[Mod] Pipeworks [git] [pipeworks]

VoidLord

by VoidLord » Post

O.K., now I'm getting an error message for all of my worlds saying "some exception: "std::bad_alloc"". Obviously I screwed up something big.
</randomtextcrap>
</forumposthing>
</body>
</html>
/0

VoidLord

by VoidLord » Post

Never Mind.
</randomtextcrap>
</forumposthing>
</body>
</html>
/0

BrandonReese
GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

How is the Mese Filter different from the regular filter?

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

Hi,

I thought I should mention that I made one of your autocrafters and set it to make battery boxes. I put the items in the recipe box area and put all of the items needed to make 4 battery boxes into the inventory area. It made the 4 battery boxes just fine, but it only took 1 battery for each box instead of the required 4.

Looks like a great mod, I just need to spend more time learning it. :)

EDIT: It may be because the batteries aren't stackable and it was trying to take partial stacks.
Last edited by LionsDen on Thu Jun 20, 2013 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

Temperest
GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Post

BrandonReese: read Overview.html in the mod folder for full descriptions. In short, MESE filters take the whole stack, while normal ones only take one item.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.

hampa16

by hampa16 » Post

i did everything right, but i still get an error!
Rex 2 Double 9
=RomanFox2=
SoulKiller35

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

What is the exact text of the error message you are getting? Look in your debug.txt file or launch minetest from a terminal/command prompt, and copy&paste the errors here. I need everything that looks like an error (the last 30-40 lines should be sufficient).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

hampa16

by hampa16 » Post

VanessaE wrote:What is the exact text of the error message you are getting? Look in your debug.txt file or launch minetest from a terminal/command prompt, and copy&paste the errors here. I need everything that looks like an error (the last 30-40 lines should be sufficient).

failed to load and run:C:\Users\User\Downloads\minetest-0.4.7\mods\pipeworks\int.lua
Rex 2 Double 9
=RomanFox2=
SoulKiller35

Temperest
GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Post

And what comes after that?
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.

hampa16

by hampa16 » Post

Temperest wrote:And what comes after that?
that's it. just this:

failed to load and run:C:\Users\User\Downloads\minetest-0.4.7\mods\pipeworks\int.lua
Rex 2 Double 9
=RomanFox2=
SoulKiller35

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

hampa16 wrote:
that's it. just this:

Exit minetest. Look with your explorer or filemanager in your minetest folder for a file with the name debug.txt.

Delete it. Start minetest. Choose the world with the pipeworks folder. Start that world. You now get the "failed to load and run ...." error. Exit minetest.

Now look again for the file debug.txt (it has reappeared). Open the debug.txt file (doubleclick on it). I expect your debug log level is 2, so select all the text, copy the selected text and yhen paste all the text here in a post.

Maybe it looks difficult, but you'll learn it quickly.

hampa16

by hampa16 » Post

Topywo wrote:
hampa16 wrote:
that's it. just this:

Exit minetest. Look with your explorer or filemanager in your minetest folder for a file with the name debug.txt.

Delete it. Start minetest. Choose the world with the pipeworks folder. Start that world. You now get the "failed to load and run ...." error. Exit minetest.

Now look again for the file debug.txt (it has reappeared). Open the debug.txt file (doubleclick on it). I expect your debug log level is 2, so select all the text, copy the selected text and yhen paste all the text here in a post.

Maybe it looks difficult, but you'll learn it quickly.
it looks dificult and confusing

-------------
Separator
-------------

-------------
Separator
-------------

GUIConfigureWorld: Not allowing focus change.
10:03:07: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
10:03:07: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
10:03:07: ERROR[main]: C:\Users\User\Downloads\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\pipeworks\init.lua:
10:03:07: ERROR[main]: cannot open C:\Users\User\Downloads\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\pipeworks\init.lua: No such file or directory
10:03:07: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
10:03:07: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run C:\Users\User\Downloads\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\pipeworks\init.lua
10:03:07: ERROR[main]: ModError: Failed to load and run C:\Users\User\Downloads\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\pipeworks\init.lua
Rex 2 Double 9
=RomanFox2=
SoulKiller35

hampa16

by hampa16 » Post

hampa16 wrote:10:03:07: ERROR[main]: ModError: Failed to load and run C:\Users\User\Downloads\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\pipeworks\init.lua
this error:
10:03:07: ERROR[main]: ModError: Failed to load and run C:\Users\User\Downloads\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\pipeworks\init.lua
Rex 2 Double 9
=RomanFox2=
SoulKiller35

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

hampa16 wrote:failed to load and run:C:\Users\User\Downloads\minetest-0.4.7\mods\pipeworks\int.lua
Looks like you may have used the "Extract archive in own folder" feature of your archiving program. Try using "Extract here" instead.
Last edited by kaeza on Tue Jul 02, 2013 03:11, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

hampa16

by hampa16 » Post

kaeza wrote:
hampa16 wrote:failed to load and run:C:\Users\User\Downloads\minetest-0.4.7\mods\pipeworks\int.lua
Looks like you may have used the "Extract archive in own folder" feature of your archiving program. Try using "Extract here" instead.
i used "Extract here" but stil this error:
Last edited by hampa16 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 04:08, edited 1 time in total.
Rex 2 Double 9
=RomanFox2=
SoulKiller35

