it to upload so the first time getting on may take a few minutes, but if you like a grand lore. It'll be worth the wait!

bulldog1
IRC: bulldog1
In-game: bulldog1

by bulldog1 » Post

ill take the server off your hands.
Join one of the largest companies in Minetest! Send your resume or tell us of your interest at hr@bulldogindustriescenter.com and visit our website http://www.bulldogindustriescenter.com