Something weird with http://servers.minetest.net/

User avatar
Megaf
Member
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 18:00
GitHub: megaf
IRC: Megaf
In-game: Megaf

Something weird with http://servers.minetest.net/

by Megaf » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:52

Hi all, I just updated Megaf Till It Ends to
the latest today's master's build.

And know it doesn't show up at http://servers.minetest.net/ anymore.
Do you have any clue about that issue?

I also noticed that server.minetest.net is showing far less servers that is used to show.
Image
Last edited by Megaf on Mon Dec 16, 2013 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
Megaf Server v4.0 Address: mt.megaf.info Port 30003
 

LazyJ
Member
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:29
Location: Podunk, Nowhere, USA

by LazyJ » Mon Dec 16, 2013 13:58

Same here; LinuxGaming.us isn't showing up.

We upgraded to Minetest 0.4.8 unstable, 2013_12_14 release.

I've noticed that none of VannessaE's Minetest servers are showing up either.


Compiled with:
Code: Select all
cmake . -DRUN_IN_PLACE=1 -DENABLE_GETTEXT=1 -DENABLE_FREETYPE=1 -DENABLE_CURL=1


and in the minetest.conf:
Code: Select all
server_announce = true
server_name = LinuxGaming.us
server_description = Player Skins - Crafting Guide - Money Mod
server_url = http://www.LinuxGaming.us
Last edited by LazyJ on Mon Dec 16, 2013 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
sfan5
Moderator
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 09:44
Location: Germany
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 14:35

Try this patch:
https://gist.github.com/sfan5/5494405
Also make sure you have the curl command line utility installed
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)
 

User avatar
Megaf
Member
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 18:00
GitHub: megaf
IRC: Megaf
In-game: Megaf

by Megaf » Mon Dec 16, 2013 15:48

sfan5 wrote:Try this patch:
https://gist.github.com/sfan5/5494405
Also make sure you have the curl command line utility installed


How do we patch? Sometimes people here act like everybody's a developer and know coding and patches and stuff...

Any idea when this will get fixed?
Megaf Server v4.0 Address: mt.megaf.info Port 30003
 

User avatar
sfan5
Moderator
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 09:44
Location: Germany
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 16:07

Megaf wrote:
sfan5 wrote:Try this patch:
https://gist.github.com/sfan5/5494405
Also make sure you have the curl command line utility installed


How do we patch? Sometimes people here act like everybody's a developer and know coding and patches and stuff...

Any idea when this will get fixed?

before compiling minetest use patch < file.patch
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)
 

User avatar
Megaf
Member
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 18:00
GitHub: megaf
IRC: Megaf
In-game: Megaf

by Megaf » Mon Dec 16, 2013 16:53

Thanks for your effort in your patch, put I still have no idea how can I apply it.
The logic way is by entering the src directory and just using patch -p1 < file.patch, as I have done thousands of times with the Linux Kernel.

Code: Select all
minetest@li677-246:~/Minetest/Megaf-161213/src$ patch < announce-fix.patch
patching file serverlist.cpp
Hunk #1 FAILED at 228.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 246.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file serverlist.cpp.rej



sfan5 wrote:
Megaf wrote:
sfan5 wrote:Try this patch:
https://gist.github.com/sfan5/5494405
Also make sure you have the curl command line utility installed


How do we patch? Sometimes people here act like everybody's a developer and know coding and patches and stuff...

Any idea when this will get fixed?

before compiling minetest use patch < file.patch
Megaf Server v4.0 Address: mt.megaf.info Port 30003
 

User avatar
sfan5
Moderator
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 09:44
Location: Germany
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 17:13

Megaf wrote:Thanks for your effort in your patch, put I still have no idea how can I apply it.
The logic way is by entering the src directory and just using patch -p1 < file.patch, as I have done thousands of times with the Linux Kernel.

Code: Select all
minetest@li677-246:~/Minetest/Megaf-161213/src$ patch < announce-fix.patch
patching file serverlist.cpp
Hunk #1 FAILED at 228.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 246.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file serverlist.cpp.rej



sfan5 wrote:
Megaf wrote:
How do we patch? Sometimes people here act like everybody's a developer and know coding and patches and stuff...

Any idea when this will get fixed?

before compiling minetest use patch < file.patch

Just manually replace line 232-239 with this:
Code: Select all
    CURL *curl;
    curl = curl_easy_init();
    system(("curl "+g_settings->get("serverlist_url")+std::string("/announce?json=")+curl_easy_escape(curl, writer.write( server ).c_str(), 0)).c_str());
    curl_easy_cleanup(curl);
    printf("\n");
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)
 

User avatar
Megaf
Member
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 18:00
GitHub: megaf
IRC: Megaf
In-game: Megaf

by Megaf » Mon Dec 16, 2013 18:18

Still not working...