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I need to see the full error message each time you post a report, otherwise all you're doing is saying twice that 'it doesn't run'. The rest of the error message tells me why it didn't work. That said, if it's complaining about missing files, you either did not get the entire file when you downloaded it, or you're copying only part of the mod when you installed it. init.lua is most definitely there in the archive. :-)
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

hampa16

by hampa16 » Post

VanessaE wrote:I need to see the full error message each time you post a report, otherwise all you're doing is saying twice that 'it doesn't run'. The rest of the error message tells me why it didn't work. That said, if it's complaining about missing files, you either did not get the entire file when you downloaded it, or you're copying only part of the mod when you installed it. init.lua is most definitely there in the archive. :-)
this is the error!:

-------------
Separator
-------------

10:03:07: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
10:03:07: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
10:03:07: ERROR[main]: C:\Users\User\Downloads\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\pipeworks\init.lua:
10:03:07: ERROR[main]: cannot open C:\Users\User\Downloads\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\pipeworks\init.lua: No such file or directory
10:03:07: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
10:03:07: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run C:\Users\User\Downloads\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\pipeworks\init.lua
Rex 2 Double 9
=RomanFox2=
SoulKiller35

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

Is there a file called init.lua in the following directory on your computer?

C:\Users\User\Downloads\minetest-0.4.7\mods\pipeworks\

If not, then you do not have the mod installed properly.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

im getting sick of same newbie error reports all over again
this have to be changed...
no matter how,what cost. HAVE TO BE CHANGED
HOWGH

pingpong2012

by pingpong2012 » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:im getting sick of same newbie error reports all over again
this have to be changed...
no matter how,what cost. HAVE TO BE CHANGED
HOWGH
14:57:21: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
14:57:21: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
14:57:21: ERROR[main]: C:\Users\Jacob\Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\pipeworksmaster\init.lua:
14:57:21: ERROR[main]: ...\Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\builtin/misc_register.lua:62: Name pipeworks:pipe_000000_empty does not follow naming conventions: "modname:" or ":" prefix required
14:57:21: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
14:57:21: ERROR[main]: [C]: in function 'error'
14:57:21: ERROR[main]: ...\Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\builtin/misc_register.lua:62: in function 'check_modname_prefix'
14:57:21: ERROR[main]: ...\Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\builtin/misc_register.lua:98: in function 'register_item'
14:57:21: ERROR[main]: ...\Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\builtin/misc_register.lua:158: in function 'register_node'
14:57:21: ERROR[main]: ...ktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\pipeworksmaster\init.lua:298: in main chunk
14:57:21: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
14:57:21: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run C:\Users\Jacob\Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\pipeworksmaster\init.lua
14:57:21: ERROR[main]: ModError: Failed to load and run C:\Users\Jacob\Desktop\minetest-0.4.7\bin\..\mods\pipeworksmaster\init.lua

I think I found the bug: changing the topmost folder to pipeworks fixes it. First error complains the name is illegal because of the hyphen I think, second error is generated because it's looked for pipeworks:pipe_whatever, and the modfolder is either named pipeworks-master by default or pipeworksmaster if you only delete the "hyphen".

A thing on that hyphen, it seems some mods take it as an acceptable character, but not yours (calinou_mods-master and minetest-mod-mesecons-master). Those ones work fine with the -master suffix, so you might want to see if there's a more relative naming convention they use, as yours depends on the name of the topfolder.

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

It is because calinou_mods or mesecons are modpacks, so the name of the modpack folder does not care. However, pipeworks is a mod, so it should be called pipeworks to follow the naming conventions.

pingpong2012

by pingpong2012 » Post

Nore wrote:It is because calinou_mods or mesecons are modpacks, so the name of the modpack folder does not care. However, pipeworks is a mod, so it should be called pipeworks to follow the naming conventions.
Then it'd probably reduce the uh, "noob" error reports if that information was slapped in big red lettering above the download link, and even have like, the download in a spoiler. Also in the readme.

Or she could make a one-mod modpack, are there "rules" against that?

Edit: she
Last edited by pingpong2012 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

@VanessaE: Hoping this topic will get sticky:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=6450

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The topic Nore made has been stickied; I already put explicit instructions in the first post some time ago that you must rename the folder to "pipeworks". I guess you didn't see it (under "Install").

pingpong2012

by pingpong2012 » Post

Yup, it might be a good idea to have the download link in the install instructions, like "Rename the extracted folder to pipeworks after you have downloaded the mod from x"or at least before the download.

When there's like two paragraphs before the download link I just see a wall of text I'm supposed to ignore and download the mod and extract.
Last edited by pingpong2012 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 23:19, edited 1 time in total.