Does anyone have any better result?
Last edited by Megaf on Mon Dec 16, 2013 18:18, edited 1 time in total.
Megaf Server v4.0 Address: mt.megaf.info Port 30003
 

User avatar
CraigyDavi
Member
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 13:08
Location: Hampshire, UK
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 19:19

Yeah I noticed this too. Very weird lack of servers up there.
Mine seemed to launch fine. That is probably because the server uses 0.4.8-Stable rather than 0.4.8-Unstable. Hope this gets fixed as I was thinking of maybe upgrading.
 

kizeren
Member
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 15:06
Location: Missouri, USA

by kizeren » Mon Dec 16, 2013 21:00

I just replaced lines 232 through 239 with sfan5 patch and my server shows back in the list.

But why they change this?
 

kahrl
Member
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 07:51
Location: Rös̓̇chenhof

by kahrl » Mon Dec 16, 2013 23:15

This should be fixed thanks to commit 54dbd78f905 (already in master).

Can anyone confirm that it works again?
Last edited by kahrl on Mon Dec 16, 2013 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
VanessaE
Moderator
 
Posts: 4468
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38
Location: Waynesville, NC
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Mon Dec 16, 2013 23:40

That solved it for mine.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)
 

User avatar
Megaf
Member
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 18:00
GitHub: megaf
IRC: Megaf
In-game: Megaf

by Megaf » Tue Dec 17, 2013 00:03

Well, I can't really test that now because minetestserver can no longer create worlds.
Megaf Server v4.0 Address: mt.megaf.info Port 30003
 

IthegeekRS
Member
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 00:00

by IthegeekRS » Sat Jan 04, 2014 00:40

Megaf wrote:Hi all, I just updated Megaf Till It Ends to
the latest today's master's build.

And know it doesn't show up at http://servers.minetest.net/ anymore.
Do you have any clue about that issue?

I also noticed that server.minetest.net is showing far less servers that is used to show.
http://www.zimagez.com/miniature/serversminetestnet.png

My server wont show up anywhere. If people still join yours, consider yourself lucky.
 

User avatar
hoodedice
Member
 
Posts: 1372
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 06:33
Location: world
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Sat Jan 04, 2014 02:42

Megaf wrote:
sfan5 wrote:Try this patch:
https://gist.github.com/sfan5/5494405
Also make sure you have the curl command line utility installed


How do we patch? Sometimes people here act like everybody's a developer and know coding and patches and stuff...

Any idea when this will get fixed?


Minetest is a game in beta. The developers expect the users (testers) to have basic computing skills which include but are not limited to:

1. Unzipping files.
2. Using a terminal, github, and a text editor program.
3. Double-clicking
4. Understandable English, or any other well-known language.
5. Browsing a forum.

If you do not know any of the following, we will be happy to help you, however, always remember that THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE GAME! IT WILL HAVE BUGS!
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build
 

twoelk
Member
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 16:19
Location: northern Germany
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Sat Jan 04, 2014 17:07

hmm, I seem to have all but one of the basic skills in your list.

That "using Github", which you simply bundle under point 2 with other to me more trivial stuff 'cause I sort of grew up computerwise with it, is in many ways way beyond my grasp of logic. There are quit a few parts of Github that I don't consider easy or logical.

Thinking of it, that "browsing the Forum" part is actually not so much a problem of skills as rather the amount of time one is able or willing to invest.
 

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
 
Posts: 5863
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
Location: United Kingdom
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 17:21

hoodedice wrote:Minetest is a game in beta. The developers expect the users (testers) to have basic computing skills which include but are not limited to:

1. Unzipping files.
2. Using a terminal, github, and a text editor program.
3. Double-clicking
4. Understandable English, or any other well-known language.
5. Browsing a forum.

If you do not know any of the following, we will be happy to help you, however, always remember that THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE GAME! IT WILL HAVE BUGS!


Minetest technically does not have any pre-alpha/alpha/beta/release status (according to c55, when I asked him.)

So "Minetest is a game that is in active development".
 

User avatar
Megaf
Member
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 18:00
GitHub: megaf
IRC: Megaf
In-game: Megaf

by Megaf » Sun Jan 05, 2014 13:17

Ok folks, that problem is fixed. You can close the topic now.
Megaf Server v4.0 Address: mt.megaf.info Port 30003
 


Return to Problems



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 2 guests